Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I found this weird as well. Everyone looks at you as if you just murdered someone in cold-blood, but all of these demons killed innocent people. The genocide protagonist even makes a lot of valid points. To be fair though, I haven't gotten very far, but the demons mostly are the only ones berating you.
It's more or less explained in EX2 why the GENO route exists and the main story explains why That exists in the first place . Genocide route is only reached by killing every demon in the area in every part of the game, there was no need for that was there? Killed a couple? Fine, it was self defense but you can't defend yourself for killing every demon in sight. Of course some of them deserve it, loath I admit it.
Not like you're playing the same character at that point. All Hail That!

Helicopter pilot was paranoid in both routes. They either wanted to kill you because you're a heartless creature or due to having to transport E-003. Either way fear dominated their actions there, and the reason they crash is different as well.

I wrote down in a post my thoughts and interpretations of the game's story, it's not perfect but it does have an explanation even if it's during the postgame.
https://f95zone.to/threads/shrift-v7-2-t3-2-devils-office.67613/post-6033073

Hope you all are doing well and stay safe.

Till next time.

Last edited:

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
It's more or less explained in EX2 why the GENO route exists and the main story explains why That exists in the first place . Genocide route is only reached by killing every demon in the area in every part of the game, there was no need for that was there? Killed a couple? Fine, it was self defense but you can't defend yourself for killing every demon in sight. Of course some of them deserve it, loath I admit it.
Not like you're playing the same character at that point. All Hail That!

Helicopter pilot was paranoid in both routes. They either wanted to kill you because you're a heartless creature or due to having to transport E-003. Either way fear dominated their actions there, and the reason they crash is different as well.

I wrote down in a post my thoughts and interpretations of the game's story, it's not perfect but it does have an explanation even if it's during the postgame.
https://f95zone.to/threads/shrift-v7-2-t3-2-devils-office.67613/post-6033073

Hope you all are doing well and stay safe.

Till next time.
Is "EX2" the nontranslated sequel?

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
No, I'm referring to the second EX dungeon that was recently hand translated. Between EX1 and EX2, 2 has more relevance to the story then 1, I've yet to start EX3 but I'm eager to glean any lore I can from it when I do.

Oooh! Thanks man. You know where custom parts B are?
Located near the safe area of 3-2
Screenshot (29).png

Hope this helps and stay safe out there!

Till next time.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
My apologies for not replying to you sooner, sleep schedule is kinda fucked at the moment (no pun intended).
So do I need to have mother rabbit maxed out before 3-1?

Edit: AND why can't I take off the "Hospital Gown?!!" If it's a requirement for the easy mode than I want to either mod that or go up in difficulty(have enough trouble on easy." Exchanging or constantly upgrading equipment is one of the main reasons I love RPGs!!!!

Edit: And I can't find the third "Emerald" to make my custom sword anywhere!!!
I believe most monsters don't need to be maxed out until you're explicitly told something like "This is the point of no return, you won't be able to access My Room after this". However, DEFINITELY max out Haru & Liz (or at least get their item, it's really fuckin good), and max out Lampas & Empuse. Iron Maiden also helps if you max her out before Haru & Liz are available to be unlocked. I don't think others need to be maxed out before, but it definitely helps to do it cause of the accessories/weapons and SP they give.

The Hospital Gown is your only armor for the game.

Emeralds (and herbs) can be found from Lampas via Bronze Box, Aquamarine (and magic stone) from Aconitum via bronze box, and Ruby from Mukuro via bronze box. This isn't the full list of drops, just the most pressing ones.

Think I should start the game over because I missed so many crafting items?
As Facha1234 stated, no, you can just use Chapter Select to go back. If you'd like the locations of the drops, just ask and I'll post em.
No. The EX scenarios are all within the Mercy lobby (or at least True Mercy, considering that's the only route I've played besides genocide). They're free extras, however EX1 isn't hand translated yet. EX2 and EX3 are though. They're alternative universe scenarios not necessary to the main game, but they bond you further with the demons that request them. Plus, y'know, more content and apparently lore.

Reactions: bwardyunbip

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
No, I'm referring to the second EX dungeon that was recently hand translated. Between EX1 and EX2, 2 has more relevance to the story then 1, I've yet to start EX3 but I'm eager to glean any lore I can from it when I do.

Located near the safe area of 3-2
View attachment 1263948

Hope this helps and stay safe out there!

Till next time.
Thanks buddy

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
EX 4 has started to be distributed
Its About Time Starcraft GIF - ItsAboutTime Starcraft Tycho GIFs
uploading now... done:
(no translation/dlcs)

i also add my save folder just in case:

save 1 is before ex4
save 5 is before true mercy final boss fight

Last edited:

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
My apologies for not replying to you sooner, sleep schedule is kinda fucked at the moment (no pun intended).

I believe most monsters don't need to be maxed out until you're explicitly told something like "This is the point of no return, you won't be able to access My Room after this". However, DEFINITELY max out Haru & Liz (or at least get their item, it's really fuckin good), and max out Lampas & Empuse. Iron Maiden also helps if you max her out before Haru & Liz are available to be unlocked. I don't think others need to be maxed out before, but it definitely helps to do it cause of the accessories/weapons and SP they give.

The Hospital Gown is your only armor for the game.

Emeralds (and herbs) can be found from Lampas via Bronze Box, Aquamarine (and magic stone) from Aconitum via bronze box, and Ruby from Mukuro via bronze box. This isn't the full list of drops, just the most pressing ones.

As Facha1234 stated, no, you can just use Chapter Select to go back. If you'd like the locations of the drops, just ask and I'll post em.

No. The EX scenarios are all within the Mercy lobby (or at least True Mercy, considering that's the only route I've played besides genocide). They're free extras, however EX1 isn't hand translated yet. EX2 and EX3 are though. They're alternative universe scenarios not necessary to the main game, but they bond you further with the demons that request them. Plus, y'know, more content and apparently lore.
Thanks for all that info. Answered a lot of questions. I just finished the Echo chapter but she never showed up in the room. Did I miss something?

Wage

Sep 30, 2017
Does anybody figured out what to do in the end of EX4? Cheshire said someting about button in the title but i dont know what else i can try to do. There are only 2 buttons "START" and "END GAME"...

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
Thanks for all that info. Answered a lot of questions. I just finished the Echo chapter but she never showed up in the room. Did I miss something?
-unlocking Echo
read all the documents near the water consoles.
the 4th documents will appear on the console in the reservoir
check the corpse
check the bag, do nothing
echo will appear when you're leaving
in battle, holster your gun, then, persuade

Make sure you then proceed with completing Sphinx's quiz and move to the next chapter (Sphinx and Echo are the same chapter).

Hope this helps and stay safe.

Till next time.

tony_redgrave

Jan 7, 2018
Is there a unique TM> GENO run that is different to HYPOCRTIE? Would I just have to not try and befriend the demons before killing them?

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
-unlocking Echo
read all the documents near the water consoles.
the 4th documents will appear on the console in the reservoir
check the corpse
check the bag, do nothing
echo will appear when you're leaving
in battle, holster your gun, then, persuade

Make sure you then proceed with completing Sphinx's quiz and move to the next chapter (Sphinx and Echo are the same chapter).

Hope this helps and stay safe.

Till next time.
You've been nothing but help!Thanks and you stay safe too!

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
Its About Time Starcraft GIF - ItsAboutTime Starcraft Tycho GIFs
uploading now... done:
Mega

i also add my save folder just in case;)
Mega
save 1 is before ex4
save 5 is before true mercy last boss battle
Thanks for uploading this! I say that but now that I've downloaded it what exactly is it? The whole game? Should I move my save files over to it? Is the game and that EX4 you're talking about translated and if not what program can I use to translate it (please please provide a link!!)

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
Thanks for uploading this! I say that but now that I've downloaded it what exactly is it? The whole game? Should I move my save files over to it? Is the game and that EX4 you're talking about translated and if not what program can I use to translate it (please please provide a link!!)
it's the full game with the ex4 update straight from dlsite
(no dlc or translation)

the dlcs are already in the op:sneaky:
you can move your saves over (save folder and PublicData.rvdata2)

also i don't use translation, don't need it:cool:
but i guess you can use a translation tool or something:cautious:

Last edited:

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
Use Coffin Breakout three times, do nothing else. Once the music changes then go to the blank option to escape.

DLC: https://f95zone.to/threads/shrift-v7-2-t3-2-devils-office.67613/post-5553346

also codes;

1998044 - Mio event (requires Mio DLC).
2006094 - Yami event (requires Yami DLC).
2021131 - Ocelot event (requires Ocelot DLC)
5641071 - Clear Genocide flags (negative affection, kill count, etc.).
1084771 - Get some weapons (usable in chapter 2-1+).
7887040 - Rename the character.

Consult the roasted pig located to the far left of Hell.

"Consult the roasted pig located to the far left of Hell."

Gotta be honest, never thought anyone would tell me that.

Reactions: Zaratrax

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Is there a unique TM> GENO run that is different to HYPOCRTIE? Would I just have to not try and befriend the demons before killing them?
True Mercy to Genocide is unique yeah, but it isn't something that's accomplished in one playthrough if what I'm understanding is what you said. You do a full True Mercy route, and then disable NG+ benefits (preferably making a copy of your saves and publicdata.rv2 before doing this because it will save you SO much time) and then going and exterminating every demon you come across.
Genocide is just that, GENOCIDE. You make sure that every demon in the area is dead before moving on. (For the first chapter though, you need to turn the machine on. Make sure you do that before going through the door to chapter 1 - 2 so you can make the Barghest weapon. For the Echoes, just kill ten of them and then pour the powder into the reservoir.)

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
I just thought of this as it randomly popped into my head: Is there a way to recruit that dancing girl? The shrimp loli.

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes