geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
Yeah that's pretty much the game, the gameplay is good, but the plot is just terrible. It's worse when you know the dev gets offended at the outright idea of people supporting (and rightfully so) genocide, because God forbid that people make their own opinions of a game and its characters. Take MGQ for example, it managed to have a coherent plot, unlike this one.
Okay, so I am entirely uninterested in the whole genocide thing in any case but allowing players to commit genocide and then getting angry that someone takes that option is genuinely funny. Like, they didn't have to put that into the game.
But yeah, I am mainly here for the gameplay and monster girls while just accepting everything the plot throws at me at surface value. Even like that the thing throws me for a loop sometimes but it's a pretty enjoyable trip.

There are no real alternate paths, either they'll be dead ends and make you backtrack or they'll lead to the same place the others would. Not sure which since I haven't played in a while, but the game's completely linear. The only fights you can really avoid are random encounters and traps.
Ah, okay. It just always sounded like there was a second path. Guess the game succesfully fooled me, lol.

SomePerson009

Sep 28, 2021
Okay, so I am entirely uninterested in the whole genocide thing in any case but allowing players to commit genocide and then getting angry that someone takes that option is genuinely funny. Like, they didn't have to put that into the game.
But yeah, I am mainly here for the gameplay and monster girls while just accepting everything the plot throws at me at surface value. Even like that the thing throws me for a loop sometimes but it's a pretty enjoyable trip.

Ah, okay. It just always sounded like there was a second path. Guess the game succesfully fooled me, lol.
Yeah like, why even bother making it an option if you are bothered by players "murdering your precious characters"? At this point, he is just asking to get angry for the sake of it.

IFortheGloryn

Feb 2, 2020
Yeah that's pretty much the game, the gameplay is good, but the plot is just terrible. It's worse when you know the dev gets offended at the outright idea of people supporting (and rightfully so) genocide, because God forbid that people make their own opinions of a game and its characters. Take MGQ for example, it managed to have a coherent plot, unlike this one.
look the idea behind of genocide route is not "you can't do it" but actually is "you don't want to do it", I mean you have a lot of reason not to get this path, like:some of the enemies have good reason or were good inside,your game gonna crash and everyone will get a really bad ending, so why would anyone suport this just because of freedom?
even if you think that your enemy is a bad guy destroy the whole world just because you want to stop him doesn't make you a good person.

SomePerson009

Sep 28, 2021
look the idea behind of genocide route is not "you can't do it" but actually is "you don't want to do it", I mean you have a lot of reason not to get this path, like:some of the enemies have good reason or were good inside,your game gonna crash and everyone will get a really bad ending, so why would anyone suport this just because of freedom?
even if you think that your enemy is a bad guy destroy the whole world just because you want to stop him doesn't make you a good person.
But that's the issue. You either destroy the world because of what lurks inside Kazuya or let unrepentant monsters get away with all the bad stuff they have done and WILL continue to do in the future. All because the dev couldn't think of a coherent story that could address this very issue. Why give the option in the first place if you are going to demonize the player for formulating his own subjective opinion on a dilemma? I think it's very dishonest. Keep in mind that all of this was done because a decent amount of the playerbase supported the genocide of monsters and the dev felt it was a personal attack on his work. As many people mentioned, the game is pretty good, it gets the monster genre right but let's not pretend like the plot was worth praising. The plot is just terrible and at least felt like something that needed to be revised.

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020

Why? Because it's our choice
First time players, who literally know nothing about the game, observe what was shown, and what was that?
Several messages, notes and logs, from soldiers BEGGING for their lives, writing their last words to their loved ones, not a single one of them has anything good about what mg are doing.

And as for what doing the genocide route does to kazuya and the world (still dont understand that), how the fuck am i supposed to know that? I only downloaded this game for the first time, i played it for the first time, so how am i supposed to know that are 'the chosen one' protaganist is actually some eldrich god that destroys the world or whatever.

We lack the knowledge, and we are shown that the mg ARE. BLOOD. THIRSTY.

I don't care that they're being controlled, or that they don't know anything, or are following orders, they are fighting with lethal force, so the answer should be lethal force.
Otherwise, they will keep coming back, over and over again until you decide to 'save' the blood thirsty monsters that are attacking you, or kill every single one of them until they stop coming.

Jan 8, 2018
Keep in mind that all of this was done because a decent amount of the playerbase supported the genocide of monsters and the dev felt it was a personal attack on his work.
From what I remember that was the changes to the progression, not the actual storyline itself. There was always a matter of True Mercy being, well, true mercy.

SomePerson009

Sep 28, 2021
From what I remember that was the changes to the progression, not the actual storyline itself. There was always a matter of True Mercy being, well, true mercy.
EX4 was basically an entire story about how some "Interveners" (Players) are evil people that made Kazuya suffer the equivalent of hell for controlling him and letting him slaughter demons. So yes he integrated that whole thing into the storyline itself.

Cakei

Aug 30, 2017
A sweet sweet talk here.
That why my favorite ending is neutral ending 2.
Kazuya still fight with the monster and he still herself without the chose one thing.

Reactions: bwardyunbip

LordofWTF

Sep 9, 2021
anyone here got a debug tool for shrift that i can screw around with? i already beat ex4 and filled my monster entry to 100% now im awaiting the black kitsune fox also if i must ask is there anymore codes for the roast chicken
thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
anyone here got a debug tool for shrift that i can screw around with? i already beat ex4 and filled my monster entry to 100% now im awaiting the black kitsune fox also if i must ask is there anymore codes for the roast chicken
thanks in advance.
You can use mtool, incredibly simple and offers everything you could need
But make sure to save your data before using cause i had a case of it corrupting my game

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
Is there a way to unlock the merchant? I thought I was gonna get her after I replayed chapter 3 to get her but after defeating Titanaboa she still isn't there...

diclo

Dec 6, 2020
whats the difference between v8.06 and v7.02 (t2.14)? I see that the DL is now 8.06 (though another link would be appreciated as those keep automatically redirecting me to other sites) but i dont see anything in the thread changelog and the 'update date' is old

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
whats the difference between v8.06 and v7.02 (t2.14)? I see that the DL is now 8.06 (though another link would be appreciated as those keep automatically redirecting me to other sites) but i dont see anything in the thread changelog and the 'update date' is old
-EX4 was added and translated, the rest of the EX-s were translated
-DLCs were translated I believe
-Genocide route was made impossible without cheating (actually, if i could make a request, could you upload and share v7.02? would be cool of you, since I don't have it anymore)
Pretty sure that's about it

Restia985

Jan 14, 2018
-EX4 was added and translated, the rest of the EX-s were translated
-DLCs were translated I believe
-Genocide route was made impossible without cheating (actually, if i could make a request, could you upload and share v7.02? would be cool of you, since I don't have it anymore)
Pretty sure that's about it
Wait, if you cheat to complete it does anything actually happen or does the game just break lol?

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Wait, if you cheat to complete it does anything actually happen or does the game just break lol?
If you cheat to complete it, I'm fairly sure you still have the options that were there before, either taking the boss' hand and getting the Pardon ending or finishing the boss off and getting the Genocide ending. Unsure though as I haven't done it myself, never felt it was important enough for me to bother replaying the route again.

Restia985

Jan 14, 2018
If you cheat to complete it, I'm fairly sure you still have the options that were there before, either taking the boss' hand and getting the Pardon ending or finishing the boss off and getting the Genocide ending. Unsure though as I haven't done it myself, never felt it was important enough for me to bother replaying the route again.
Ah, I see. thank you!

xXLost

Nov 23, 2021
what do i have to do to fight the giant sphinx, i'm at the ex 3 and I can't find a way to fight her can someone help me please

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes