Others Partial Shihai no Kyoudan 2, v0.2.3

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Reviewing some of my old lines, Yoshino does say "Hiii!" a lot. This is very confusing because hi means hi in english, and hee, which is a more phonetically readable way to spell it, is the way we indicate characters giggling, as in "hee-hee." I was hoping that adding more i's at the end would sufficiently differentiate it from the greeting-hi, but going back and reading it, it feels a little bit like an extended "hi" and it takes a moment to connect the reading back to the actual sound that Yoshino makes.
I have half a mind to go back and change all the hiii's into something like "Hee!" But even that looks weird :HideThePain:

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Man, it feels so nice knowing how many characters I can fit into a line. I was always struggling to make sure the translated lines were as short as possible, but now I only need to worry if it goes over about 150.

Yggdragsill

Jul 18, 2019
goddammit, sometimes I need to read ahead >:/
About the menu you can use this tool to convert png to bsg again
About how to convert bsg too png use GARbro, you can ask xenei about photoshop

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
About the menu you can use this tool to convert png to bsg again
About how to convert bsg too png use GARbro, you can ask xenei about photoshop
ehhh too much of a headache at this point, I'll figure it out later

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Hrmmmm I'm gonna try using "Hiiih!" for these ひいっ! lines...
Looks odd, maybe it'll work tho

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
I spent all day watching squid game and I was so emotionally distraught I couldn't do anything :[
what a mistake

Reactions: Equalitas

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
This 'dame' word keeps being a giant prick in my brain. It's an adjective that literally means 'bad' with a strong tone, but there's no other indicators that it needs to stand by. So it can mean 'it is illegal to do that,' 'it is improper to do that,' 'I would strongly dislike that,' or even 'it is impossible to do that.'

So if I get a sentence like
"(sex between teachers and students is 'dame')"
I have to find a way to juggle three or even four implications behind the use of the word, from "That's illegal!" and "That's immoral!" and "I really don't want to do that [because it's humiliating as a teacher, etc.]!" and also a subtly implied "The world will end if we do that!" (which is more about the strength of tone rather than meaning).
In this particular case, my compromise is just "Teachers and students shouldn't have sex!" Which is luckily a decent encapsulation that includes most/all of the above meanings.

But for something like "nakadashi dame" (inside-ejaculation bad)
"You can't cum inside me!"
"Don't cum inside me!"
"Cumming inside is bad!" <- the most literal translation, which works sometimes
And eventually I just gotta bite the bullet and pick one

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: IAG00011

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Hrmgrm idk how to say 'cannot clench muscles' because normally the word 'clench' is associated with squeezing/gripping something externally, but 力入れる literally means 'to put power/strength into [some part of your body],' which is a more ambiguous way of saying 'clench/flex muscles.' Since in English we don't really refer to the body itself over the action that the body is taking, we say 'pull/squeeze/push [an object]' etc. but I don't think there's a good verb that refers to the literal flexing of a particular group of muscles. The exceptions are 'clench' and 'flex' but these words are usually used to refer to a narrow set of actions. Clench is used when 'clenching your stomach' or 'clenching your toes,' preparing/bracing for some incoming pain or other stimulus. Flex is almost always used to refer to someone 'flexing' their arm, bending it in such a way that it displays the muscles.

:[ but I could be wrong
(apparently clench is most often used to refer to unconsciously putting too much strength into their hand or jaw when they are agitated, but that doesn't work for me either anyway)

Keep going S4mu3l :3
I'm still keep on going dw xd

xenei

Sep 9, 2020
Asking here again - I asked before at Discord
Is your translation Edited MTL ?

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Is your translation Edited MTL ?
Nope. Sometimes a sentence is really complicated and I want a reference, then I'll check DeepL to see how it puts things together. Maybe 1/50 lines I check with MTL, and then 3/10 times it's just wrong. Sometimes I have trouble with phrasing, and I try DeepL to see how it tries to phrase things - this part is actually very useful, because sometimes I know what I need to write but I don't quite know how. Since DeepL is basically a machine that learned to translate through human examples, it has a very nice repository for difficult phrases.
What annoys me most is I spent all my life using english and I need a machine to help me write in english.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Aight, I spent all week playing Dohna Dohna. Very fun game, and way too goddamn long. I think I'm addicted. I'm gonna do some lines and go back to beating up these Asougi scum.

• Red Heart
Reactions: IAG00011