• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Partial Shihai no Kyoudan 2, v0.2.3

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
something like this? tech sup 3.png
so it looks like there's two lines of text, I'm guessing the first line is for detecting and the second line is being inserted into the detected text

Last edited:

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
something like this? View attachment 1488829
so it looks like there's two lines of text, I'm guessing the first line is for detecting and the second line is being inserted into the detected text
first one is for checking the translation and second one is for insert yeah, you can change to font size in the config, sansha mendan patch for example and also \n for line breaker

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
first one is for checking the translation and second one is for insert yeah, you can change to font size in the config, sansha mendan patch for example and also \n for line breaker
oh god, now I gotta do it cuz I know how >.<
why you gotta give me more work to do

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
Just remember to credit the guy made this tool crskycode . I think this guy will make tool for UI soon

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Here's a screenshot with inserted text, which means that's something I can do now. I have to configure the text by editing a cs file through my free trial of fileviewer, which means I would like to get stuff like font size etc. done within a month or something.
This also puts my thread in a weird position of no longer being a translation request because I am fulfilling my own request, through and through. Hopefully mods don't mind me continuing to post here.
My original plan of breaking things down into separate text files is now obsolete, now that I have the entire script in a single file. I also have no idea how I'm going to proceed, because I've basically been doing a blind playthrough while translating text as it appears on my screen, and now I have the option to continue doing that OR working purely with text - there's some give and take for both, I might just end up having both the game and the text file open as I work.

I'm gonna mess around with the tech side of things for another day or two, but my priority will be on the translation side for now, meaning that I'm probably gonna insert the translated opening text and then go back to working on the translation for the rest of the game.
I'm considering packing the text once I'm finished each girl's main routes, so people who are curious can go check out the completed translations in a sort of partial patch. This should also give me the option for people to send me spelling errors or wording suggestions etc.

Also, I heard something about dekirutranslations getting dinged by bishop for translating their game without their permission. Haven't confirmed it, but hopefully that won't happen to me >.>

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
And someone remind me to credit for the script tool, I already forgot

Last edited:

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
Here's a screenshot with inserted text, which means that's something I can do now. I have to configure the text by editing a cs file through my free trial of fileviewer, which means I would like to get stuff like font size etc. done within a month or something.
This also puts my thread in a weird position of no longer being a translation request because I am fulfilling my own request, through and through. Hopefully mods don't mind me continuing to post here.
My original plan of breaking things down into separate text files is now obsolete, now that I have the entire script in a single file. I also have no idea how I'm going to proceed, because I've basically been doing a blind playthrough while translating text as it appears on my screen, and now I have the option to continue doing that OR working purely with text - there's some give and take for both, I might just end up having both the game and the text file open as I work.

I'm gonna mess around with the tech side of things for another day or two, but my priority will be on the translation side for now, meaning that I'm probably gonna insert the translated opening text and then go back to working on the translation for the rest of the game.
I'm considering packing the text once I'm finished each girl's main routes, so people who are curious can go check out the completed translations in a sort of partial patch. This should also give me the option for people to send me spelling errors or wording suggestions etc.

Also, I heard something about dekirutranslations getting dinged by bishop for translating their game without their permission. Haven't confirmed it, but hopefully that won't happen to me >.>
Oh you have word wrap at "the" use \n to for line break

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019

And also you can use notepad++ for editing, it's much easier

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Trying to decide on font settings. 60 characters per line seems good enough, I think the longest bit of text is ~180 characters. I'll just force the rest to fit.

I'm not a fan of these settings, but it feels like any changes just make it look worse than this:
tech support 5.png
Once I get the configurations down I can start working on line breaks. Depending on how annoyed I am I'll try and make sure there's no egregious cutoffs.

xenei

Sep 9, 2020
It'd be nice if you edit the OP again, since you're doing it yourself now. Also some tips for translation, don't worry about word-wrap right now; do that after you have fully completed translation or any route that you personally wanna make a partial patch about and share...
Also I too recommend to credit the GitHub account in OP for the tool source, because that's the one and only tool available currently for Bishop titles; publically.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
so I'm probably gonna include a text file with some instructions for the game in english because I don't think I'll be able to do UI changes. At the top or the bottom, I'll throw in my name and crskycode's name, and Yggdragsill's name if he wants.

Right now I'm gonna try and finish editing the OP and packing the relevant files into a zip, which I'll throw on the first post.

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
so I'm probably gonna include a text file with some instructions for the game in english because I don't think I'll be able to do UI changes. At the top or the bottom, I'll throw in my name and crskycode's name, and Yggdragsill's name if he wants.

Right now I'm gonna try and finish editing the OP and packing the relevant files into a zip, which I'll throw on the first post.
No need to add me

xenei

Sep 9, 2020
Just a FYI, you didn't close your issue on GitHub for BSXScript_tool. There's an close option '-'