Ren'Py Abandoned Shinobi : Forged Bonds [v0.4.5] [SForgedBonds]

4.70 star(s) 7 Votes

Zero919

May 2, 2017
in order for the game to work well, you need to not only start the game from the beginning, but go to (example) C\User\Appdata ... etc. and delete the save folder in the root system
I used to play in the 0.1 version then in 0.2 some scenes did not start even though I started from the beginning it was the same in 0.3 until I completely deleted all the saves
maybe someone will need this information ;)

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
in order for the game to work well, you need to not only start the game from the beginning, but go to (example) C\User\Appdata ... etc. and delete the save folder in the root system
I used to play in the 0.1 version then in 0.2 some scenes did not start even though I started from the beginning it was the same in 0.3 until I completely deleted all the saves
maybe someone will need this information ;)
Any idea why the Ayama scene isn't triggering even though I spent over 80 ryo eating ramen?

Zero919

May 2, 2017
Any idea why the Ayama scene isn't triggering even though I spent over 80 ryo eating ramen?
I wrote above you need to completely delete everything that was and start over again
I also did not start this scene the Ayama and others yesterday to continue the game until I deleted the save folder in the root file and in the game itself, so that when the game starts, it sees that I'm running the game on this computer for the first time

SForgedBonds

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2016
Well I gave it a play finally the game is still barebones, dialogue has some grammar errors or misusing words in places sometimes. The ..... Ellipses are overused too I think.
Tsunades scene was neat, the game looks like it'll be decent but isn't far enough along yet. Tsunades nipples are odd too - I get you tried to match her skin tone but it doesn't look right I'd say a fleshier tone would be better.
As I mentioned in the OP, I don't plan to do something complex for my first game. I did my best for the grammar but I'm not a native english speaker unfortunately. What are you reffering to for " The ..... Ellipses " ?
For Tsunade, it can always be adjusted.
I tested on a new game and it works. If you are using a save from 0.1 it won't work, saves from 0.2 should though.
Otherwise I can take a look at your save !

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Ellipses is just using periods over and over in sentences, it's usually a break for when people talk I believe. Keeping the game simple is fine I meant to type this too but my arm decided to sleep for ten mins and I couldn't type well

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
I wrote above you need to completely delete everything that was and start over again
I also did not start this scene the Ayama and others yesterday to continue the game until I deleted the save folder in the root file and in the game itself, so that when the game starts, it sees that I'm running the game on this computer for the first time
But I just downloaded the game with the new update. this is my first time. I have to do that even though 0.3 is my first time playing that seems buggy as all hell. I get previous save not working but a new game?

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
As I mentioned in the OP, I don't plan to do something complex for my first game. I did my best for the grammar but I'm not a native english speaker unfortunately. What are you reffering to for " The ..... Ellipses " ?

I tested on a new game and it works. If you are using a save from 0.1 it won't work, saves from 0.2 should though.
I have done a new game from 0.3 and have used up alot of Ryo and since there is no way to gain any kid stinks atm. here is a save.

SForgedBonds

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2016
I have done a new game from 0.3 and have used up alot of Ryo and since there is no way to gain any kid stinks atm. here is a save.
That's weird, I checked your save and you should have triggered the event, I edited the ramen amount so you can trigger it properly.

I don't know what happened, your save had 17 ramen while you only needed 5 and that is the only condition.
Well test this save and tell me if it works. (It did for me)

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
Got this when Talking to Tsunade after her lewd scene so had to ignore it and skip that part of the conversation.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Open text tag at end of string u'Maybe...{w]maybe...we could see each other more often ?...'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "custom/scripts/locations/konoha_travel.rpyc", line 32, in script call
  File "custom/scripts/locations/mcroom.rpyc", line 3, in script call
  File "custom/scripts/characters_scripts/misc/tsunade_chat.rpyc", line 125, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1205, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 871, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 602, in display_say
    what_text.update()
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1731, in update
    tokens = self.tokenize(text)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 2205, in tokenize
    tokens.extend(textsupport.tokenize(i))
  File "textsupport.pyx", line 127, in renpy.text.textsupport.tokenize
Exception: Open text tag at end of string u'Maybe...{w]maybe...we could see each other more often ?...'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Shinobi : Forged Bonds 0.3
Mon Sep 13 16:18:41 2021

SForgedBonds

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2016
Got this when Talking to Tsunade after her lewd scene so had to ignore it and skip that part of the conversation.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "custom/scripts/locations/mcroom.rpyc", line 3, in script call
  File "custom/scripts/characters_scripts/misc/tsunade_chat.rpyc", line 125, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1205, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 871, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 602, in display_say
    what_text.update()
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1731, in update
    tokens = self.tokenize(text)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 2205, in tokenize
    tokens.extend(textsupport.tokenize(i))
  File "textsupport.pyx", line 127, in renpy.text.textsupport.tokenize

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Shinobi : Forged Bonds 0.3
Mon Sep 13 16:18:41 2021
Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience that's my mistake ! It's fixed.

For those who encounter this error and have the game files unpacked, just drag the content in the game folder.

Reactions: Semondemon

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
That's weird, I checked your save and you should have triggered the event, I edited the ramen amount so you can trigger it properly.

I don't know what happened, your save had 17 ramen while you only needed 5 and that is the only condition.
Well test this save and tell me if it works. (It did for me)
The save work but I wonder what the heck happens. Also, do you happen to know a way for me to get back the extra used Ryo I hate wasting resources.

SForgedBonds

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2016
The save work but I wonder what the heck happens. Also, do you happen to know a way for me to get back the extra used Ryo I hate wasting resources.
The only reason it could happen is if you edited the ramen value which you didn't so I have no clue.
As for the ryo, either open the console and type : mc_ryo = whateveryouwant or download this save just before Ayame's event.

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
The only reason it could happen is if you edited the ramen value which you didn't so I have no clue.
As for the ryo, either open the console and type : mc_ryo = whateveryouwant or download this save just before Ayame's event.
How do you open the command console in this?

NMML

Oct 2, 2019

Sorry to bother, but I'm having similar troubles with the ayame event, I've spent literally 300 ryo on ramen and still nothing

4.70 star(s) 7 Votes