theryo2001

Dec 2, 2018
So the guide mentions something about a protective shirt to use when fighting echo but I can't find where it is. Any one know where it is?

Edit:Nevermind the tanuki has it lol

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
So, in ex4 is lamia supposed to just give up? In the first fight, she didn't attack me at all and in the second one, she stopped attacking after using her shota spell. And for some reason Gnome doesn't protect Kazuya against stuns like it says it does. Kind of going to be a pita later if there is an actually threatening enemy that uses stuns and dispels hell break like beezlebub sisters do. I wonder if something broke in the translation or if its a bug in the original game. I would bring this up at the ulmf translation thread but they're having server issues over there right now.

Edit: tried the lamia fight on an untranslated copy and she didn't fight back after shota spell other than trying to use it again after a few turns so I guess it's just a bug.

Last edited:

Wood_Hashira

Jan 11, 2021
I did all the Gaijinizer thing and I'm getting an error around scripts failed to run or something.

Edit: Nvm I somehow did it by pressing random buttons like a 3 year old child.

Ranonymou

Jun 10, 2021
Gonna suggest Shrift 2 (or Shrift II as the game is labelled) get it's own thread since it has a public demo at this point
but first it needs a translation to get a thread so either we settle on MTL in the meantime just to have a place to discuss it in or we give it some time for someone to properly translate it. I'm in favor of temporary MTL unless there's a translation thread somewhere already

Wood_Hashira

Jan 11, 2021
Nevermind, my game broke again. This time I guess I made it worst. And by that I tried to press button like a child and didn't work and made it worst. Any tips?
Screenshot 2022-05-04 223044.png

LukeSky001

Apr 7, 2018
The whole plot of EX4 is developer's informational and mentall acrobatics to justify the idea "Geno is bad, Mercy is good *insert chad vs soyjack meme*".
If you compare circumstances of SHRIFT with game like Undertale, you will see how "mercy" ideas are different.
In Undertale, it was like "Yes, maybe monsters a little bit rude. Yes, you have all rights on self defence. But dude, they are harsh because they literally HAVE to be harsh. And yet, the most of monsters don't want to fight at all and will stop attack you after a conversation or another interaction through the battle. Characters like Asgore are even near mentall breakdown because of the sin's burden. So, you have power. You have your determination-thing. Maybe you will use it to broke this circle of violence? Maybe you will supress your urges and show some MERCY?"
In SHRIFT it is like "YOOOOOOO, WE HAVE KILLING MACHINES HERE!!! They killed sooooo many people!!!!! Like Archne!! Do you like our favourite edgy wannabe-predator??? Yes, i am talking about the one w̨̫͎̪̣ͅh̨̖͓o̢̬̭̫̥͔ ş̫̮a̡̘̜͙ḑ͕̪ͅį͙̭͇ş̮̙̗t̲̩̱̘͢ͅi̜͉͢c̡̘̮͕a̢̩̖̣l̨̥̪͉͖l͚̞̳͚͜ỵ̡̮͈̫ k̢̬̫̬͖͍į̪͔͙l̗͈͢l͕̦̦͜s̨͇͖̫͔̭ p͚͓͔̜̜͜ę͚̦̲o͈͔͖̙͉͢p̧̟̞̗̟͚l̢̖̟̰͙ȩ̬̮ a̩̮͜n̨̫̟̰d̢͎̟ f̨̫̤i̡̞̬l̥͓͢l̢̝̣̯͍s͉̞̲̲͜ t͕̯͈͜h̤͙͓̳͜e̞͍͍̩̖͢m̙̗̘͎͢ͅ w̧̦̣i̧̩̣t̢͓͉͚ḫ̡̠ͅ f̨̩̩̬͍̠e̢̥̖͖̥ą̦̤͈͉͈r̢̮̦̲͉ t̢̪̞ǫ͙̥ m̨̖̖̪̣̪a̡̲͇̮͍̟k̘̟̮̣͜e̡̘̪͕͉̮ t̡̫͈̱h̡͈͇̥ȩ̰̟̯̪̫m̨̦̥͇̙̝ m̧̫̪̲o̡̬̥r͎̗͜e̠͈̪͜ ş̫̳̫a̢̞͇̳͙͙t̨̥̬i̧͍̟̬̣ş̙̟f̧̖̮y̧̰̝i̢͖͓͎n̖̝͢g̢͙͔͕̟̠ ţ̬͉̘̭o̢̝͚͉̘ e̢̲̭a̡̘̝͕t̢̮̖̤ a̢͇̟̣l͇̱͜ͅị̡̳͎͖̖v̡̲̦͔̮ȩ̩̖!̧͎͕̱!͍̮̝͢ Like predators do in nature!!! Don't they? Sooooo... You are a good guy, don't you? What about some MERCY?
Huh? Are they going to change and stop killing people — you ask? You silly!! It's their nature ^_^!!!! Some of them even won't stop to try kill YOU :)
What do you mean "My common sense tells me that not ALL OF THEM are worthy for MERCY and i have an urge to commit genocide"? Why are you so mean ;(? I have that deep idea of pacifism and you are going to throw it out because you can't understand it? You stupid puppet of the Old One!!"

Undertale is about Mercy, SHRIFT is about pure Masochism. If you ignore information about world destruction and poor crying Kazuya, Genocide — is the best route. The only ones who i felt sorry about in Geno run were Lamplas, Empuse, Mother Rabbit, Hayakki and Echo.

Friendship and hentai scenes are temporary
But the Genocide is

ETERNAL

View attachment 1536864
This. After all, blue and orange paradox isn't really a paradox at all.

If an entity understands that it brings death, has enough intelligence to realize it and does it anyway, then it deserves to be shot.

If an entity doesn't understand, or it's nature forces it to do it, then while it's not malicious, it's nature is still similar to that of a wildfire. While it doesn't deserve to be shot, for the sake of everyone else it NEEDS to be shot.

Basically, if it wants to eat you and it doesn't wanna stop when you ask it to, WHELP.

*DELETE*

joe213_4

Apr 23, 2022
how do i kill mother rabbit, i got 8 rabbit fur then she stopped appearing and do i have to kill haru and liz? if so how? im trying to do genocide im stuck in chapter 2 help please
edit: nvm wtf my guy just killed liz and haru i didnt even have to do anything

Swiftstar194

Feb 14, 2018
So whats going on with the fighting the black kitsune i have all4 Ex Missions complete but the 4th crystal wont light up. anyone know if i missing a patch or if i just gotta wait?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
These pillar directions really uh... don't make any sense, huh?
I have no idea how you figured this out, quite frankly, and I definitely wouldn't have.
Compare their shadow direction and the direction you take the first time. The green statue's shadow points left in the first screen and you go up. So when it points right.... I only understand this after seeing those images though.

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes