Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Arachne is impossible
It's actually possible. You just need to keep Cool Calm and Sylph Storm active. Since she's weak to ice attribute, Modded Assault Rifle with Frost shells is your best weapon.

Edit: You can use Rebellion if you don't like the rifle (that way you don't waste turns reloading)

bwardyunbip

Dec 15, 2019
It's actually possible. You just need to keep Cool Calm and Sylph Storm active. Since she's weak to ice attribute, Modded Assault Rifle with Frost shells is your best weapon.

Edit: You can use Rebellion if you don't like the rifle (that way you don't waste turns reloading)
i don't have that ammo or sylph

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
Ok, after days of research and 12 hours of gameplay I've beaten Hardcore mode.
The weapon is great (5000 damage with no need of reload). The proof is ok, but some lines are still in japanese so I can't understand the girls replies.
View attachment 1276547 View attachment 1276548
I don't think the translators expected someone to beat the Hardcore difficulty in the slightest, plus they've mostly prioritized the EX Dungeons for now. Aslo congrats on your accomplishment, not many can say they beat Hardcore in an honest way.

Reactions: bwardyunbip

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
i don't have that ammo or sylph
You can get Sylph at the capsule (remember you can readjust you magic points whenever you want, but for physical points you need a charred salamander). For ammo, you can explore previous areas and find missing custom parts, one of them at chapter 3-2 Prison. Else, you can use frost skill.

bwardyunbip

Dec 15, 2019
You can get Sylph at the capsule (remember you can readjust you magic points whenever you want, but for physical points you need a charred salamander). For ammo, you can explore previous areas and find missing custom parts, one of them at chapter 3-2 Prison. Else, you can use frost skill.
i spammed blizzard and used sylph and cool calm but she outlasted me.
I dealt 6000ish damage but she wouldn't go down.

she has 4000hp

i've been lowkey bamboozled

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
i spammed blizzard and used sylph and cool calm but she outlasted me.
I dealt 6000ish damage but she wouldn't go down.

she has 4000hp

i've been lowkey bamboozled
I have to ask, what difficulty are you playing on? Either way I'll post the guide's strsaegy just in case you mssed anything. However could you explain what exactly did you in? was it a specific move? or was it a status effect?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And always remember to use items, while you're limited to a small amount per item, you get quite an abundance of them throughout the game, so unless you avoided picking up any items, you shouldn't have a shortage of them.

Hope this helped out if only a little, and stay safe.

Till next time.

bwardyunbip

Dec 15, 2019
I have to ask, what difficulty are you playing on? Either way I'll post the guide's strsaegy just in case you mssed anything. However could you explain what exactly did you in? was it a specific move? or was it a status effect?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And always remember to use items, while you're limited to a small amount per item, you get quite an abundance of them throughout the game, so unless you avoided picking up any items, you shouldn't have a shortage of them.

Hope this helped out if only a little, and stay safe.

Till next time.
i use only ice magic and vitamins, energy drinks, rations

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
i use only ice magic and vitamins, energy drinks, rations
The cons of using magic is your vitality being consumed faster, while Arachne can suck part of it with her attacks (so rations are needed).

I'll suggest the following strategy. Although I did it with Compendium bonuses, it could be possible to repeat on first run:

- Physical upgrades: Max Agility and Vitality (the last one if you can). If you have SP to spare, spend it on Will.
- Weapon: Rebellion is great since you can use ice magic bullets and won't waste turns reloading it. Modded assault rifle can make it, but you need ice shells and reload after each shot. Second hand is irrelevant.
- Magic: This is the most important part. As Crazycarzom said Cool Calm is obligatory, but I recommend just unlock it (not upgrade it, but I'm not sure if probability is affected). If you can, unlock Hell Break (Max both Fire magic and Boost attack to unlock it), because it regenerates you will and vit each turn and avoid will and vit negative status. This will consume most of your sp points, but it's worth it. If you have SP to spare, spend it on Sylph Storm (Max it if not having Hell Break).
- Accessories: Cat bell is recommended, but if you already have Hell Break then use Fluffy Coat or it's upgrades.

- Strategy 1 (having Hell Break): Do this in sequence: Cool Calm, Hell Break, Sylph Storm, proceed to attack until Cool Calm is off, then repeat. If caugh in her web, struggle until being free and avoid her attacks until she enters combat stance. Then repeat sequence. Keep an eye on your lust.
- Strategy 2 (not having Hell Break): Do this in sequence: Cool Calm, Sylph Storm, proceed to attack and recover Vitality with rations before Cool Calm is off. Keep an eye on tuns passed since activation of skills as well as your Vitality and lust (a bad scenario is you having no Vitality and your skills off).

Also, pray RNG is on your side. I hope this helps you in that fight.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
How does the defeat scene open where there are a lot of mermaids and why is it not present in the losing scenes ?
That's mermaid dream. Dreams happen when sleeping on pink beds while your Will is half or below. I recall 3 pink beds at chapters 1-2, 3-1 and 4-3 (for Lampas, Echo and Daji respectively). I'm not sure if that defeat scene opens at loss scene album (I have to check that)

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
That's mermaid dream. Dreams happen when sleeping on pink beds while your Will is half or below. I recall 3 pink beds at chapters 1-2, 3-1 and 4-3 (for Lampas, Echo and Daji respectively). I'm not sure if that defeat scene opens at loss scene album (I have to check that)
There's a fourth pink bed within chapter 2-2 or 2-3 I believe, within one of the rooms in the temple. Can't remember what enemy it is, but I remember it isn't Mukuro for... y'know, whatever reason.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
There's a fourth pink bed within chapter 2-2 or 2-3 I believe, within one of the rooms in the temple. Can't remember what enemy it is, but I remember it isn't Mukuro for... y'know, whatever reason.
Yeah, I've checked it and that's correct. A bit tricky because it's not exactly pink.

bwardyunbip

Dec 15, 2019
i don't know about an assault rifle.
i'm playing on easy

how much health does she have in YOUR games?

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
i don't know about an assault rifle.
i'm playing on easy

how much health does she have in YOUR games?
The assault Rifle is encounter broken in 2-1, near the first safe room as a sparkle on the floor. You have to get the repair kit located behind the building you exit that had a safe room and north of the alley way you encounter Liz and Haru. You then need to find the various weapon parts to upgrade your weapons to their stronger versions.

My Save on Easiest difficulty says around 4000 like it says in the database (fought her using Bronze Box just now), so I don't know why she's a HP sponge for you (Maybe the rebalancing is off? I did originally play this before 7.2, before rebalancing enemies for Hardcore were made).

On a side note, discovering Arachne's HP on Easy let me realize one thing.

I need to learn Japanese yesterday....:(
P.S Why do I need THREE BUDDHA STATUES TO MAKE THE ARMOR!!! And just in case, where's the Assault Rifle?

EDIT: WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO HYAKI'S THIRD CHEST!!??
I know you probably got them all from EX4 or maybe not. Either way I remember where I got the 2nd statue, I got it after beating Arachne, so Bronze Box is your friend for it.

Hope this helps and stay safe!

Till next time.

bwardyunbip

Dec 15, 2019
bronze box
The assault Rifle is encounter broken in 2-1, near the first safe room as a sparkle on the floor. You have to get the repair kit located behind the building you exit that had a safe room and north of the alley way you encounter Liz and Haru. You then need to find the various weapon parts to upgrade your weapons to their stronger versions.

My Save on Easiest difficulty says around 4000 like it says in the database (fought her using Bronze Box just now), so I don't know why she's a HP sponge for you (Maybe the rebalancing is off? I did originally play this before 7.2, before rebalancing enemies for Hardcore were made).

On a side note, discovering Arachne's HP on Easy let me realize one thing.

I know you probably got them all from EX4 or maybe not. Either way I remember where I got the 2nd statue, I got it after beating Arachne, so Bronze Box is your friend for it.

Hope this helps and stay safe!

Till next time.
bronze box? I don't get any support from other demons.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
bronze box

bronze box? I don't get any support from other demons.
First I need to know what route you going for, Neutral, True Mercy, or Genocide? If Genocide ignore anything about bronze boxes but otherwise continue.

I'm going to ask, have you took time to bond with any demons who visit you in My Room? Whenever you befriend a demon, they no longer appear in that chapter area and allow you to grab items you missed. Bonding with them is necessary if you ever do a True Mercy run and are needed to gain Arachne as a companion.

You get rewards for bonding and most of the time, they have a bronze box in the first rank of affection (25), allowing you to fight them again by equipping them in place of an accessory, allowing you to grind their drops.

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
I'm dying to play the EX4 Route or play that detective story but since I'm no translator I have to wait. Is there any free translation program that will work on this game?

bwardyunbip

Dec 15, 2019
First I need to know what route you going for, Neutral, True Mercy, or Genocide? If Genocide ignore anything about bronze boxes but otherwise continue.

I'm going to ask, have you took time to bond with any demons who visit you in My Room? Whenever you befriend a demon, they no longer appear in that chapter area and allow you to grab items you missed. Bonding with them is necessary if you ever do a True Mercy run and are needed to gain Arachne as a companion.

You get rewards for bonding and most of the time, they have a bronze box in the first rank of affection (25), allowing you to fight them again by equipping them in place of an accessory, allowing you to grind their drops.
i wanted to do mercy

Reactions: Lancelot5557

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
i wanted to do mercy
Try boosting your friendship with the girls you have recruited so far (go check them through the blue door at save rooms, then the right door should be open). By maxing out their friendship you get bronze boxes to grind money and crafting materials, accesories and more sp points to boost your physical and magical attributes on capsule.

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes