lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
ah i see. i think i remember seeing it but couldnt find it on his twitter. Do you know where to find the full video?
there's one on his twitter from 4 years i'll finish typing this once i find it

there is a mtl translation of this one he posted but you can hunt that down if you want

and the one your asked about is on his pixiv fanbox

warning unlike the previous one this one is vore

Reactions: bwardyunbip

PunishedHart

Jan 22, 2021
You guys know the TL released in May right? If you had just done some "digging" (checking the translators blog....)

you would have found the part 2 release and played it already.
I will link the blog here:

All you have to do is scroll down a little bit to find the patch! I am not 100% certain, but I think the only thing holding an update back is waiting for someone to post "Shrift 2 version 1.53". Although I am not 100% certain what the current version of Shrift 2 we are currently on, as the download link doesn't say.

Reactions: dudibudi

PunishedHart

Jan 22, 2021
You guys know the TL released in May right? If you had just done some "digging" (checking the translators blog....)

you would have found the part 2 release and played it already.
I will link the blog here:

All you have to do is scroll down a little bit to find the patch! I am not 100% certain, but I think the only thing holding an update back is waiting for someone to post "Shrift 2 version 1.53". Although I am not 100% certain what the current version of Shrift 2 we are currently on, as the download link doesn't say.
Update! I have decided to purchase the game, and I will try to post the updated version here. Stay tuned!

31warrior

Jul 11, 2022
do we see yami ever again after tutorial? And I didn't understand anything about how yami and me are in a dream, and she is lonely, she can't come to real world etc. do i need to play the first game?

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
thanks, can you answer my other question too?
This question is a bit complicated. I'll try to anwser whit as little spoilers as possible. Yami is a character form the 1st game, since you didnt play it ofc you dont know her. But as to why she knows you: You(the player) and character you played as in 1st game are 2 seperate entities and she "meet" both of you. So she does not know MC from 2nd, she knows you- the player.

Reactions: Thirtyeight

31warrior

Jul 11, 2022
This question is a bit complicated. I'll try to anwser whit as little spoilers as possible. Yami is a character form the 1st game, since you didnt play it ofc you dont know her. But as to why she knows you: You(the player) and character you played as in 1st game are 2 seperate entities and she "meet" both of you. So she does not know MC from 2nd, she knows you- the player.
Thanks. Is it normal that I don't get my levels back after giving them to yami at the tutorial? Even though I get an ending scene, and begin from the start, it doesn't start from 30 but 1. I started to play the actual game and it's still 1.

31warrior

Jul 11, 2022
you never get levels back after a loss and the "enemy" gets stronger from your levels.
wait, even when I get a game over/ending scene and start all over again? but isn't that ridiculous? because I literally begin everything right from the start?

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
wait, even when I get a game over/ending scene and start all over again? but isn't that ridiculous? because I literally begin everything right from the start?
Welcome to shrift, its sadistic. In this game you can never regain lost levels, but you can grind them back, its not hard. You get something for being drained. Not sure you reached far into the game to know what I'm talking about. But the thing you gain is constant acros all saves. It was prolly made so you couldnt just spam drain and gain infinite "that" just like that. But you get drained only in hotel or in drain battles, so loosing levels most of the times happens only when you want it to happen.
So TL DR dont mess around whit demons too much or be prepared to grind it back.

Xammax

Jul 6, 2017
OK, so levels and the points you get for having them drained are permanent and tracked outside of your current game, so loading a previous save does nothing. That seems really frustrating and grindy, but there are a couple of systems in place to mitigate that and even make it a tactical decision to get drained. Exp for levels are exponential, but the bonus you get for levels diminishes pretty quickly. You can get through the game with just around level 15, soft cap is around lvl 30 and grinding more is mostly pointless. To get exp you can of course farm trash mobs in dungeons (called wandering spirits) or just work at the church, skip 2 days, work at church again, repeat until you hit the level you want. Those points for drained levels are a very good reward and probably essential to get through sections of the game later on. And if you ever happen to overfeed an enemy you can just reset their level in a location you discover relatively early in the game. Lastly if you just wanna get through the game, easy difficulty allows you to just continue the story after a loss as if you won that fight (only works for story drain battles, not optional ones).

31warrior

Jul 11, 2022
Welcome to shrift, its sadistic. In this game you can never regain lost levels, but you can grind them back, its not hard. You get something for being drained. Not sure you reached far into the game to know what I'm talking about. But the thing you gain is constant acros all saves. It was prolly made so you couldnt just spam drain and gain infinite "that" just like that. But you get drained only in hotel or in drain battles, so loosing levels most of the times happens only when you want it to happen.
So TL DR dont mess around whit demons too much or be prepared to grind it back.
thanks, I have 2 questions and I would be glad if you could answer them too:
1-what are corruption, trust, bond points and what is SP?
2-I am having a hard time against cait sith even though I play with normal difficulty. I don't think a fight this early would actually be this much difficult, so is there a certain trick to it or am I doing something wrong? Can you give any advice?

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
thanks, I have 2 questions and I would be glad if you could answer them too:
1-what are corruption, trust, bond points and what is SP?
2-I am having a hard time against cait sith even though I play with normal difficulty. I don't think a fight this early would actually be this much difficult, so is there a certain trick to it or am I doing something wrong? Can you give any advice?
Since you ask about SP I assume you didnt do the quest that explains it.
And since you ask about the other things I assume you didnt unlock the hotel.
Ok Sp are point you can spend to upgrade your characters skills, a bit later you'll get a quest that explains and shows how to use them. Trust etc there is an npc that explains it all later, its a sheep, you can find him in the hotel, you cant miss it.
As for Cait sith.... Did you get drained by her already? that battle is not hard at all. Just pray a few time and done. You were explained how grabs work in tutorial right? What level are you now?

31warrior

Jul 11, 2022
Since you ask about SP I assume you didnt do the quest that explains it.
And since you ask about the other things I assume you didnt unlock the hotel.
Ok Sp are point you can spend to upgrade your characters skills, a bit later you'll get a quest that explains and shows how to use them. Trust etc there is an npc that explains it all later, its a sheep, you can find him in the hotel, you cant miss it.
As for Cait sith.... Did you get drained by her already? that battle is not hard at all. Just pray a few time and done. You were explained how grabs work in tutorial right? What level are you now?
Yes I got drained because I forgot about "resist", now I'm level 1, but I only gave 5 levels, becuase I already gave all of my levels to Yami without knowing that I can't get them back. I know how to avoid grabs, but at some point she just hits me 3 times in a row and I loose.

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
Yes I got drained because I forgot about "resist", now I'm level 1, but I only gave 5 levels, becuase I already gave all of my levels to Yami without knowing that I can't get them back. I know how to avoid grabs, but at some point she just hits me 3 times in a row and I loose.
I honestly dont know what to say, you turned a rather easy fight into a nightmare. Once more welcome to shrift, this is normal here. Only thing you can do now is to level up. Get about level 25 from wondering spirits and work and church then try again.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes