3.80 star(s) 11 Votes

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Thank goodness for the Itch.io link. After downloading 70.64GBs from other games today, didn't want to sit around all night trying to download this 1.88GBs by using one of those 3 links that was given. Itch.io on the other hand, only took a few minutes and was downloaded.

Gman4672

Aug 6, 2018
Need some better sites to download from 2 are slow as you can get and the other one you have to sign in to download from.

Reactions: satan1972

Anthony222

Jan 18, 2020
I have some questions and one of them regarding the name of the game, why is it called shooting star, when I saw the name I thought it was gonna be a game about wishing for stuff but after reading the op I can see that its not.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Thank goodness for the Itch.io link. After downloading 70.64GBs from other games today, didn't want to sit around all night trying to download this 1.88GBs by using one of those 3 links that was given. Itch.io on the other hand, only took a few minutes and was downloaded.
Yeah, those file mirrors are horrible.

GoFile, Mediafire and Pixel drain are vastly superior.

Reactions: JenMistress

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I want to say that I'm still trying to grasp the situation and the reactions of the MC and the way he seems to be glossing over the past.

I'd rather camp on the beach than live with or take charity from a former school or work-place bully.
There is no way I'd move into their house, particularly since in this case they aren't even remorseful, there is no discussion at all even.

I'd have a huge problem if my mother [or father or sister, whatever] was having friendly interactions with a former school/work bully like nothing happened, to the point of having their contact information and suggesting I live with them.
For me that'd be a betrayal.
It's one of the big problems I had with the plot of MBML, the mother inviting a former school bully into the house. The option right at the start of that AVN when the MC can shut the door on them and walk away should have been the canon story.

Worst of all though is suddenly the MC turns into Captain Save-A-Ho, just like in MBML. The MC has no reason to care about this bitch but suddenly has to become her savior? Why?
I'll do pretty much anything for someone I care about, I'll even go pretty far out of my way for someone I don't really know or who is just a regular acquaintance, but if you've previously attacked me in some way and become some sort of 'enemy', never been remorseful and acted with contrition, then fuck you, I hope you have a horrible life.

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't seem to get these AVNs where the MC suddenly cares about people that've been nothing but cunts.

edit:
Here, this is an example that I don't understand.

Screenshot_2.png

Why?
To all of that, why?
Why am I there for her?
Why would I want to 'hang out' with an insufferable cunt?
Why would I want to "get to know her as a person"?

She's a 5 at best, so no real pretty privilege that would have people over-look other factors.
She isn't particularly feminine in the way she acts or speaks, so not much in the way of relationship attraction triggers.
The MC doesn't have any good childhood memories with that person that would give the MC some sort of "rose tinted glasses" effect.

I just don't get it, there is no reason I can see why I, as the MC, should give two shits about this person.

Last edited:

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
I want to say that I'm still trying to grasp the situation and the reactions of the MC and the way he seems to be glossing over the past.

I'd rather camp on the beach than live with or take charity from a former school or work-place bully.
There is no way I'd move into their house, particularly since in this case they aren't even remorseful, there is no discussion at all even.

I'd have a huge problem if my mother [or father or sister, whatever] was having friendly interactions with a former school/work bully like nothing happened, to the point of having their contact information and suggesting I live with them.
For me that'd be a betrayal.
It's one of the big problems I had with the plot of MBML, the mother inviting a former school bully into the house. The option right at the start of that AVN when the MC can shut the door on them and walk away should have been the canon story.

Worst of all though is suddenly the MC turns into Captain Save-A-Ho, just like in MBML. The MC has no reason to care about this bitch but suddenly has to become her savior? Why?
I'll do pretty much anything for someone I care about, I'll even go pretty far out of my way for someone I don't really know or who is just a regular acquaintance, but if you've previously attacked me in some way and become some sort of 'enemy', never been remorseful and acted with contrition, then fuck you, I hope you have a horrible life.

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't seem to get these AVNs where the MC suddenly cares about people that've been nothing but cunts.

edit:
Here, this is an example that I don't understand.

View attachment 2284569

Why?
To all of that, why?
Why am I there for her?
Why would I want to 'hang out' with an insufferable cunt?
Why would I want to "get to know her as a person"?

She's a 5 at best, so no real pretty privilege that would have people over-look other factors.
She isn't particularly feminine in the way she acts or speaks, so not much in the way of relationship attraction triggers.
The MC doesn't have any good childhood memories with that person that would give the MC some sort of "rose tinted glasses" effect.

I just don't get it, there is no reason I can see why I, as the MC, should give two shits about this person.
If I was the MC I would gaslight the shit out of her and drive her to suicide.

Vualen

Nov 5, 2018
Quite nice, sex sounds are really good (y) I would suggest to work more on animations, to make them smooth and more realistic. Also there could be included at least some milf character. But in general good work, keep going ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: SxRobertVN

atreyuu2003

Jul 14, 2022
Sorry don't mean any disrespect but the female characters don't seem that appealing. All the best with your VN.
They don't all have to be fuckin' Barbie Doll models, bonehead! They're not fuckin' ugly! That's for sure! I wouldn't kick a single one of those girls out of bed, especially after a six-pack!

• Red Heart
Reactions: SxRobertVN

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
They don't all have to be fuckin' Barbie Doll models, bonehead! They're not fuckin' ugly! That's for sure! I wouldn't kick a single one of those girls out of bed, especially after a six-pack!

Appealing doesn't just refer to looks.
It also relates to the way they act and speak.
As I mentioned in my post above, along with being about a 5 in looks [aka: not ugly, repulsive or repellent but also not attractive enough to garner 'pretty-privilege'], Sofia is not particularly "adorable" in the way she acts or speaks and so I don't consider her appealing either.

Being fit, feminine and friendly can actually often out-weigh looks [as long as she isn't straight-up ugly, repulsive or repellent] as far as attraction-triggers are concerned from a man's perspective as it relates to relationships.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
The game is still a bit short, but nice.

If you guys are confused by the description, just play it, you will see it all makes sense.

SUGGESTION: convert .png to .webp, perhaps with 95% quality. It will not affect the visual perception but reduce the sizes like tenfold.

SxRobertVN

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2017
The game is still a bit short, but nice.

If you guys are confused by the description, just play it, you will see it all makes sense.

SUGGESTION: convert .png to .webp, perhaps with 95% quality. It will not affect the visual perception but reduce the sizes like tenfold.
Thank you! I tried to be consistent with the story. I don't know how well I did or not. But that's the beauty of indie games, there are a lot of them. :giggle:

And thanks for the info, I'll try that file format!

3.80 star(s) 11 Votes