Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
Thank you so much man, it means a lot despite that I'm doing simple edits. And any cringe dialog I'll remove later on if it's considered so.

Currently working on the dialogues for Echo and Sphinx, but I'm not much satisfied with the Mukuro dialogues I added. I tried approaching that on a morally grey area and didn't felt that I've made a good job, so I'll change that later.

Though with Sphinx I'm really struggling as she comes off almost as sympathetic as Mukuro, yet she has to die for something later on. Fingers crossed everyone, thanks for the support and I'll do as best as I can for this mod.
Can I suggest something? For Sphinx on geno you dont realy need to change much. Geno Kazuya was more then ok just sparing Sphinx, but it was her who threw herself into the battle. A perfect encounter imo would be when she tries her usual routine (the silly, you shall not pass) on G Kazu and he just wants to pass her. But she goes on and only too late realize she pissed off someone she realy should not. Just a thought.

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
I still feel like the dev should have given the monster girls more of a "neutral" morality if they wanted to get people to play non-genocide and have that be the bad ending. I played true mercy cuz that's just what crpgs have kinda taught me but I feel like the monster girls were all too apathetic or evil about the carnage they unleashed.
Your first point is a good idea.
I'm pretty sure it IS a marrige thing, just not in our human sense, i mean, lampas litteraly fuse with you, barghest are just dogs in heat, echo litteraly wants to 'love' you. Mother rabbit is a sort of inbetween because it isnt really marrige but parental affection. Mukuro is similar aswell, i'm not sure how much she loves you but her obessions is rooted in her own loneliness, rather than love towards you, but still close enough.
This alone doesn't fix anything, just because they like you wouldn't excuse what they do.
But as you said, then comes along the element of them being able to materialize the souls they claim.
This would completely eliminate alot of issues with what they're doing, it would very likely STILL be rape, but it actually makes the circumstances of their "killings" murky, did the men who "Died" give their consent? Were they coerced? There would likely be many who wouldn't, there might be some who do under coercion of their own free will.
This cartaintly opens the door to coexistence. (Even though the demons are invaders who shouldn't be in the human world in the first place)
It improves the demon's track record, but doesn't really erase it, rape is still a crime lol, not to mention the actual flesh eating ones.

Your second point is very bad, like really bad.
Trauma doesnt justify anything, absolutely nothing, you killed innocent people and that's a fact, whatever you experienced at the hands of x thing doesnt justify anything that you do.
But it does make actions more coherent, rather than a simple "i just wanna milk dudes" motive, but given that the demons are the invaders, it doesnt really make sense that their trauma (very likely caussed in the demon realm, which humans had nothing to do with) would justify your actions.
For someone like Camazotz, putting loneliness aside cause that doesnt change anything, their short life spans gives meaning to their madness, which may be able to rule out the fact they arent openly malicious, but their actions stay the same

Your 3rd point would never work, unless the mental age of every girl regressed to childhood
The concept of death can sometimes be undersstood by older kids, and almost guranteed by teenagers even without explanation, so it can't proerly be implemented without being forced.

You did good in trying to improve the very shitty moral compass of the game while still sticking to the original premise, but in my mind, i would still do the geno route without question.
Ignorance and trauma doesnt absolve you of any crime, it's still manslaughter at best, and even with the first point, you still DIE and likely get raped, only to be materialized again by your killer, that's not a good scenario to live in at all, i doubt anyone would actually be happy like that, sure, you can keep living, but like daji said, yuuma still has to fulfil his duties as a summoned creature, and she said that like he should be thankful or something, even though we didnt blast her into nonexistence and she just killed yuuma.
You NEED to keep going
DEMONS WILL try to stop you
Doing so results in your DEATH
and with the addition of point 1
They may or may not let you live again if they like you
You see how this looks like? in some ways, it's even worse than the original game lol.
The game needs to be completely rewritten at the base for geno route to actually be a villanous route, otherwise, it just doesnt work

Reactions: bwardyunbip

JadedKnight

Nov 12, 2021
Got another update on the mod, about to test the Echo and Sphinx sections to see if what needs to be fixed. But I will showcase the new dialogue for Mukuro on the attached files, gonna skip showcasing Echo's and Sphinx's new dialogues (I didn't change much for Nina and Sphinx anyway). Next showcase will be Arachne's nest, still don't feel like I did a good job on Mukuro's new dialogues. Let me know if it needs to be changed.

Let me say, Arachne's nest will be where a major change to the route will be introduced and a new condition to continue Geno-EX. So major that it will influence the motivation for the later DLC areas in the nest, will be testing the changes I made and work on adding the major changes in Arachne's nest.

Last edited:

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
Got another update on the mod, about to test the Echo and Sphinx sections to see if what needs to be fixed. But I will showcase the new dialogue for Mukuro on the attached files, gonna skip showcasing Echo's and Sphinx's new dialogues (I didn't change much for Nina and Sphinx anyway). Next showcase will be Arachne's nest, still don't feel like I did a good job on Mukuro's new dialogues. Let me know if it needs to be changed.

Let me say, Arachne's nest will be where a major change to the route will be introduced and a new condition to continue Geno-EX. So major that it will influence the motivation for the later DLC areas in the nest, will be testing the changes I made and work on adding the major changes in Arachne's nest.
How are you holding up with development? Things working out for you?
Curious what you'll do with Arachne, her being self aware for apperently no reason always kinda irked me

JadedKnight

Nov 12, 2021
How are you holding up with development? Things working out for you?
I guess it's holding up okay so far, I'm not an expert nor an artist. So I gotta work with what the game has while putting in new dialogue that fits into the game's universe as much as possible, though this is the easy part in comparison to what I gotta do post-Daji and Hyakki.

I just do this for fun and feeling bitter with how geno players get shafted by the game's one-sided morality. but mainly fun. Plus to see if it could be done or if I could pull it off.

Curious what you'll do with Arachne, her being self aware for apperently no reason always kinda irked me
And her being self aware without knowing how much the world around them has really changed, that will set off an unexpected chain of events that will bite her and those of her kind in the ass hard.

JadedKnight

Nov 12, 2021
I wanted to showcase the nest, but the videos always too big and sadly I can't show it. So as a compromise, tell me what other parts I should showcase before sharing the demo while I work with the Micah and Camazotz sections.

I feel guilty for showing so much and yet not having a playable demo to distribute, but I will share the Data folder for the mod to be played soon. Currently I'm at Chapter 4 and very close to the EX content, I'll share the mod once I'm done reworking "that" fight in this mod. You know the one.

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
I wanted to showcase the nest, but the videos always too big and sadly I can't show it. So as a compromise, tell me what other parts I should showcase before sharing the demo while I work with the Micah and Camazotz sections.

I feel guilty for showing so much and yet not having a playable demo to distribute, but I will share the Data folder for the mod to be played soon. Currently I'm at Chapter 4 and very close to the EX content, I'll share the mod once I'm done reworking "that" fight in this mod. You know the one.
I'd like to see Nina, cause she's the one to hit you with the "werent you protecting humanity?" when 2 guys literally tried to kill you
I got so pissed off i couldn't respond how i would've
also mother rabbit, she's one of the least justifiable killings overall, so curious how you did that

Oh and side note, how edgy is kazuya? did you remove that aspect altogether? altough he was sorta right sometimes, seeing him so cringe worthy really annoyed me

No worries man, no one wats to put you on a deadline lol, keep working at a comfortable pace

Spoodershark

Jul 1, 2020
Hey, Im new to Rpg maker games and it is saying I need to have RPGVXAce RTP to run it. Am I doing something wrong or something?

JadedKnight

Nov 12, 2021
In my tweaking of Hyakki's fight on the geno route, I discovered something quite peculiar. Checking her stats and comparing them to Daji's stats. Daji's attack and magic attack stats are at 150, you wanna know at how much are Hyakki's attack and magic stats?

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
In my tweaking of Hyakki's fight on the geno route, I discovered something quite peculiar. Checking her stats and comparing them to Daji's stats. Daji's attack and magic attack stats are at 150, you wanna know at how much are Hyakki's attack and magic stats?

Only that? I wonder how she tears through my hp so much despite maxing out my stats

JadedKnight

Nov 12, 2021
Only that? I wonder how she tears through my hp so much despite maxing out my stats
It seems that at 600 physical attack and magic attack is more than enough to tear through even max stats players, so maybe that's why she still does that much damage.

Also guaranteed 2 actions per turn and a 50% chance of getting a 3rd action per turn.

Mopp96

Mar 1, 2021
Oh, I can't play on joiplay in english?
the version 8.06 without dlc works in english, with dlc in japanese.

Last edited:

JadedKnight

Nov 12, 2021
Here's the Geno EX mod demo that covers all 4 chapters of the base game, kinda sick of of tweaking and playtesting it myself. Any problems or bugs you all found I will (try to) fix later, wanna take a little break from working on this.

Drop it in the data folder within Gaijinizer and Game_en then overwrite it. Otherwise it won't work.

Reactions: ccccccccccc

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
Here's the Geno EX mod demo that covers all 4 chapters of the base game, kinda sick of of tweaking and playtesting it myself. Any problems or bugs you all found I will (try to) fix later, wanna take a little break from working on this.

Drop it in the data folder within Gaijinizer and Game_en then overwrite it. Otherwise it won't work.
Oh boy i guess it's time for shrift again

JadedKnight

Nov 12, 2021
Oh boy i guess it's time for shrift again
Check the alley after drinking the magic potion from the shop and Arachne's nest, otherwise you'd be stuck in either the neutral or regular geno route in the first playthrough.

Though that latter one might be a big pro to some.

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018

When exacly will I see changes? I wanna know to check if mod is working properly.

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes