Benun

Mar 31, 2022
why is it that when I first started playing the screen was dark like this. is it possible for me to download it in a compressed version?

okaymouse

Jan 19, 2022
I need help, I can't make friends with Echo, do I need to follow the order of reading the bomb notes?

I've watched this video several times. :(

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
Uh...I may not be getting everything about this combat system but am I essentially unable to level up if I don't kill demons?
Or does finishing them off not kill them and just mean I loose a bunch of friendship?

Because so far I have just let every demon go and I wonder whether that will mean that my char will be super weak.

LainHarth

Sep 23, 2018
Uh...I may not be getting everything about this combat system but am I essentially unable to level up if I don't kill demons?
Or does finishing them off not kill them and just mean I loose a bunch of friendship?

Because so far I have just let every demon go and I wonder whether that will mean that my char will be super weak.
The game is like Undertale, if you want a True Pacifist ending, you cant get exp.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020

Pretty much what LainHarth said, the game is effectively Sex Undertale. Yes, I am aware of how weird that sounds, but it's true.
Spare demons, then befriend them in My Room when the new chapter comes up, and that's how you power up in the Mercy route. Alternatively, just kill em and level up and that's how you power up in the Genocide route. Though, you're not allowed to go full Genocide your first playthrough, you need to actually finish one and start a new game in order to do it... for whatever fucking reason the dev decided that.

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
Pretty much what LainHarth said, the game is effectively Sex Undertale. Yes, I am aware of how weird that sounds, but it's true.
Spare demons, then befriend them in My Room when the new chapter comes up, and that's how you power up in the Mercy route. Alternatively, just kill em and level up and that's how you power up in the Genocide route. Though, you're not allowed to go full Genocide your first playthrough, you need to actually finish one and start a new game in order to do it... for whatever fucking reason the dev decided that.
Never played Undertale but seems I did well then. I suppose I can get by by spraying things with a machine gun.
Thanks for the advice everyone.

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
Also, wow does this game love to throw game endings at you. I really need to save way more often. Finally defeated the iron maiden only to be instagibbed because I wore the dog collar. I did not save before advancing because I figured I'd always to be able to go back.
rip me.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Oh, I was wondering: Is it normal that the right part of the text box is being cut off?
So far as I'm aware of, no. Hasn't happened to me though, and I haven't seen anyone else say something about that (or if I have I've forgotten), so I'm unaware of any fixes.
Also, wow does this game love to throw game endings at you. I really need to save way more often. Finally defeated the iron maiden only to be instagibbed because I wore the dog collar. I did not save before advancing because I figured I'd always to be able to go back.
rip me.
Well, not really. That's the only instant loss in main game content that isn't explicitly obvious. (there might be more in the EX scenarios after a finished true mercy run but I don't know for sure since I didn't finish them)
You probably should save fairly often though, the game's RNG can be quite bullshit sometimes, even on normal.

Also, just as a heads up, you should probably avoid posting more than once in a row. I'm unsure if it's against the rules or not but people tend to not like it, from what I've heard.

Reactions: geheim12347

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
So, sorry for spamming this thread...but I just got to the new area and the second living weapon challenged me to a dance off and said to go to the courtyard.
But I am not finding that god damn courtyard. I immediately found the way around to the shop...but no idea how to get to the courtyard. And I really wanna befriend the idol instead of just ignoring her (there seem to be a bunch of alternative paths which I am super confused about).

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
So, sorry for spamming this thread...but I just got to the new area and the second living weapon challenged me to a dance off and said to go to the courtyard.
But I am not finding that god damn courtyard. I immediately found the way around to the shop...but no idea how to get to the courtyard. And I really wanna befriend the idol instead of just ignoring her (there seem to be a bunch of alternative paths which I am super confused about).
There are no real alternate paths, either they'll be dead ends and make you backtrack or they'll lead to the same place the others would. Not sure which since I haven't played in a while, but the game's completely linear. The only fights you can really avoid are random encounters and traps.

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
Can someone give me a save file or data folder with a single neutral route completed?

I wanted to do genocide route from like 1 hour into the game, then that feeling was even more cemented after the self serving bullshit they tried to pull on me.
In one of the earlier posts i posted about a bug that happened after i completed my neutral route, advice didnt work so i just gave up and hoped i could forget about the game.
But i just couldn't idc how psychopathic thiss sounds but i want to kill every single girl in that game and see what actually happens!!!

The only reason i played this was cause someone on discord said it was like undertale and the only thing im interested is what kind of meta shit the game will pull cause im a sucker for anything meta even if it's extremly poorly executed

SomePerson009

Sep 28, 2021
Can someone give me a save file or data folder with a single neutral route completed?

I wanted to do genocide route from like 1 hour into the game, then that feeling was even more cemented after the self serving bullshit they tried to pull on me.
In one of the earlier posts i posted about a bug that happened after i completed my neutral route, advice didnt work so i just gave up and hoped i could forget about the game.
But i just couldn't idc how psychopathic thiss sounds but i want to kill every single girl in that game and see what actually happens!!!

The only reason i played this was cause someone on discord said it was like undertale and the only thing im interested is what kind of meta shit the game will pull cause im a sucker for anything meta even if it's extremly poorly executed
It would be more satisfying to fool them into making them think the MC is their friend and then betray them. Overall the whole Genocide route is a pitiful attempt at making you, the player himself, a bad person out of some petty grudge the dev has on players that believe some monsters are beyond redemption, not sure if you would enjoy it.

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
I know, but it's really just my pettiness at this point, and that's honestly enough for me

I really wish the guy who told me it was like undertale warned me it was also nowhere near as good as it

Will i enjoy it? No, probably not, im a pretty vanilla guy compared to the rest of this site so it'd be an understatement to say i hate most of the fetishes in the game, but i really just want to see what happens, even if if it's shit

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
I know, but it's really just my pettiness at this point, and that's honestly enough for me

I really wish the guy who told me it was like undertale warned me it was also nowhere near as good as it

Will i enjoy it? No, probably not, im a pretty vanilla guy compared to the rest of this site so it'd be an understatement to say i hate most of the fetishes in the game, but i really just want to see what happens, even if if it's shit
Well, allow me to paraphrase one of my earlier messages:
I firmly believe that SHRIFT is a great game... until you actually pay attention to the plot, then it makes zero sense and fucking sucks.

The genocide route is shit because somehow the role of bad guy is foisted onto you when it's explicitly stated that the demons kill people by raping them and stealing their souls, and the true mercy route is shit because you're somehow expected to just... be fine with that? give them a pat on the back and say "hey i know you've killed a shit ton of people by consuming their fucking soul but it's cool let's be friends : )"? how? or rather, why? what, because you can fuck them? seriously, there's no logical explanation given.

and as for what happens:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There you go, if you want to read that and spare yourself the wasted time, go ahead.

Reactions: bwardyunbip

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
Well, allow me to paraphrase one of my earlier messages:
I firmly believe that SHRIFT is a great game... until you actually pay attention to the plot, then it makes zero sense and fucking sucks.

The genocide route is shit because somehow the role of bad guy is foisted onto you when it's explicitly stated that the demons kill people by raping them and stealing their souls, and the true mercy route is shit because you're somehow expected to just... be fine with that? give them a pat on the back and say "hey i know you've killed a shit ton of people by consuming their fucking soul but it's cool let's be friends : )"? how? or rather, why? what, because you can fuck them? seriously, there's no logical explanation given.

and as for what happens:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There you go, if you want to read that and spare yourself the wasted time, go ahead.

What about the old guy and his successor? or the afterlife room? No plot points about that?
Or anything about kazuya? Since he was made out to be 'le destined protganoist'

I'm just gonna use mtool to speedrun the game, i don't think ill be able to be satisfied with a plot synopsis

SomePerson009

Sep 28, 2021
Yeah that's pretty much the game, the gameplay is good, but the plot is just terrible. It's worse when you know the dev gets offended at the outright idea of people supporting (and rightfully so) genocide, because God forbid that people make their own opinions of a game and its characters. Take MGQ for example, it managed to have a coherent plot, unlike this one.

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
Yeah that's pretty much the game, the gameplay is good, but the plot is just terrible. It's worse when you know the dev gets offended at the outright idea of people supporting (and rightfully so) genocide, because God forbid that people make their own opinions of a game and its characters. Take MGQ for example, it managed to have a coherent plot, unlike this one.
Comparing anything with mgq is unfair...

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes