4.50 star(s) 35 Votes

s0ms0m

Aug 28, 2018
I semi solved it by editing the according variables in the save game, but it borked the game a little. The section in the code that handles traveling in CampOptions.rpy seems a bit messy, too :D

Beat120

Jun 7, 2021
Well thats dumb, if you loose out on an entire region because you choose a different path why have that option? At least a warning would be nice.
I don't like this, either. In an effort to be non-linear, despite there being split paths, one path is always optimal while deviating from it makes you either lose out on nations or spend more time traveling than you would otherwise. The only positive from deviating at the start is making an already easy fight even easier (unless you want to do it the wrong way). I get why the Bat nation becomes inaccessible, and it has to do with a certain character in the story (not spoiling). That being said, I also agree that there should be some sort of guidance on where to go. I know Space Paws had multiple endings, and I think it's safe to assume that this game may have such too, even though it's nowhere near as open-ended, at least right now. These split paths may be factors for such.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
I don't like this, either. In an effort to be non-linear, despite there being split paths, one path is always optimal while deviating from it makes you either lose out on nations or spend more time traveling than you would otherwise. The only positive from deviating at the start is making an already easy fight even easier (unless you want to do it the wrong way). I get why the Bat nation becomes inaccessible, and it has to do with a certain character in the story (not spoiling). That being said, I also agree that there should be some sort of guidance on where to go. I know Space Paws had multiple endings, and I think it's safe to assume that this game may have such too, even though it's nowhere near as open-ended, at least right now. These split paths may be factors for such.
I'm almost 100% sure that as the game gets more complete, the walkthrough will feature the optimal path :)

twamer64

Aug 23, 2018
Can't help but notice her legs in this scene. The thighs feel too small and you can see the end of it not being fully drawn. It isn't captured properly in the screenshot but as it moves it really looks off and much worse. It is the same in fullscreen, however screenshots don't work in fullscreen for some reason so I had to put it in windowed mode.
It probably won't get fixed (It would require redrawing and I can understand it could be a lot of work) but I'm mentioning it just in case.

Reactions: Yamemai

ragareno13

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
I must say this is my first furry game that I enjoyed. Characters are interesting and the art is really good. As Troy Bolton used to say in HSM, "this could be the start of something new".

Reactions: jetama

jetama

Oct 28, 2020
I must say this is my first furry game that I enjoyed. Characters are interesting and the art is really good. As Troy Bolton used to say in HSM, "this could be the start of something new".
have you tried space paws? its from the same developers, i'm not really into furries at all but these devs are the only instance where i'll allow it

Reactions: ragareno13

ragareno13

Game Developer
Jul 21, 2021
have you tried space paws? its from the same developers, i'm not really into furries at all but these devs are the only instance where i'll allow it
I haven't played yet. If it's as good as Shuggerlain, I'll probably love it :BootyTime:

dyra

Mar 20, 2018
Can't help but notice her legs in this scene. The thighs feel too small and you can see the end of it not being fully drawn. It isn't captured properly in the screenshot but as it moves it really looks off and much worse. It is the same in fullscreen, however screenshots don't work in fullscreen for some reason so I had to put it in windowed mode.
It probably won't get fixed (It would require redrawing and I can understand it could be a lot of work) but I'm mentioning it just in case.
Man, look at the other leg. Atzi's is hugging his face with her legs. That's why you are only seeing the knee.

Reactions: clayton_blaisdell

dyra

Mar 20, 2018
"If you leave, you won't be able to go back here" doesn't mean "If you go here, you won't be able to visit this other place."
Look at the map. A "Zone" includes several nations. When it says "you won't be able to go back to the previous zone", they are including all the nations of that zone.
Perhaps it's because I remember the Riders explaining this on discord, but I found it's properly explained in the game.

Reactions: Artix0

Beat120

Jun 7, 2021
Look at the map. A "Zone" includes several nations. When it says "you won't be able to go back to the previous zone", they are including all the nations of that zone.
Perhaps it's because I remember the Riders explaining this on discord, but I found it's properly explained in the game.
As someone who usually pays attention to what the developers say, I'd probably be in the same boat as you had I been around there myself. As my misinterpretation showed, I mistook "previous areas" for the nation you were currently in, and I'm usually pretty good at finding out what people are trying to say. I understand it now, but I genuinely find the phrase "go back to previous areas" to not convey the intended message well. Unless they are referring to you going out of order (which I should point out the player would not know), there is no way to go back to other areas after you visit them. This is a good justification as to why players would ignore this warning.

I think this issue shouldn't be just handled through text. Maybe zones should be marked on the map to prevent any further confusion. Something like alternating tints to separate these zones as "provinces".

dyra

Mar 20, 2018
As someone who usually pays attention to what the developers say, I'd probably be in the same boat as you had I been around there myself. As my misinterpretation showed, I mistook "previous areas" for the nation you were currently in, and I'm usually pretty good at finding out what people are trying to say. I understand it now, but I genuinely find the phrase "go back to previous areas" to not convey the intended message well. Unless they are referring to you going out of order (which I should point out the player would not know), there is no way to go back to other areas after you visit them. This is a good justification as to why players would ignore this warning.

I think this issue shouldn't be just handled through text. Maybe zones should be marked on the map to prevent any further confusion. Something like alternating tints to separate these zones as "provinces".
I agree on that. Perhaps coloring each zone with a different color on the map could visually help. I'll probably suggest it.

4.50 star(s) 35 Votes