Ren'Py Abandoned Shinobi : Forged Bonds [v0.4.5] [SForgedBonds]

4.70 star(s) 7 Votes

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
I wouldn't necessarily say we need a while guide, alot of the info we have now makes what to do fairly obvious; however I'm not ESL so it's probably more straight forward to me, no offense to anyone who is. I haven't played this since the 3.0 dropped will old saves still work for 4.1?

SForgedBonds

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2016
I wouldn't necessarily say we need a while guide, alot of the info we have now makes what to do fairly obvious; however I'm not ESL so it's probably more straight forward to me, no offense to anyone who is. I haven't played this since the 3.0 dropped will old saves still work for 4.1?
Yep, saves from 0.2 and above should work.

Reactions: Semondemon

Lupin the 3rd

Sep 21, 2019
Sorry to ask this here but I didn't know where else to ask. How did you get your signatures to show so many games?
There is a thread here which shows how to merge signs as gifs. But I don't know which it was called again.

SForgedBonds

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2016
How to get Agility?
Agility isn't used yet at this stage of the game, sorry for the inconvenience.
The art in this game is fantastic' very true to the original. Kudos for that!

Explain something to me, are there (as of yet) or will there be actual sex scenes in the game? I played it for the first time last night for some 3 hours and the lewdest thing I got was the character sitting between Shizune and Tsunade in the hot springs. From what I've read in the comments, this is a romance game with focus on build-up. That's fine and all but perhaps we could get an early taste of what's to come. Some sexy interaction with the girls to keep the player motivated on the pursuit. You know?

Many times during the game I found myself not knowing what to do and just went around visiting every location, giving compliments, going to sleep and repeating again the following day until something showed up. Some of the notes were useful and some weren't. The space between the events felt empty and I ended up filling it with repetitive stuff. The grinding for the affection points is too much. Maybe having other actions that give you more aff. points would help, like take out on a date or gifts. Now, I understand the game is in its early stages and you are working on it alone, but just keep in mind to fill the in-betweens with some cool stuff. For example, mixing up the order of the girls' events so there is always one waiting to be held.

Other than that the game is very good and has much potential. I hope you get a lot of support on patreon(y)

PS: whatever version of RenPy you are using, please keep it. Please, don't upgrade it. The devs of Kunoichi Trainer and Jikage Rising changed their RenPy and now my computer cannot run the games anymore:(
Thanks !

Yes there will be sex scenes, I try to give every girl some events first.
Well, you can always check the changelog to see what's new, the hotsprings scene you got can be seen at the very start of the game. There are some more including nudity (Unless you encountered a bug). The notes and girl's panel give you more info on what to do, the grind for affection isn't much in my opinion. (every 5 points you get an event).

I don't plan to update the RenPy version for the developement of this game so no worry !

SForgedBonds

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2016
After realizing the girls' stats also give tips on what to do, I managed to finish Ino's and Ayame's content (I'm excited for the former 'cause she wants to take it further next time:cool:).

However, I had Sakura's and Tsunade's affection on 45 and I got no event for either. Then I gave up and messed around with the save file. I got both their affection to 90 and no event or tip on the stats. Then I changed some values again. I unlocked 1 event with Sakura (when she visits the player's house; and maybe the second one was the visit in jail?) and Tsunade's event after the mission with Kakashi. It felt like it was the second one because they mentioned a dinner and a pretty dress that I never saw. Then I unlocked Hinata and Tenten but I got tired of playing.

When I edited the save file Tsunade's stats had a note but it was overwritten by "no more content". After much struggle I think I deciphered "... propose something to her in the Evening". I went to every location, every day of the week during the evening but nothing happened. What did that message say?
The game is pretty linear so there is no need to edit the save. You can't unlock events of the same girl if you haven't done the previous first (you can get 20 affection and you won't get the second event of any girl if the first event isn't done).

Hinata and Tenten are unlocked after progressing through the story, everything is written in the notes/stats panel.

Without editing the save, you should get everything right. Hope that helps.

MLGKwikSkop

Dec 21, 2020
Out of curiosity, how is the absence of Naruto and Sasuke handled? Is the story something along the lines of an alternate universe where Ootsutsuki never existed, so the two I mentioned also don't exist? Or do they exist and there's another reason for Sakura, Ino, and Hinata to not have feelings for them?

Or am I just thinking too deep into it?

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
Out of curiosity, how is the absence of Naruto and Sasuke handled? Is the story something along the lines of an alternate universe where Ootsutsuki never existed, so the two I mentioned also don't exist? Or do they exist and there's another reason for Sakura, Ino, and Hinata to not have feelings for them?

Or am I just thinking too deep into it?
They're not mentioned at all. Story is kind of plain. It's like you're the only guy in the village besides Kakashi, Guy and ramen guy. Guy is just used to train your stamina and Kakashi has nothing right now. You do chat with the girls to grind affection then events happen. That's basically it.

I see you're using the sig from Jikage Rising that I merged from the others. Glad you like it. ^^

dan9000

May 21, 2017
what i dont get is that some character description say that i have finished the content for this version, but i have raised the affection of tsunade and sakura and i dont even get a hint, its supposed to be like this?

Reactions: BlackDahliaStudios

RedStarving

Aug 30, 2019
How can I get a special Hotsprings event?
I have done all the girls second events (at least it says 'no more content for this version' for all girls except Ten-Ten) but i still get nothing.

nosbos

Nov 1, 2017
I seem to to can't trigger Sakuras and Tsunades first event. Ayame, Ino and Shinzune are marked as no more content this version. Tenten and Hinata are still locked.

Sakura has 20 affection and Tsunade has 16. Under their stats there is no hit in what to do... In notes it says: Tsunade hotsprings afternoon, but if I click on them it says: Not implemented yet. Sakura wors in hospital, but if I talk to her there I only have: Chat, Compliment, Nevermind.

Help would be appreciated.

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
hmm....opacity/transparency slider for the dialogue box would be good addition I think
the current dialogue box just obscures most of the scenes so having it be more transparent would be nice imo

SForgedBonds

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2016
what i dont get is that some character description say that i have finished the content for this version, but i have raised the affection of tsunade and sakura and i dont even get a hint, its supposed to be like this?
If nothing is written on the girl stats, that means you still have things to do. Some events won't trigger at night for coherence purpose.
How can I get a special Hotsprings event?
I have done all the girls second events (at least it says 'no more content for this version' for all girls except Ten-Ten) but i still get nothing.
This means you still have to do Tenten's events, then you'll get a hint in the notes.
I seem to to can't trigger Sakuras and Tsunades first event. Ayame, Ino and Shinzune are marked as no more content this version. Tenten and Hinata are still locked.

Sakura has 20 affection and Tsunade has 16. Under their stats there is no hit in what to do... In notes it says: Tsunade hotsprings afternoon, but if I click on them it says: Not implemented yet. Sakura wors in hospital, but if I talk to her there I only have: Chat, Compliment, Nevermind.

Help would be appreciated.
Alright, in order to get Sakura's event you must have seen Tenten. If you've done the story part just before, you should talk to Tsunade and you should unlock both Hinata and Tenten.
You'll also get something in the notes after that.

Talk to Hinata and you should be able to do Tsunade's event.
No need to grind affection as events unlocks every 5 points (not much).

Reactions: Xinpggg
4.70 star(s) 7 Votes