JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Is version 1.63 in this thread or did no one send the download yet?Or is 1.63 in the first page download links already?Dont know how to check the version and the zip just says "ShriftII".

And does the sphinx DLC have a code like the DLCs in Shrift 1?

One more thing,i havent played Shrift 1 n 2 as m finishing up another game m playin.Sooo
1-What are the DLC codes for really?Why do i need em
2-Where do i put em in both games(if Shrift2's DLC has a code)?Do i put em before or after i complete the main story of both games?
3-Are they separate stories?Or a "After the main story" thing?(also sorry if im asking too many questions)((i assure you this is the last one,probably))
So, first, the DLCs are released separatedly from the games, as patches for the games, in Ci-en posts. For Shrift 1, there were, from what I remember, around 2-3 DLCs (pretty sure they were on the paid tier of the Ci-en). You'd first need to download them, put their files directly into the game folder, then access them in-game.

For Shrift 2, the current DLC available, the Sphinx one, is free (and you can download it right now from their Ci-en post for it), and the Code for it is to get the proper item for it.
You use the code in Izayoi Hotel, at the Chesire cat, and that's how you receive the item for Sphinx. Afterwards, the next time you go to sleep in your bed, you choose to put an item under the pillow (much like how you'd do for Hypno dream demon), choose the item for the Sphinx, and that's how you get her content.

Be warned, Shrifted hasn't translated the DLCs of either game, you'll most likely have to use [MTool] to translate (MTL) those parts

ImuSama

Nov 19, 2023
Hi the game has new update ? Just a question how to unlock the full gallery ? And how to unlock all the monsters scenes and watch them i don't know how to unlock them all.

Balgias

Dec 17, 2018
it gives me error View attachment 2959276

FIXED: First apply the patch in untranslate version then transfer save file
I am getting this error too, I don't understand, what patch, what untranslated version???? It seems like the game is updated on the dlsite but there is no patch, or link to an up-to-date version I can see anywhere on these forums? What is going on people, speak PLAINLY.

Last edited:

HunLepto

Aug 28, 2019
Is the creator still obsessed with his characters to the point of mental illness or does he no longer act like genocide route players should be thrown into jail for fictional murder? That was one of the reasons my interest in the series dropped heavily before.

Plzgibcovid20

Feb 11, 2022
Is the creator still obsessed with his characters to the point of mental illness or does he no longer act like genocide route players should be thrown into jail for fictional murder? That was one of the reasons my interest in the series dropped heavily before.
My brother in Christ you're referring to someone who has spent years of their life making video games about fucking monster girls. Mental Illness ensures quality

HunLepto

Aug 28, 2019
My brother in Christ you're referring to someone who has spent years of their life making video games about fucking monster girls. Mental Illness ensures quality
True, but depends on what kind of. Like imagine blaming your own players for actually playing your game fully. Toby Fox never did the same despite making people feel guilty for the genocide run, because even he understands it's a game and that majority of players want to make use of their freedom of choice.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Quite Frankly

Plzgibcovid20

Feb 11, 2022
True, but depends on what kind of. Like imagine blaming your own players for actually playing your game fully. Toby Fox never did the same despite making people feel guilty for the genocide run, because even he understands it's a game and that majority of players want to make use of their freedom of choice.
True that could be annoying. I've attached a three step process that may help you enjoy the game again.

7b0.png

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Kinda right, while the dev does have all the rights to do whatever they want with their game, it's generally kind of a dick move to give the option for a Genocide route, then shit all over you for choosing it, instead of making you feel bad by the implication of your choice itself.

Personally, what ticked me off the most is that, from what I heard, the dev went back and made the Genocide route (specifically, on the final fight of it) even harder as he kept working on the EX part. While it kind of makes sense story-wise, the Genocide route was already a hard one to begin with, there wasn't any gameplay-wise need to make it even harder.

In the end, what makes a Mercy Route truly good and appreciable isn't the fact that it's literally the Good Route, but the fact that you'd also have the option for generally easier avenues (that being Neutral), and instead you'd willingly choose to go the harder route simply to adhere to it. It wouldn't be as impactful if the Mercy Route would be the only route possible, at least in terms of choices (it could still have story impact tho).

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Personally, what ticked me off the most is that, from what I heard, the dev went back and made the Genocide route (specifically, on the final fight of it) even harder as he kept working on the EX part. While it kind of makes sense story-wise, the Genocide route was already a hard one to begin with, there wasn't any gameplay-wise need to make it even harder.
Not "even harder", but quite literally impossible without cheating. The final boss of the Genocide route CANNOT be won against unless you cheat or mod the game. And that's not to mention being forcibly kicked off of genocide if it's your first playthrough.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes