MangoTree

Apr 27, 2017
hey guys, what does changing resolution do exactly?

i dropped it to 80% and performance increased by quite a bit with seemingly no visual difference.

They mentioned it in their changelog, For better performance, change "Resolution" to "60%" from the settings. Quality will be same as UE4.

but in technical terms what does it do? make images less clear? so it'll tax your card less or something?

Last edited:

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Pretty fun game so far. Needs a LOT of optimization though. This thing has my beastly computer wheezing like a geriatric.

Wasn't expecting the horror elements the game has. The most terrifying scene had to have been the movie-watching scene because GODDAMN FFS WOMAN WHO SHOVES AN ENTIRE TV REMOVE UP THEIR GOOCH, BUTTONS AND ALL View attachment 1849500
I've tried it on a lazy evening watching movies.
Fun fact, some TV remotes have friction pads.
They're not meant to rub or slide on anything.
The rest is history.

• Haha
Reactions: punhetas

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
100% aways i never use resolution below that never, i prefer not to play
That's not what they asked, no one cares.

hey guys, what does changing resolution do exactly?

i dropped it to 80% and performance increased by quite a bit with seemingly no visual difference.

The mentioned it in their changelog, For better performance, change "Resolution" to "60%" from the settings. Quality will be same as UE4.

but in technical terms what does it do? make images less clear? so your it'll tax your card less or something?
That's the resolution/render scaling.
Basically it sets how much detail everything in an image/frame would have based on your monitor's resolution.
At 100% a game running at 1080p would have 1080p rendering, at 1.5x/150% your game will be rendered at 1620p.

All this means is that at 100% or above you'll see smoother edges and crisp textures, at under 100% you'll start to see edges getting jaggy and textures blurry. It really depends on what game you're playing. In something stylised like Genshin Impact or Overwatch it's noticeable, but in other games you might be able to miss it entirely, like in this one.

There is a noticeable performance increase/decrease when messing with this setting, it might help with micro-stutters as things are loading when you're turning around quickly or it might do nothing for ya. Depends on a lot of things.
A lot of the settings in this game you can fenagle with and get a lot of performance without much change in visuals.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: MangoTree

Eazy-e

Apr 18, 2022
That's not what they asked, no one cares.

Basically it sets how much detail everything in an image/frame would have based on your monitor's resolution.
At 100% a game running at 1080p would have 1080p rendering, at 1.5x/150% your game will be rendered at 1620p.

All this means is that at 100% or above you'll see smoother edges and crisp textures, at under 100% you'll start to see edges getting jaggy and textures blurry. It really depends on what game you're playing. In something stylised like Genshin Impact or Overwatch it's noticeable, but in other games you might be able to miss it entirely, like in this one.

There is a noticeable performance increase/decrease when messing with this setting, it might help with micro-stutters as things are loading when you're turning around quickly or it might do nothing for ya. Depends on a lot of things.
A lot of the settings in this game you can fenagle with and get a lot of performance without much change in visuals.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
if you don't mind why did you answer in my comment?, answer the guy there, why didn't I ask you for anything, go to my ignored byebye

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
It uses UE5's TSR(temporal super resolution) which was hidden away in UE4 4.27 hence why I think I posted instructions on how to force it on the thread before. Anways its a vastly improved TAA and basically close to FSR2-Better than FSR1-DLSS 2.43 is still the best at reconstruction and 60 percent is way pushing it tbh. Go 80 maybe 75 and yeah will be tough to tell the difference but TSR not 60-DLSS well implemented can do that ie: Balanced mode (57% render rez). So someone asked why dev said that there ya go!

MangoTree

Apr 27, 2017

Thank you, great answer. I've been trying out Auril's warcraft games and have been wondering what the setting does exactly [though never had performance issues with those games so didn't mess with the setting], with this one just dropping it to 80% helped a lot with no real visual difference.cheers

spam bot

Jan 26, 2018
I try to load and its a black screen with weird firefly like lights, can still interact but can't see anything

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes