VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
is there any way to progress the loyalty for the demons faster? Its too bothersome to repeat sex, drink herbal tea and then do it again...
You can farm cetain bronze boxes for gift items. Mukuro and Echo drop gems for example, Barghest drops that stone that can be used to create gems and I think monster meat.

Deleted member 3931217

Jul 15, 2021
im about to finish my playthrough (defeated deji) and have some questions:

1. where is hiyakki? I cant find her in my room
2. is the genocide route worth it and how do I play it?
3. should I play the ex chapters (dlc) before playing the new game?

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
im about to finish my playthrough (defeated deji) and have some questions:

1. where is hiyakki? I cant find her in my room
2. is the genocide route worth it and how do I play it?
3. should I play the ex chapters (dlc) before playing the new game?
1: Hyakki only appears after you finish your playthrough I believe.
2: It's objectively better than the true mercy ending, but the dev threw a hissy fit that people liked it better (Gee, wonder why people like killing characters off when they're completely irredeemable... I guess the world may never know!). Play it via turning off NG+ benefits after your first playthrough then killing all demons in all areas.
3: I'd say you probably should, yeah.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
the dev threw a hissy fit that people liked it better (Gee, wonder why people like killing characters off when they're completely irredeemable... I guess the world may never know!).
I feel like a lot of people have completely missed the point of the Mercy route because a lot of you seem to think the point was the characters were meant to be "redeemed" or shown to be actually good deep down. Like with Arachne just for example since a lot of people have mentioned her in this thread to try to justify playing an optional route in a video game as if that's necessary or something, at least from what I took away from it Kazuya spares Arachne not because it would be wrong to kill her but because he's trying to prove her worldview wrong. Killing her because she's evil and a threat to humans would just prove that she was right to do what she did from a self-preservation standpoint because if she didn't humans would kill her first to protect themselves which is what Kazuya was trying to prove to not be the case by sparing her. In otherwords the game is trying to say taht you actually have the same mindset she does if you try to justify killing her for reasons like that.

Reactions: aattss

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
I feel like a lot of people have completely missed the point of the Mercy route because a lot of you seem to think the point was the characters were meant to be "redeemed" or shown to be actually good deep down. Like with Arachne just for example since a lot of people have mentioned her in this thread to try to justify playing an optional route in a video game as if that's necessary or something, at least from what I took away from it Kazuya spares Arachne not because it would be wrong to kill her but because he's trying to prove her worldview wrong. Killing her because she's evil and a threat to humans would just prove that she was right to do what she did from a self-preservation standpoint because if she didn't humans would kill her first to protect themselves which is what Kazuya was trying to prove to not be the case by sparing her. In otherwords the game is trying to say taht you actually have the same mindset she does if you try to justify killing her for reasons like that.
Alright, congratulations. Good job, Kazuya. You proved someone wrong. Have fun knowing that you could have chosen the objectively correct option and killed them, but you just HAD to have your "moral superiority". I'm sure the people who you could have saved understand why you did that, and they definitely won't be mad at you as they get raped to death and have their soul stolen. And that's if they're lucky.

Reactions: Nevart

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Alright, congratulations. Good job, Kazuya. You proved someone wrong. Have fun knowing that you could have chosen the objectively correct option and killed them, but you just HAD to have your "moral superiority". I'm sure the people who you could have saved understand why you did that, and they definitely won't be mad at you as they get raped to death and have their soul stolen. And that's if they're lucky.
See this is what I'm talking about though you're acting like they're Humans who just suddenly went on murder sprees and not literal monsters that are brought into a world where they're instantly put at violent odds with Humanity. And again it feels like you're missing the point to just justify some weird attitude toward the game when you don't really need to because if you spare her she either kills herself or enters your mind in a way where she isn't actually able to ever leave again unless it's seemingly to help you.(Remember in the mercy ending you're explicitely told they're always going to reside in some unconscious your mind as a consolation if you give up your magic implying they can't actually leave and the only time you ever see any monsters leave your mind is when they help you out.) Basically the point I'm making is it's just kinda weird to me like you all could just go I like genocide route more because it's more interesting/fun it doesn't have to be some sort of "its the 'objectively' morally correction option".

Last edited:
Reactions: aattss

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
See this is what I'm talking about though you're acting like they're Humans who just suddenly went on murder sprees and not literal monsters that are brought into a world where they're instantly put at violent odds with Humanity.
That's the thing though. They *are* monsters. Humans, to them, are nothing but food. You could take the route of befriending them, sure, but you're befriending one of them. Barghests, Lampases (Lampi? Whatever the fuck the plural of Lampas is), and Camazotz are entire species. That's an entire species that still goes on to hunt down and kill people. Arguably, being caught by a Barghest would be one of the best fates to have. They just rape you and steal your soul. A Lampas rapes you, steals your soul, and turns you into a fucking lamp, sticking you with her forever. A Camazotz parasitizes you, making you a prisoner of your own body. That's fucking horrifying to think about.
Just how many do you think they've killed? How many do you think they'll keep killing? And that's not even getting into the ones who you can't befriend like the Harpy Spawn.
And again it feels like you're missing the point to just justify some weird attitude toward the game when you don't really need to because if you spare her she either kills herself or enters your mind in a way where she isn't actually able to ever leave again unless it's seemingly to help you.(Remember in the mercy ending you're explicitely told they're always going to reside in some unconscious your mind as a consolation if you give up your magic implying they can't actually leave and the only time you ever see any monsters leave your mind is when they help you out.)
Honestly, I'm focusing on all of the demons, not just Arachne. For her though... Alright, explain the post credits scene of true mercy. Or it might be before credits, can't remember. How is she outside of Kazuya's head in the real world? Does she not explicitly state that she's going to go out to catch and eat more people, and invite Titanoboa to come along with her? Explain her marriage scene. Does she not state that she's going to continue catching and eating people, and that she's waiting for the right time to eat you as well?
Basically the point I'm making is it's just kinda weird to me like you all could just go I like genocide route more because it's more interesting/fun it doesn't have to be some sort of "its the 'objectively' morally correction option".
I... really don't think I had fun with this game at all, as weird as that sounds to say considering my activity in this thread. I just got into it to pass the time. Enjoyed it a bit, yeah, but when you actually look at this story you start to see it for what a fucking trainwreck it is.
Tell me, how is it not right to act in self defense? Demons will hunt down humanity until they are all gone. Hell, they can't even be killed (most of them at least), just sent back to the demon realm. How is it not morally correct to prevent humanity from going extinct by removing an obviously extremely hostile, completely remorseless force?

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
Is there is still bug when you finish "rage"(forgot proper name) route first than go "nice one" - some scenes in private rooms get stuck on a loop? Kinda want to finish it that way(evil=>good), feels more appropriate in this case.

Anarchistic

Apr 30, 2018
How is it after all this time noone has added a patched version of 8.07 yet to here? Considering it fully translated ex-4, you'd think that would happen.

If someone can at least post v8.07 (NOT THE PATCH, the PATCHED GAME) that would be GREATLY appreciated because it won't let me update to 8.07 from 8.06 and it's frustrating not being able to play the collab scenario in full English to appreciate it all

dasbobo

Jun 11, 2021
Can someone give me a save that is not on hardcore and not already cleared PLEASE. The lampas are fucking me up badly

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes