TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
So, a little update.
Game seems pretty fun, but it really is damn diffucult and gimmicky, i reached mantis girl now, i'm playing on recommended difficulty, but gameplay often feels random and frustrating. I hope game gets better afterwards.
And also, i didn't kill anyone, so i guess that's why i have first level. On genocide route game probably feels easier, if i understand correctly.

Could anyone give me some tips for the mantis boss fight, by the way? Is it even possible to beat her if i run out of energy drinks and bandages, with no way to earn money?
Rank your bond up with the demons in My Room. Once you get your bond to 25 (which is the base it should be at anyways) you'll get access to the Bronze Box (though some will only give a Memento), allowing you to re-fight them to easily grind money. Once you get your bond to 50, you'll get access to (usually) an accessory or piece of equipment. Once you get your bond to 100, you'll get 10 SP except for the final boss who gives you 50 SP. You can also get SP and money from filling out the compendium and checking the chests at the top of the compendium room in Hell's Gate.

For the Empuse boss fight, uh... Cool Calm and last I recall she's strong against guns, so use the ring that recovers the resource you use to cast magic, I can't remember whether it's willpower or vitality right now and spam magic at her. Evasive stance if her eyes glow red, and struggling free will give you a free turn or two where she can't act.

Jan 5, 2021
Rank your bond up with the demons in My Room. Once you get your bond to 25 (which is the base it should be at anyways) you'll get access to the Bronze Box (though some will only give a Memento), allowing you to re-fight them to easily grind money. Once you get your bond to 50, you'll get access to (usually) an accessory or piece of equipment. Once you get your bond to 100, you'll get 10 SP except for the final boss who gives you 50 SP. You can also get SP and money from filling out the compendium and checking the chests at the top of the compendium room in Hell's Gate.

For the Empuse boss fight, uh... Cool Calm and last I recall she's strong against guns, so use the ring that recovers the resource you use to cast magic, I can't remember whether it's willpower or vitality right now and spam magic at her. Evasive stance if her eyes glow red, and struggling free will give you a free turn or two where she can't act.

Thanks mate!
Farmed some SP and managed to easily beat Empuse with max lvl lightning spell.

• Red Heart
Reactions: bwardyunbip

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
So, a little update.
Game seems pretty fun, but it really is damn diffucult and gimmicky, i reached mantis girl now, i'm playing on recommended difficulty, but gameplay often feels random and frustrating. I hope game gets better afterwards.
And also, i didn't kill anyone, so i guess that's why i have first level. On genocide route game probably feels easier, if i understand correctly.

Could anyone give me some tips for the mantis boss fight, by the way? Is it even possible to beat her if i run out of energy drinks and bandages, with no way to earn money?
Genocide is easier than True Mercy only on short ways. On the long way is better doing True Mercy (specially after Genocide update).

For Empuse fight: She's resistant to physical damage (guns) but vulnerable to fire magic, so I recommend going for max fire magic strategy. Evasive wind magic helps, too, as all her attacks are physical and you get a chance to avoid being hit. If so, I recommend balance between fire and wind magic.
Also, she can inflict bleeding but it could be prevented with an accessory if I recall it correctly (additionally, bandages cure bleeding status). If her eyes glow red and her chest claws open a bit, take an evasive stance (as she is preparing to grab you) until she returns to normal. If she grabs you, you must kick her until she lets you free (usually three kicks), then she'll get stunned for 1-2 turns.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
It's not bullshit at all, and i dont really have a problem with the game's difficulty, it's been pretty normal, mgq on hard was a far worse nightmare
But i think it's fairly reasonable for me to be pissed off, when to no fault of my own the game wont even let me play it

Being a whiny child over a personal problem and judging the game as a whole for a problem happening to you is def "bullshit", if a lot more people had the same error as you, sure you could legitimately call it bullshit.

Most complaints on here are all kinds of different errors. They didn't childishly rage when they got said error though, they tried to figure out the issue first.

UmekoMashimi

Sep 18, 2021
It's not bullshit at all, and i dont really have a problem with the game's difficulty, it's been pretty normal, mgq on hard was a far worse nightmare
But i think it's fairly reasonable for me to be pissed off, when to no fault of my own the game wont even let me play it
You can be angry but this is not a triple A and being honest here some of us not buy the game because $$ issues so,you can say the fails of course but try be more calm please

Jan 5, 2021
For Empuse fight: She's resistant to physical damage (guns) but vulnerable to fire magic
Not fire, but lightning magic, learned that via monster compendium.
Two shot her with max lvl lightning spell, i guess the game isn't as hard when you know what you're doing

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
Being a whiny child over a personal problem and judging the game as a whole for a problem happening to you is def "bullshit", if a lot more people had the same error as you, sure you could legitimately call it bullshit.

Most complaints on here are all kinds of different errors. They didn't childishly rage when they got said error though, they tried to figure out the issue first.
Christ what is with the combativeness
It's like i personally insulted someone in this thread, which i didnt do
This game is no marvel people claim it is
I've already looked for the same error in this thread and nobody helped that guy either and to others with the same problem
Goodbye and good luck with any newbies with this game

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Christ what is with the combativeness
It's like i personally insulted someone in this thread, which i didnt do
This game is no marvel people claim it is
I've already looked for the same error in this thread and nobody helped that guy either and to others with the same problem
Goodbye and good luck with any newbies with this game

Buddy, you off the bat come into the thread, bitching about a personal problem not a widespread one and shit on the game while you're at it because of said problem, you are the one who is being "combative". Non-wide spread errors are not something easily fixed most of the time, because they are something specific/unique on said user's end, which may be outside the game and something with their computer it self.

Looking through your posts, it's sounding like because you cheated, aka messing with stuff in the game's code, which *gasp has a high chance of breaking the game if you don't know what you're doing.

Goodbye, be better.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021
So, i just beat second chapter.
I only have idol Nina in "My room", how do i get catgirls and mommy rabbit there?

Edit: I figured out Mukuro, still don't know about others tho

Last edited:

UmekoMashimi

Sep 18, 2021
So, i just beat second chapter.
I only have idol Nina in "My room", how do i get catgirls and mommy rabbit there?

Edit: I figured out Mukuro, still don't know about others tho
Only Nina? You know to unlock all girls?

For Doggy you need use bandages in her "wound"

Lappas is put our her fire from Hecate

For Mother Rabbit is when you end the Key thing and you see Kazuya looking left,go where the "graves" are and you see a scene of some lore (spoiler)

For Catgirls or Haru and Liz ,when you can choose the key or reward choose reward (If you have 100 affection with Lucy(or iron maiden) when you need to pay to hyakki for take of the seal Lucydo it for free,if you need help go o page 15 of this post,there is a better guide for True Mercy Guide to he EX1-3 scenarios ;)

Hi and welcome

Jan 5, 2021
Only Nina? You know to unlock all girls?

For Doggy you need use bandages in her "wound"

Lappas is put our her fire from Hecate

For Mother Rabbit is when you end the Key thing and you see Kazuya looking left,go where the "graves" are and you see a scene of some lore (spoiler)

For Catgirls or Haru and Liz ,when you can choose the key or reward choose reward (If you have 100 affection with Lucy(or iron maiden) when you need to pay to hyakki for take of the seal Lucydo it for free,if you need help go o page 15 of this post,there is a better guide for True Mercy Guide to he EX1-3 scenarios ;)

Hi and welcome

Thanks, i meant how to recruit girls from Chapter 2, i got all girls from Chapter 1 first try

UmekoMashimi

Sep 18, 2021
How to unlock the cat beggars (Haru & Liz)
lower gun
buy two steak bento
ask for reward
they ask for drinks, instead meet the oni merchant to the right.
the merchant will charge you $500 for pulling it out.
if you maxed iron maiden affection, she will appear just in time to help you (for free), remember to pay her a visit later
drink 2 energy drinks and confront the cat beggars
struggle violently 3 times.

unlocking MR
backtrack a little, go north inside the building with the resting room, and exit to the left
Thanks, i meant how to recruit girls from Chapter 2, i got all girls from Chapter 1 first try

or go here
https://f95zone.to/threads/shrift-v8-06-devils-office.67613/page-15 you can see a guide here

Reactions: Urgle

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
Is there any way to cheat past the lampas room to get the battery? I literally can't get to the ladder without being grabbed at least twice and sometimes I'll get instakilled in the first grab. I don't have the patience for perfect precision, timed platforming in RPG Maker games (which control like garbage in the first place).

Even tried cheating max SP to fully upgrade myself and that makes 0 difference since that section entirely relies on not being grabbed at all. Is there an item I can cheat in that removes status effects?

bwardyunbip

Dec 15, 2019
Is there any way to cheat past the lampas room to get the battery? I literally can't get to the ladder without being grabbed at least twice and sometimes I'll get instakilled in the first grab. I don't have the patience for perfect precision, timed platforming in RPG Maker games (which control like garbage in the first place).

Even tried cheating max SP to fully upgrade myself and that makes 0 difference since that section entirely relies on not being grabbed at all. Is there an item I can cheat in that removes status effects?
Git gud scrub

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
Git gud scrub
I got pretty far into the game when I first played it forever ago but nowadays I think I've gotten to the point in my life where I have no interest in dealing with unfun bs in things that I do in my free time for enjoyment.

Anyways, I wound up just editing the maps and deleting all the pink gasses and footsteps. Much better experience that way.

Cifalem

Sep 24, 2018
Anyways, I wound up just editing the maps and deleting all the pink gasses and footsteps. Much better experience that way.
bro how bad are you at just navigating a timing puzzle? this isn't even a "unfun" thing, you're just lazy in a dumb way hahahaha. It genuinely takes a lot more effort editing the map than to just navigating the traps and lust-balls. Took me 2 attempts maximum

UmekoMashimi

Sep 18, 2021
Chill if he likes like that is okay but yeah,saying that is unfun is harsh for me i get patience and do it in 1 go,when you now how is easy like Dark Souls,they are not hard only need a calm mind

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes