Poopsock3232

Aug 3, 2020
Anyone Else have trouble running the game first time? Says "Unable to find VL Gothic Font" Looked it up says its a common issue, having trouble finding a fix any tips?

Darksavior

Dec 2, 2018
I get the idea, but the first sword you get is trash. And all the time you spend using it, will cost you more (in a way). You could probably, have finished 1.5–2 fights with a gun, with the time it took, to finish 1 with the (first) sword. Provided you were able to win without much of a "hassle" with the sword. Should the lust be too high from the prolonged fight, you'd then need to rest/relax making it cost more time(/money). The later itterations of the sword is indeed good for magic users.

I understand it was a little confusing with the wording. I'd, however, be an idiot to suggest, that shotguns can't be upgraded. Being clearly evident in every workbench. They can't have mods/offhands, which offers so much utility.

I want to clarify, since you specifically said "you", when you replied to the message. I made the tips, as I didn't see them written anywhere and I thought them highly useful to new players. Investing in agility with your SP makes the world of a difference in most fights. I'm at the end of my run according to the walkthrough. I used the handgun all the way, with only a few exceptions. Using the most powerful weapons upon acquisition, will economically leave people in the rut. Possibly making people feel, they have to use an assist, to get back on track (there are other ways out, I know), baring them from the true end route. There wasn't anything about the bullet economy, so I thought I'd chime in with a few words.
I agree to this, its def more for magic users because they can use magic still. if you true mercied, or genocided first, new game plus or any new game after will support the sword. also you can get that sword upgrade early if you risked the 60 sec lampas room they tell you to skip, or defeat the dream ones for gems. Its designed for those brave to get sword upgraded early, on true mercy. you have to be good dodging tho. so its more of a risk/reward thing. its also why mother rabbit has the highest magic resist, would be too op

Reactions: Hajtand

Anarchistic

Apr 30, 2018
So how does clearing the corruption from the enemies in hell affect the ending? I'm aiming for True Pacifist, but I also wanted to get all the scenes so early on I have high corruption with Barghest. I don't want to clear it if it will affect the ending negatively, but spending every fight having to break out of from mating with it is annoying.

And if not the ending, how DOES clearing it affect the game?

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
So how does clearing the corruption from the enemies in hell affect the ending? I'm aiming for True Pacifist, but I also wanted to get all the scenes so early on I have high corruption with Barghest. I don't want to clear it if it will affect the ending negatively, but spending every fight having to break out of from mating with it is annoying.

And if not the ending, how DOES clearing it affect the game?
You can clear the corruption for free, when you get to 100 in relationship with a girl. A new command comes up in the options (talk, lewd, gift, etc.) where you can remove it all.

Anarchistic

Apr 30, 2018
You can clear the corruption for free, when you get to 100 in relationship with a girl. A new command comes up in the options (talk, lewd, gift, etc.) where you can remove it all.
Okay that's cool, but again, how does clearing it in hell affect the gameplay/ending? That's the one I'm worried about.

But good to know I can clear it with 100 relationship

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Okay that's cool, but again, how does clearing it in hell affect the gameplay/ending? That's the one I'm worried about.

But good to know I can clear it with 100 relationship
From what I understand. Using just once, bears you from the true route and leaves you on the normal pacifist route.

Ilya11111

Jul 1, 2018
From what I understand. Using just once, bears you from the true route and leaves you on the normal pacifist route.
Using hell assist do you ending less good: True Mercy -> Mercy(A and B in same time) -> Neutral A -> Neutral B - > Neutral C Genoside and Karmic can't be achived with this mechanic(maybe?). And i can't give centrain numbers of assist because i don't know them)

Ilya11111

Jul 1, 2018
How u get Akane to your room?
After battle with Akane go to room with abyss hole. In one of thorch places you can fing human key(or something like this). Go to the room with pink bed and find locked door to secret room. Get memory crystal and watch it in professor room. After that save game and select this chapter. Go to akane boss battle, listen some dialogue and fight real puppeter. End chapter and you open Akane.

csaja

Jul 11, 2017
After battle with Akane go to room with abyss hole. In one of thorch places you can fing human key(or something like this). Go to the room with pink bed and find locked door to secret room. Get memory crystal and watch it in professor room. After that save game and select this chapter. Go to akane boss battle, listen some dialogue and fight real puppeter. End chapter and you open Akane.
yeah i Figured that out but only after doing the dance-off with Nina T_T tnx anyway

Sep 11, 2020
SnipeRunner if you are writting about the one with the poison clouds. I consider that one of the hardest parts in this game. Use the lantern, find the safe spots, and learn the patterns of the clouds. The fights are insta-losses. Ignore the loot in the room. You can get it all easy peasy later.
I understand and I have finished the poison clouds room before, a few months ago. But I just don't want to do it.
Give me any fight in the game, but this, no, just no.

I would rather stare at a blank wall for 15 minutes, then play even 2 seconds of this horrible section.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
Anyone Else have trouble running the game first time? Says "Unable to find VL Gothic Font" Looked it up says its a common issue, having trouble finding a fix any tips?

I also searched it up and I realized the problem. You most likely don't have the font installed on your computer, typically when you compress a RPGmaker game within the program, there is a Font folder.

They're on the RPGmaker site somewhere but instead of making you look for them, here's a zip containing the fonts. All you have to do is put the folder inside your game directory and you should be able to run it, although if you'd like to avoid this issue in the future, you could just install the font to your computer. (I installed it a long time ago).

Hope this helps and have a good day!

csaja

Jul 11, 2017
ah well I am fucked pretty much i got level 5 to Daji or whatever her name and i cant buy the item that reduces lust to zero there goes my run T_T

DarkBobo

Dec 23, 2017
This game seemed nice at first glance but the shitty combat system and the horrid "gameplay" phases like chapter 1-2 with the poison clouds made me quit.

MGQ is not even in same league as this. Story seemed OK though, too bad.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
ah well I am fucked pretty much i got level 5 to Daji or whatever her name and i cant buy the item that reduces lust to zero there goes my run T_T
Just re-load the chapter from the save file and you are good to go, no need to throw away the run. I defeated her with a lvl 4 curse, so it should still be doable. The parasite things from the previous area are very easy to farm (once you get the hang of it) and they give 2k each. You should be able to get around 100k in ½-1 hour.

Darksavior

Dec 2, 2018
This game seemed nice at first glance but the shitty combat system and the horrid "gameplay" phases like chapter 1-2 with the poison clouds made me quit.

MGQ is not even in same league as this. Story seemed OK though, too bad.

Honestly the first chapter is punishing when you just start the game blind, with only that tutorial. Another issue is if you are a "normal only first run player" you get shit on more. They even give you a early powerup room but guess what, you have 60 secs, and you probably will skip it because of the first lampas room scarring you for life. It's even worse if you go mage first run blind. The game itself is like is Resident Evil 7 in terms of difficultly scaling. everything can rekt you early, mid game feels a little better , late game prepare your anus a bit, finale depends on your path.

I mean if I woke up 5 years later and some demon dogs was ready to eat my ass I'll probably be on genocide route 99%, not going lie. That 1% is only because I have a soft spot for dogs. Iron maiden probably going to kill my ass after tho.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Honestly the first chapter is punishing when you just start the game blind, with only that tutorial. Another issue is if you are a "normal only first run player" you get shit on more. They even give you a early powerup room but guess what, you have 60 secs, and you probably will skip it because of the first lampas room scarring you for life. It's even worse if you go mage first run blind. The game itself is like is Resident Evil 7 in terms of difficultly scaling. everything can rekt you early, mid game feels a little better , late game prepare your anus a bit, finale depends on your path.

I mean if I woke up 5 years later and some demon dogs was ready to eat my ass I'll probably be on genocide route 99%, not going lie. That 1% is only because I have a soft spot for dogs. Iron maiden probably going to kill my ass after tho.
The difficulty was, what made me want to clear the game :)

I almost gave up, when I got to the vent part with the pack of dogs in the start. I thought, I had done something wrong, so I went over everything before that part again and again... to no avail. I took a break from the game and got back to it and did a hail mary on the door.

Personally I'd probably be killed by the dog, if I was in his situation. I wouldn't exactly get an erection by the monstrocity, so I'd likely get mauled to death. Even if I had a gun, I don't think I'd be able to pull the trigger, on a doggo that was happy to see me. Even if it was an ugly one like in this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darksavior

HollowFs

Feb 16, 2020
does anyone know how you fight hecate EX2 i cant seem to encouter her or trigger it. only mormo and her deformed fight at the very end.

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes