da jungler

Jan 8, 2019
So if you lose to a demon you start getting corruption, and once you have corruption there are only 4 ways to get rid of it. The corruption lasts across saves and playthroughs unless you do one of these options below. I should note this can also happen if you start slaughtering the dogs but is less likely and just means you need to kill them all until they stop showing up.
1. beat the demon and let it go reduces the corruption level by 1 (hard to do at high corruption but you do have infinite tries also doesn't affect your ending if you let every single one of them go).
2. if you've unlocked the friendly demon of whatever corruption get her friendship to 100 and ask for her to cleanse your corruption (no need to worry about this method affecting your endings).
3. ask for help from the hell people (the ghost and his secretary). Warning this does lock you out of more pacifist endings.
4. Delete all your save data and the PublicData.rvdata2 in the base folder (note this will make you lose all progress on everything but can also be used to reset if you've done a genocide run). This option is probably the fastest if you want to do a pacifist run and are only at the demon dog stage since it is the first stage of the game.
Say, this is my first play, and I'm at a fence to juggle between pacifist or genocide. So which one should I do first? Also if I do go to pacifist route do I not get to kill anyone and just maintain lvl 1 throughout the game?

Edit: How do I even know they like me now?

Last edited:

doomgal

Jul 2, 2018
Say, this is my first play, and I'm at a fence to juggle between pacifist or genocide. So which one should I do first? Also if I do go to pacifist route do I not get to kill anyone and just maintain lvl 1 throughout the game?
Honestly, I like the demon girls here so much I'd recommend doing the genocide route first, and then wiping the data as in method 4 from my post before and then doing a pacifist run. Since, I had a hard time doing a genocide run after doing a pacifist run. If you just want to enjoy cuteness and cuddliness I'd say do a pacifist run and then do a newgame+ with the pacifist run bonuses.

That being said, there are two special endings that can only be obtained by doing a pacifist run and then doing a genocide run so if you want to see those endings you will need to do a pacifist run 1st. (After you beat the game there is a method to start a new game without newgame+ stuff)

If you do go the route of doing a pacifist run you will have to stay at lvl 1 the entire game (don't worry seeing scenes and befriending the demon girls does give you SP just like if you were leveling up), use no assistance from Hell (the ghost and his secretary), no killing, and there are a few times where you have to use chapter select to go back and redo a section with new information that you got from later on in the game. Example: There's a boss you kill that afterwards you find out the truth and have to go back and re-confront her and fight the real boss instead. There should be a walkthrough somewhere through this thread that tells you how to do a pacifist run if you want a walkthrough.

da jungler

Jan 8, 2019
How the hell can you get pass without getting caught by lampas at the dark room??! And the escape mechanism takes too long to unbind! I thought I'm playing easy mode...

Kratmann

Aug 3, 2020
How the hell can you get pass without getting caught by lampas at the dark room??! And the escape mechanism takes too long to unbind! I thought I'm playing easy mode...
Very carefully. You can afford to get caught once or twice.

Jan 8, 2018
For what it's worth, if I remember right the clouds only can hit you while they're moving away from their Lampas. Maybe also at the end of their range. I don't remember having much trouble once I learned that.

Kratmann

Aug 3, 2020
I keep getting an error when I try to open the game, apparently an audio file is missing. What do?

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
I keep getting an error when I try to open the game, apparently an audio file is missing. What do?
Troubleshooting;

- Are you on a Japanese Locale or using Locale Emulator?
> If No, Then do so.
- Did all the files extract correctly?
> Re-download the game and extract while making sure your AV doesn't delete anything.
- While checking the files, is the file there but not being detected by the game?
> There might be an issue with the game itself, redownload to see if it fixes the problem.

I can upload the audio file you're missing and see if it works but this was a problem that appears every so often, I used to have a zip with some of the game's more common audio files to mitigate any issues but I sadly deleted it recently in a monthly hard drive wipe.

If you have any other questions, then let me know and I'll do my best to respond quickly and to the best of my ability.

Hope you have an amazing day/night, may you stay safe and your needs fulfilled.

Till next time.

Kratmann

Aug 3, 2020
Troubleshooting;

- Are you on a Japanese Locale or using Locale Emulator?
> If No, Then do so.
- Did all the files extract correctly?
> Re-download the game and extract while making sure your AV doesn't delete anything.
- While checking the files, is the file there but not being detected by the game?
> There might be an issue with the game itself, redownload to see if it fixes the problem.

I can upload the audio file you're missing and see if it works but this was a problem that appears every so often, I used to have a zip with some of the game's more common audio files to mitigate any issues but I sadly deleted it recently in a monthly hard drive wipe.

If you have any other questions, then let me know and I'll do my best to respond quickly and to the best of my ability.

Hope you have an amazing day/night, may you stay safe and your needs fulfilled.

Till next time.
File missing is called "Hushuu", it is still in the BGM when I checked so I don't know what's up.

BTW the file is the music that plays when you start the game with the hands grabbing onto K's arm.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
File missing is called "Hushuu", it is still in the BGM when I checked so I don't know what's up.

BTW the file is the music that plays when you start the game with the hands grabbing onto K's arm.
Here's the file, make sure to put it in the bgm folder, if it asks for anymore audio files, then you might need to redownload the game completely.

I'm not sure which version of the game that's linked in OP but I posted a copy of Ver. 7.2 in one of my previous post for anyone who is interested. Due to the latest patch requiring 7.2 to work. My profile has a post linking to the games I found.

Either way, I do hope this fixes your issue if only a bit. Hope you have a good day/night and stay safe!

Till next time.

Wildor567

Feb 10, 2020
Guys, I need help. I still haven't been able to figure out how to recruit Titanoboa. I kept trying to follow the suggestions, but I cannot, for the life of me, find that stupid device that will help me fight her for real.

Hhhhhhshshsnz

Jul 29, 2020
Guys, I need help. I still haven't been able to figure out how to recruit Titanoboa. I kept trying to follow the suggestions, but I cannot, for the life of me, find that stupid device that will help me fight her for real.
Beat sphynx -> Go back to the tent and make a new save file -> Continue your current save file until you reach snek and shit goes down -> load that new save file -> Go to the tent where hyakki is (the tent where Echo first attacks you -> There will be new option about device -> Buy device and replay the whole thing up to snek. This time it'll be different

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
Beat sphynx -> Go back to the tent and make a new save file -> Continue your current save file until you reach snek and shit goes down -> load that new save file -> Go to the tent where hyakki is (the tent where Echo first attacks you -> There will be new option about device -> Buy device and replay the whole thing up to snek. This time it'll be different
that's the part where the mc goes back in time to buy the grenade the oni girl would use to blow herself up with:sneaky:
really good story writing there:LOL:

Wildor567

Feb 10, 2020
Ugh. Why does it have to be so complicated? DX Also, Why does it have to be a seperate save file???

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
Ugh. Why does it have to be so complicated? DX Also, Why does it have to be a seperate save file???
The reason being it's easier to switch back (in my opinion and mentioned in the guide), especially since Sphinx happens before Arachne and there's no guarantee using chapter select will allow you to actually save Hyakki & fight Titanboa proper.

Thus its recommended you save to a different save to mitigate any possible bugs with the Global savedata (I know I wouldn't want to go through the TM route all over again because of a small off chance it doesn't activate properly).

Hhhhhhshshsnz

Jul 29, 2020
Can someone tell me how to apply the English patch for the game? Can’t seem to do it like how the translator notes say

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
Can someone tell me how to apply the English patch for the game? Can’t seem to do it like how the translator notes say
If you're using OP, which I assume is version 7.12;

1. If there's no Gajinizer folder with the game then download the latest version which matches the version you're using (Patch v2.15 ).
  2. If there is a Gajinizer folder, then redownload the patch, it'll help you in the long run.
  3. Unzip the file
  4. In the unpacked folder is the Gajinizer contents, copy everything in that file into the main directory of your Shrift copy. (if it says to replace any files, say yes.
  5. Run the Game.exe, it will show the patch window, just click patch/apply patch (whichever appears) and wait a bit, don't click on the window while this is happening, it will likely crash.
  6. You will receive a popup when it's done saying it's been applied, now when you run the game from now on, it will display the game normally with the patch applied.
If you're using the latest version of the game, namely 7.20, then just download the 3.0/3.1 patch, it will give you an installer instead. Just pop it into where the game is and run it, follow any instructions and you're good to go.

Hope you have an amazing day/night and stay safe out there!

Till next time.

Reactions: Valhalla1990

Hhhhhhshshsnz

Jul 29, 2020
If you're using OP, which I assume is version 7.12;

1. If there's no Gajinizer folder with the game then download the latest version which matches the version you're using (Patch v2.15 ).
  2. If there is a Gajinizer folder, then redownload the patch, it'll help you in the long run.
  3. Unzip the file
  4. In the unpacked folder is the Gajinizer contents, copy everything in that file into the main directory of your Shrift copy. (if it says to replace any files, say yes.
  5. Run the Game.exe, it will show the patch window, just click patch/apply patch (whichever appears) and wait a bit, don't click on the window while this is happening, it will likely crash.
  6. You will receive a popup when it's done saying it's been applied, now when you run the game from now on, it will display the game normally with the patch applied.
If you're using the latest version of the game, namely 7.20, then just download the 3.0/3.1 patch, it will give you an installer instead. Just pop it into where the game is and run it, follow any instructions and you're good to go.

Hope you have an amazing day/night and stay safe out there!

Till next time.
No luck. I'm using v7.2 and the patch v3.1 but I don't see anything that looks like an installer. Does it have something to do with the Game.rgss3a file? The readme file says to do something with it but I couldn't get RPG Maker XP but I couldn't get it to run

Last edited:

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
No luck. I'm using v7.2 and the patch v3.1 but I don't see anything that looks like an installer. Does it have something to do with the Game.rgss3a file? The readme file says to do something with it but I couldn't get RPG Maker XP but I couldn't get it to run
The game is made with Vx Ace, so there's no point in trying to get XP. Now the installer should be a single file named "SHRIFTPatchv3.1[ver7.2].exe", should have a neko/fox(?) girl as the icon.

Concerning the Game.rgss3a file, download a decrypter to extract the files from, if you need me to, I'll just attach my copy of the decrypter to make it easier then hunting it down.

I made a video and linked it below, it should give you some idea to what to do. I made an edited version but the watermark on it blocked the important parts.

Hope you have a good day and may you be safe!

Till next time.

Hhhhhhshshsnz

Jul 29, 2020
The game is made with Vx Ace, so there's no point in trying to get XP. Now the installer should be a single file named "SHRIFTPatchv3.1[ver7.2].exe", should have a neko/fox(?) girl as the icon.

Concerning the Game.rgss3a file, download a decrypter to extract the files from, if you need me to, I'll just attach my copy of the decrypter to make it easier then hunting it down.

I made a video and linked it below, it should give you some idea to what to do. I made an edited version but the watermark on it blocked the important parts.

Mega
Google Drive

Hope you have a good day and may you be safe!

Till next time.
Thanks it worked out

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes