moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
The whole $5 tier and $10 tier split doesn't even make any fucking sense. His Patreon tiers are $3, 7, 13.50 etc...

(Edit: then again, looking at this game again.. I guess it makes as much sense as his release version numbering, lol)

Boring Games

Shut Up and Dance
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2018
Wow special non special bla bla bla... i do love me this kind of devs who are pretty much pissing on lower tire patreons, so if i'm a 2$ tire patreon my money pretty much means shit to this dude... very nice...

Look at the diffrences between versions...

*423 still images | (343 in Public Version)

*39 animations, 105 videos | (35 and 93 in Public version)

The fuk?!?!
The difference here is in special scenes, which don't affect the main story anyhow. I've never cut out a single animation or a render from the main game just to include it in another version. If the guys want to see a scene they vote for, they can subscribe to a higher tier, if they just want to see the main game and be informed about the development process- they choose a tier they're comfortable with. And all my patrons, each if them, are treated with equal respect. They can always count for support, getting answers for any questions they've got, early access and other benefits. I've never left any of their questions unanswered or ignored them, and I'm sure all if them can confirm that.

milfkiller

Engaged Member
May 2, 2017
Shut Up and Dance [Ep.4 Ch.2 Re] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 5.22 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 665 MB: - MEGA
Compressed Size Mac: 647 MB: - MEGA

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:
or you can
Check out my
legend

• Red Heart
Reactions: JokerLeader

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
The difference here is in special scenes, which don't affect the main story anyhow. I've never cut out a single animation or a render from the main game just to include it in another version. If the guys want to see a scene they vote for, they can subscribe to a higher tier, if they just want to see the main game and be informed about the development process- they choose a tier they're comfortable with. And all my patrons, each if them, are treated with equal respect. They can always count for support, getting answers for any questions they've got, early access and other benefits. I've never left any of their questions unanswered or ignored them, and I'm sure all if them can confirm that.
Doesn't sound like equal respect.

To me, it sounds like you reward the fewer higher paying patrons over the more numerous lower paying patrons. And that sux, IMO. Those lower tier patrons may pay less per patron, but their overall contribution to your project is the same (if not greater) then the fewer "whales".

Of course, only you know the full numbers, but according to your Patreon page, you make $3553 per month (I'm in Canada) with 611 patrons. That's an average of $5.82 per patron. Of course, it's split among the different tiers, but it's a pretty good indicator. Why should four hundred $3 patrons be treated any different then twenty $27 patrons? (again, I'm just speculating on these numbers)

IMO, tier perks should be that.. perks. Not locked content hidden behind payment tiers. 90% of the devs on Patron do the standard perk thing.. earlier access, more voting power, special discord badges, credit mention, etc. But each and every one of your patrons helped push you to create the product you are making money on, and they should be rewarded with the exact same product.... is how i feel, anyhow.

I'm not your patron so this is all opinion and worth about 2 cents (Which in USD is more like a wooden nickel, lol)

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
Shut Up and Dance [Ep.4 Ch.2 Re] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 5.22 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 665 MB: - MEGA
Compressed Size Mac: 647 MB: - MEGA

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:
or you can
Check out my
thank you so much

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
IMO, tier perks should be that.. perks. Not locked content hidden behind payment tiers.
And this is exactly what these scenes are: perks, not locked content as dev himself explained:

The difference here is in special scenes, which don't affect the main story anyhow. I've never cut out a single animation or a render from the main game just to include it in another version.

StokkaFilippo

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2018
Ha! Pure evil!

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I disagree.

Those lower tier patrons were financing the time the dev took to create these scenes, where they not? And yet they don't get to see them, unless they cough up more money.

That's not a perk, that's an upsell.
From what I understand the dev created the scenes at the request of higher tier partons. If they weren't requested they wouldn't have been made.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Those lower tier patrons were financing the time the dev took to create these scenes, where they not? And yet they don't get to see them, unless they cough up more money.
And i respectfull disagree of your disagreement hehe, because if we see things this way you tell, anything made to high tier patrons, even a single wallpaper or special render, is wrong because is taking away dev's time to the main game. And this will make the highrt ties existence meaningless because if there is no difference between be a 20$ supporter and a 1$ supporter, so why support with 20$ in the end? Anyway just my view about this.

Mar 9, 2021
And i respectfull disagree of your disagreement hehe, because if we see things this way you tell, anything made to high tier patrons, even a single wallpaper or special render, is wrong because is taking away dev's time to the main game. And this will make the highrt ties existence meaningless because if there is no difference between be a 20$ supporter and a 1$ supporter, so why support with 20$ in the end? Anyway just my view about this.
I thought higher tier means they'll get to eat the cake first but the quantity would be same.
And there's difference between Wallpapers/renders and animations.

4.10 star(s) 128 Votes