Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
As for avoiding the rape... In the original game, you couldn't avoid the rape. In the translated version, the translator added something that allowed you to bypass it, but I don't remember what it was. It's been way too long since I played the game. Either way, from what I remember, you could kind of avoid all the rape in the translated version. Or at least the vast majority of it, which lets wifey stay closer to pure when she escapes back to her husband.
It's basically a virgin run. I can't remember fully either, but I think I added an NTR ending (because I wanted the NEET to get a happy ending too) and a complete virgin run ending. I added a character in there (aptly named) whom you need to speak with, as well as choose the correct dialogue options in the main story, to unlock those endings.

As for the construction worker part, that same character has the key, which you can get from him to avoid interacting with the construction workers. The character is located in the general area.

Reactions: f9account

EdenGenesis

Jun 6, 2019
It's not really Silent Pill 2.

The second game is not a sequel. It's a separate story that's happening at the same time as the events of the first story, just in another place with a different main character.

As for avoiding the rape... In the original game, you couldn't avoid the rape. In the translated version, the translator added something that allowed you to bypass it, but I don't remember what it was. It's been way too long since I played the game. Either way, from what I remember, you could kind of avoid all the rape in the translated version. Or at least the vast majority of it, which lets wifey stay closer to pure when she escapes back to her husband.
In fact, I managed to avoid being raped by the workers because EG, the translator, was near the locked door and asked me if I wanted the key.

But you're right, in the original game, it's not possible to avoid rape. But there's no point in avoiding the rape, since you have to get pregnant to progress in the game anyway.

At first, I really enjoyed the game, but the more I got into it, the more linear and boring it became. However, it gave me a lot of ideas for creating an open world in Rpg Maker, as there were some very good ideas and concepts.

EdenGenesis

Jun 6, 2019
It's basically a virgin run. I can't remember fully either, but I think I added an NTR ending (because I wanted the NEET to get a happy ending too) and a complete virgin run ending. I added a character in there (aptly named) whom you need to speak with, as well as choose the correct dialogue options in the main story, to unlock those endings.

As for the construction worker part, that same character has the key, which you can get from him to avoid interacting with the construction workers. The character is located in the general area.
I don't think there is a virgin run in the translated game since you need to give a birth to a baby monster in order to open one of the door in the basement.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
I don't think there is a virgin run in the translated game since you need to give a birth to a baby monster in order to open one of the door in the basement.
lol, nah I thought of that too. I added a way around that, if you check around the area near the locked door (should be a map or two to the right). There's a plot-friendly path to avoid forced pregnancy. Try if you want a true virgin run.

Reactions: f9account

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Just finished a playthrough of the new game, I can confirm its completely playable from start to finish even without mtl, that's just how linear the game is.

As a side note, if you talk to absolutely every human npc in the game, you'll eventually run into a curious fella who seem to give you rewards endlessly so long you have the patience to spam the button. Most likely a bugged npc.

Final boss recommends you hit between lv30-40 to beat, if you fight the majority of enemies, you'll reach this ballpark easily.
Can verify this to be true. It's kinda like the first game where it's linear enough to play till the end without mtl. Can also confirm that the bugged NPC thing is true since it really does seem to give you endless rewards no matter how many times you interact with the fella.

Final boss is beatable around the lvl25-28 range though you really need to be well-stocked and have a certain weapon equipped to beat them proper.

jav253

Sep 12, 2019
Don't really like how in the sequel you don't get raped unless your HP goes to zero. It just makes it an unnecessary pain in the ass to have party members revive you. I don't even want party members in a game like this unless their female anyway. It's weird since there are abilities to make the enemies horny but i'm not even sure what it does they don't do anything other than groping once at 80% HP.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Don't really like how in the sequel you don't get raped unless your HP goes to zero. It just makes it an unnecessary pain in the ass to have party members revive you. I don't even want party members in a game like this unless their female anyway. It's weird since there are abilities to make the enemies horny but i'm not even sure what it does they don't do anything other than groping once at 80% HP.
Yeah, that's pretty weird too. Pretty sure that in the OG, the MC gets raped once health reaches 20%. HP needing to be 0% is a pain on several levels since not only is combat easy enough as is, but also revives incur a supply cost. On top of that, giving birth still deals several hundred points of damage which kind of negates the added benefits from the skills gained only from pregnancy (which is a carry-over from their previous game).

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Yeah, that's pretty weird too. Pretty sure that in the OG, the MC gets raped once health reaches 20%. HP needing to be 0% is a pain on several levels since not only is combat easy enough as is, but also revives incur a supply cost. On top of that, giving birth still deals several hundred points of damage which kind of negates the added benefits from the skills gained only from pregnancy (which is a carry-over from their previous game).
I literally just played the original last night (to check my translation level and the scripts/triggers I changed to allow for my added features/endings); I think MC gets harassed with Lust at 30, and assaulted at 80. Never needed to revive, but your teammates can revive you. GoR is a huge bummer if that's true in the sequel, since I think it's usually pretty counterintuitive and conflicting for most players' goals in-game; it should the very least be a Lust counter and trigger rather than an HP one.

• Sad
Reactions: EonKain

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
I literally just played the original last night (to check my translation level and the scripts/triggers I changed to allow for my added features/endings); I think MC gets harassed with Lust at 30, and assaulted at 80. Never needed to revive, but your teammates can revive you. GoR is a huge bummer if that's true in the sequel, since I think it's usually pretty counterintuitive and conflicting for most players' goals in-game; it should the very least be a Lust counter and trigger rather than an HP one.
Yeah, that checks out for the original, alright. The spin-off, since it's implied to happen at the same time as the original, requires the MC to be at 0 HP before she gets assaulted. However, her being at 0 does not result in a gameover since your teammates can still continue the fight and escape if need be. It's just that when combat ends, MC would still be at 0 HP.

There's also human enemies that can attack you regardless of whether the MC is pregnant, arguably making them more dangerous than the non-human enemies.

jav253

Sep 12, 2019
There's also human enemies that can attack you regardless of whether the MC is pregnant, arguably making them more dangerous than the non-human enemies.
Yeah that's another weird thing about the sequel. I guess maybe these Human enemies are meant to be infected but not transformed entirely yet. If they rape her she doesn't get pregnant. But they can rape her while she is already pregnant which causes the pregnancy to advance. I dunno a lot of these design decisions don't make a lot of sense to me. There is also no overflow on the lust counter it caps at 100 now. So you can just toggle horny state on/off with one masturbation. Kind of makes it effecting the ending condition seem not so impactful not that it was hard to manage in the original either but now it's trivial.

Jun 22, 2017
What's the translated name of the spin-off game, by the way? Is there already a thread for it?

OG Silent Pill was some of the hottest "zombie" content DLSite has received in forever and I'm happy to see the author return to the setting. I do hope it gets a translation pick-up.

Skullguy98

Sep 29, 2020
What's the translated name of the spin-off game, by the way? Is there already a thread for it?

OG Silent Pill was some of the hottest "zombie" content DLSite has received in forever and I'm happy to see the author return to the setting. I do hope it gets a translation pick-up.
apparently it's Silent pill ero it released earlier this month on dsl but i havent checked if there haven't been any translation request I assume it's in some person's backlog of translating work

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Alright, I've cleared my current translation project (Farah, the Otherworld Hero).
I think I have a few options now - I can translate this game (Silent Pill Ero), another new one (the most recent Double Melon game), or finish a few translation projects still in my queue. I'm conflicted since the last game (the original Silent Pill) was a joy to translate (mostly) and I'd love to take this one, but I don't want to let others down with projects still in my queue.

Are y'all pretty satisfied with this game as it is (given it's fairly linear and can be easily MTLed), or do you want me to work on a full translation of this game? Bear in mind if I work on this one, it takes time away from other translation projects.

Reactions: RenH

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Alright, I've cleared my current translation project (Farah, the Otherworld Hero).
I think I have a few options now - I can translate this game (Silent Pill Ero), another new one (the most recent Double Melon game), or finish a few translation projects still in my queue. I'm conflicted since the last game (the original Silent Pill) was a joy to translate (mostly) and I'd love to take this one, but I don't want to let others down with projects still in my queue.

Are y'all pretty satisfied with this game as it is (given it's fairly linear and can be easily MTLed), or do you want me to work on a full translation of this game? Bear in mind if I work on this one, it takes time away from other translation projects.
I don't mind if you leave it in the queue for later, though I definitely hope it gets picked up eventually. The game is... gameplay-wise, definitely worse than the original in a number of ways... though, the whole 'protagonist needs to drop to 0 HP' thing becomes less annoying once you pick-up the second companion who can rez her, because enemies become stunned for a while after fucking her.

That said, it's still pretty terrible because companion stats are terrible compared to the MC's so they can't do shit on their own unless you take a lot of time to invest in stat enhancement items.

Granted, I played just in Japanese, so I might have missed something obvious...

Reactions: RenH
4.50 star(s) 17 Votes