Dec 18, 2020
Sorry for my actions and spamming messages, just got done with chapter one when luck was on my side.
I completed the Lampas maze in a minute when the stars aligned.

To win, I took calming tea then used my skills to get there which only caught once then ran out only caught once again with both times having them only attack once.

1: Multiposting is generally frowned upon you should probably not do it.
2: You can reduce lust outside of battles by drinking tea or going to sleep (I think). Morphine also reduces lust in battle.
3: Make sure the lantern you got is equipped if you're going into a dark room
4: There are safe spaces, and you can't be charmed by the gas when it's going back. Study the patterns and have patience.
5: If you get caught, furiously mash the arrow keys + Z and X to get out. Personally, I made a macro for it to save my hands. However, you can't escape if you're both charmed and bound.
Yep, I was getting wrecked by getting charmed and bound, then the enemies spammed 5 long attacks which made me lose because of lust.
Anyways I did it and I was just having a heated gamer moment due to bad luck/RNG.
Deeply sorry, have fun and will stop posting now

Dec 18, 2020
How do I solve the sphinx riddle peacefully? Sighs
I don't want to become angry again, I killed her out of frustration because it is either everyone deserves death or no one deserves death.
Those are the only options.
So can someone give me advice?

Deleted member 3931217

Jul 15, 2021
How do I solve the sphinx riddle peacefully? Sighs
I don't want to become angry again, I killed her out of frustration because it is either everyone deserves death or no one deserves death.
Those are the only options.
So can someone give me advice?
read the guide that was posted here. Btw, fuck this game Im currently cheating my way through it.

Dec 18, 2020
I just started reading the guide and this game is too hard for a normal person.
It is so random and I hate you need to do specific moves to be a pacifist.
Killing everyone is just so easy.
I heard that the dev was not happy with people a lot of the time doing Genocide runs but what do you expect.
Being nice is very hard with all the stuff about people and the hard things about doing the pacifist run.
In Undertale you just had to be nice, maybe backtrack but not entirely necessary.
You just win by being a persistent pacifist but here you have to jump through so many hoops.
That is why Flowey says "will you kill out of frustration"
In Undertale, you just try your best and think about what to say, you have time if you have skill.
We kill out of frustration in this game because it is so convoluted and hard.
It is a satisfying route and fun.
That is why people pick it.
Anyways I am done ranting.
I have the guide so goodbye

CloseCombat

Jun 23, 2022
The delusion capsules? You don't get access to the machine until 2-2/2-3. You gain memories through certain scenarios, like in My Room, completing a chapter or for a certain one, explore the area before you leave for the next chapter(refer to guide)

If you're talking about the capsule for upgrading, then you gain SP through either leveling up by defeating/ killing enemies, filling up the book or getting 100 affection with the demons you befriend in My Room.

The battery is straight forward for the most part. The first one where you fight Lampas is obvious. The ones following up after getting the lantern are located like this;
-When you enter the room, make your way to the far right and you should see a ladder, go down that ladder and then make your way to the far left, you should see the battery there, continue this process to progress through the chapter.

Again the guide will help you a lot when you're stuck.
Yo I'm stuck in that room. My main problem is the traps and the fact that I can't break free from the trance (or whatever it is that pulls you to the lampas). I spam left and right arrow keys but to no avail.
Also I don't remember the "first battery" that you mentioned. Already got the lamp after battling iron maiden. Please help dude!

CloseCombat

Jun 23, 2022
Yo I'm stuck in that room. My main problem is the traps and the fact that I can't break free from the trance (or whatever it is that pulls you to the lampas). I spam left and right arrow keys but to no avail.
Also I don't remember the "first battery" that you mentioned. Already got the lamp after battling iron maiden. Please help dude!
Never mind, I think my game is bugged. I cleared that room and found "adrenaline" "bullets" and a "demon ward" accessory.
This must be what you guys said was "optional". I didn't get a battery beforehand when I fought the lampas and let her go, so its likely that my game is simply bugged and I can access the other two rooms :/

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Never mind, I think my game is bugged. I cleared that room and found "adrenaline" "bullets" and a "demon ward" accessory.
This must be what you guys said was "optional". I didn't get a battery beforehand when I fought the lampas and let her go, so its likely that my game is simply bugged and I can access the other two rooms :/
You need to go all the way to the right in the room and down the ladder then all the way left. The battery is black object that'll be sitting in the middle of an open space.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
The game will clearly tell you when you reach the optional room.

Dec 8, 2019
Maybe I've got the IQ of a household electrical appliance used to reheat food, but I cannot get past the very beginning of the game. The nasty little dog things out number me and I can't outrun them. Is there another way of escaping that place without going through the vent or something? I'm a bit lost.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Maybe I've got the IQ of a household electrical appliance used to reheat food, but I cannot get past the very beginning of the game. The nasty little dog things out number me and I can't outrun them. Is there another way of escaping that place without going through the vent or something? I'm a bit lost.
Go through the vent, then immediately go up and through the door you come out right next to. Make sure to prepare your route before starting the machine to lure them.

Dec 8, 2019
Go through the vent, then immediately go up and through the door you come out right next to. Make sure to prepare your route before starting the machine to lure them.
Still can't get it, everytime I make it past the things I get forced into a random fight with one of them, after beating it the pack catches up to me and I get snatched.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Still can't get it, everytime I make it past the things I get forced into a random fight with one of them, after beating it the pack catches up to me and I get snatched.
Huh, that's weird... Could you post a video or something showing this? That might help me figure out what you need to do.

Jun 26, 2017
Hey guys I know I already asked this question but never got a response. In ex4 I got up to the hellhound first fight but after beating her the game starts its self over right before the fight making me do it again and im not sure on how to proceed. Is it because of the game version I have or something else?
I just checked the code and there is a quick_load script after the battle, which is causing the loop. I am stuck here as well

malcolm474

Dec 10, 2017
This is a good game, but why make fun of gamers who are struggling with it by calling them 'spectators', and why not allow gamers to replay portions of the game without penalizing them for failing to complete that portion successfully. I felt the developer cut out a large part his market by not giving them a way to advance the game.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
You are meant to struggle. If you don't like the struggle then it is not a game for you.

CloseCombat

Jun 23, 2022
The game will clearly tell you when you reach the optional room.
I did it. My game was bugged and I couldn't pick up the battery. I deleted everything and downloaded a fresh game file (this time the one that was independent of having rpgAce). I went through, got the batteries. Cleared chapter 2 :D

The game has been quite enjoyable so far, I just hope I don't get stuck again lmao.

CloseCombat

Jun 23, 2022
I had this issue. You need to keep retrying. I would, like anyone, press shift and run to door as fast as I can then spam "z" to exit.
I did it 3 times and the 3rd time was when I didn't get a fight encounter.

Michaelanidem

Aug 24, 2021
Well, Shrift 2 is supposedly going to drop later this month, still no announcement for Blackfox.

Shame. Was kinda hoping to see the hidden final boss before the year's end

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes