Lurkermin

Oct 30, 2018
Yeah, difficult because of RNG.
Actually, there's very little "RNG" it's more fitting to say "every enemy has their own mechanics, and if you don't work around them, and do it quick enough (especially at iron maiden and forward) you'll die a horrible death."

tony_redgrave

Jan 7, 2018
Actually, there's very little "RNG" it's more fitting to say "every enemy has their own mechanics, and if you don't work around them, and do it quick enough (especially at iron maiden and forward) you'll die a horrible death."
No, its full on RNG. The game even admits this by straight up telling the player various mechanics are luck based. Take Mukuro for example, sometimes she just does her basic lust attacks which dont inflict any statuses and you can beat her pretty easily by just attacking with lightning or whatever.

Other times however, all her attacks will successfully inflict their statuses, sometimes re-afflicting you with the same status you just removed. She will then bind you every turn, requiring you to struggle out repeatedly while draining your Vitality, which you will need in order to remove ecstasy and puppet so that you can actually attack her. She inflicts two sets of ecstasy on you? You better get rid of that shit quick, but then she ends up binding you again and you get hit with a third stack on the next turn and its a RIP.

Sometimes she will use a bind move while you are still in a bind, one of which is a instant kill if you dont struggle out of it. But get this, sometimes struggling doesnt even let you escape the bind, resulting in a game over. and then to top it all off, if you finally manage to get your willpower and vit in a decent place and have a good window to attack... your attacks can still miss... yeah, seems to me like there is quite a bit of RNG.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
No, its full on RNG. The game even admits this by straight up telling the player various mechanics are luck based. Take Mukuro for example, sometimes she just does her basic lust attacks which dont inflict any statuses and you can beat her pretty easily by just attacking with lightning or whatever.

Other times however, all her attacks will successfully inflict their statuses, sometimes re-afflicting you with the same status you just removed. She will then bind you every turn, requiring you to struggle out repeatedly while draining your Vitality, which you will need in order to remove ecstasy and puppet so that you can actually attack her. She inflicts two sets of ecstasy on you? You better get rid of that shit quick, but then she ends up binding you again and you get hit with a third stack on the next turn and its a RIP.

Sometimes she will use a bind move while you are still in a bind, one of which is a instant kill if you dont struggle out of it. But get this, sometimes struggling doesnt even let you escape the bind, resulting in a game over. and then to top it all off, if you finally manage to get your willpower and vit in a decent place and have a good window to attack... your attacks can still miss... yeah, seems to me like there is quite a bit of RNG.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and personal experience with the game, you are entitled to your own thoughts and are equally valid or even more plausible then what I say below.

Let's tackle these shall we? Concerning status effects, items and Cool Calm are your absolute friends, guides will tell you that late game, you're going to want Cool Calm for it's utility in defeating the later enemies.

Mukuro of course has two types of binds, the usual bind and her special bind. Her normal bind isn't as difficult and even the wind magic you start with will get you out of almost any bind. Her special bind is warranted by glowing red eyes and a text prompt, since it's impossible to move in stopped time, you have to use defensive stance to reduce the damage significantly.

While Rng is prevalent to a degree, the game is difficult due to having to master different mechanics unique to each demon, it still sucks when an enemy lands a bind on you. I can understand if you were just talking about the Daji fight, which sucks because that was pure RNG when it came to the Beast Form.

At the end of the day, skill isn't where this game relies on but by utilizing the mechanics in your favor(and admittedly some luck), the game was made in way to make you suffer defeat at every turn, the protagonist is only a human against man-eating demons, you're supposed to lose (at leas tin terms of the story describing demons).

Status effects? Cool Calm, Bandages, Morphine, Vitamins and Rations will prevent most effects from happening.
Binds? Wind Magic will get you out of most bindings, Slyph Storm will allow you to dodge most attacks.
Lust? Never let it reach over 50, you need to utilize every opening you have to recover, Vitality can hit zero but lust can't.

The only thing that really sucks is how the corruption system works, seriously screws you over. At the end of the day, RNG does play some part in battles but knowing how the game works is crucial to winning. Except EX dungeons, all strategy went out the window for that one in my opinion.

Either way hope you have an amazing day and stay safe! Remember this game is unfair for story purposes and so you should always start on the easiest difficulty and don't be afraid to go through multiple runs and get assistance, you can always do True Mercy next time.

Till next time.

Reactions: Lurkermin

Hhhhhhshshsnz

Jul 29, 2020
Honestly, if you follow the guide closely (on easy mode) the game is very easy. I've replayed the whole thing like 3 times already and none of the fights were THAT hard. Except the lampas labyrinths in the beginning. That's just meant to bully you when you're weak

tony_redgrave

Jan 7, 2018
Mukuro of course has two types of binds, the usual bind and her special bind. Her normal bind isn't as difficult and even the wind magic you start with will get you out of almost any bind. Her special bind is warranted by glowing red eyes and a text prompt, since it's impossible to move in stopped time, you have to use defensive stance to reduce the damage significantly.
I'm reasonably sure she had more binds than that, at least in her encounters prior to her boss fight in 2-2 (before she uses time stop and has red eyes). Pretty sure her cursed hair move can bind any combination of hands, legs and body, sometimes all three (or binding all three is a separate bind entirely). If she bind hands, wind magic is out of the question, which leaves you with a struggle option that may or may not work. Whatever bind she uses that binds all three will also instant kill you on the following turn (again, I've seen her use this bind in the fights before her boss fight).

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018
I'm reasonably sure she had more binds than that, at least in her encounters prior to her boss fight in 2-2 (before she uses time stop and has red eyes). Pretty sure her cursed hair move can bind any combination of hands, legs and body, sometimes all three (or binding all three is a separate bind entirely). If she bind hands, wind magic is out of the question, which leaves you with a struggle option that may or may not work. Whatever bind she uses that binds all three will also instant kill you on the following turn (again, I've seen her use this bind in the fights before her boss fight).
I'm not completely sure, but I think you're supposed to avoid fighting her in those segments. Is this the underground area you're talking about?

tony_redgrave

Jan 7, 2018
I'm not completely sure, but I think you're supposed to avoid fighting her in those segments. Is this the underground area you're talking about?

Yeah you can avoid her, but she will still randomly ambush you in the area before her boss fight and she still uses that bind in her actual boss fight.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
Yeah forgot about it having multiple variations, the singlular ones are fairly easy since you can use kick away or shake off to remove them but the three hitter does suck, I can give you that. While I had no issues in fighting her, I always avoided or escaped her during the cave section, so only the first encounter or final boss fight is what I know, I'll probably use her bronze box to confirm though.

Also quick tip for anyone doing True Mercy or any route where they recruited Barghest, get her affection to 100 and you can have the switch in the cave turned on to know which places to avoid Mukuro.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
How to unlock all EX crystals? I have only the first one
The crystals should tell you which demons you need to bond with but here's the list;

EX1: Mother Rabbit
EX2: Barghest, Lampas & Empuse
EX3: Sphinx & Hyakki

Hope this helps, may you have a good day!

Till next time.

BurningBreeze

Aug 6, 2018
Can someone explain the DLC to me? I have the Faint and Imaginary mementos, but that's only 2 of them. Also, is the Yami/Nightmare one a fight, or only an H-scene? It dragged me in to an H-scene when entering the memento. The Imaginary memento is just a back alley with seemingly no content, and when I use the one interactable thing at the end of the alley, it kicks me out.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
Can someone explain the DLC to me? I have the Faint and Imaginary mementos, but that's only 2 of them. Also, is the Yami/Nightmare one a fight, or only an H-scene? It dragged me in to an H-scene when entering the memento. The Imaginary memento is just a back alley with seemingly no content, and when I use the one interactable thing at the end of the alley, it kicks me out.
DLC is an extra content sold by the creator's ci-en, as opposed to the rest of the game the DLC is purely h-animations for you to enjoy. This means that you don't fight them but just enjoy what they do the the Protagonist.

First is Yami, she has little buildup so you'll get into it immediately.

For Mio, Kazuya will be confused at his surroundings, you're supposed to walk down the alley then encounter Mio, so there might be a bug occurring. Perhaps try to start it up again and see if anything changes, otherwise re-download the DLC.

Quick note: Mio and Yami are pure MTL at the moment and Ocelot is untranslated, they'll likely be hand translated after everything else is translated.

Hope this helps and have a good day!

Till next time.

Reactions: BurningBreeze
4.20 star(s) 20 Votes