TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
WTF is going on with this update, doesn't seem to have progressed at all from the last update, walk around and try everything with an '!' and nothing new. Go to sleep and get stuck in the dream scape, can't exit it.
Hmm seems the 2nd dream visit is bugged, if you go in the girls toilet during the first dream sequence then the 2nd one is bugged, got to go boys room 1st dream and girls 2nd dream, or that's what I had to do anyway.

Got past the end of the walkthrough, there is some stuff to do after that, not sure if I have completed what is available now.

Deleted member 361485

Jan 4, 2018
of all the projects I've played here on the f95, this is without a doubt the one with the most graphic bugs, the lighting in this game is shit, the hair turns white without having light, where there's no light, where it's not supposed to be light has... shit! not to mention the optimization that an RTX 2070 is suffering to run a game that only has 2 houses and light coming from everywhere, it's not worth playing
the sad part is that the game was fine. gets worse every update because the dev can't stop messing with it.

Reactions: Banshee96

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Tried to play the new version of the game, it says I need 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime' to play it.
Obviously I already have that. I've got multiple versions installed dating back to 2005.

What do I actually need?

Neechan-Lexi

Feb 1, 2019
Tried the game and liked at in the beginning, the MC is nice and the animations are well made too. I played to the point where the fuse broke and the lights went out. I did read the Walkthroug and played after it but when i try to pick up the fuse in the garage it says "I dont need this right now". Does anybody know how this fix this? Or should i just wait a few years and hope this stops beeing a buggy mess?

ashmirrrrrr

Apr 13, 2022
Tried the game and liked at in the beginning, the MC is nice and the animations are well made too. I played to the point where the fuse broke and the lights went out. I did read the Walkthroug and played after it but when i try to pick up the fuse in the garage it says "I dont need this right now". Does anybody know how this fix this? Or should i just wait a few years and hope this stops beeing a buggy mess?
you need to check the fuse box first. thats what i remember

poplarchan

Apr 28, 2017
Wow, what happened? This game always runned beautiful for me (60 fps), now without changing anything (like always for me), it runs like crap (10-15 fps). lowering super scale helps a ton, but the game looks horrible

Reactions: Meh559

Ralfxx

Aug 27, 2019
Tried to play the new version of the game, it says I need 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime' to play it.
Obviously I already have that. I've got multiple versions installed dating back to 2005.

What do I actually need?
Try this:

punhetas

Nov 2, 2016
If you get weird graphical bugs delete the stuff (your save files are in here too so make a copy elsewhere) in this folder C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\OST_Game. Then relaunching the game should create new files there.

I think some older version's settings might conflict with the new game and create a bit of a mess.
Thanks, that worked to fix the shadows and greyness.

muschi123

Dec 4, 2017
Is there anything to do after the short swimming pool scene? I tried 2 of my saves as well as the one that was provided with the update but I can´t go to sleep. Only thing I can interact with is the nightstand next to the bed but not the bed itself. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Anon Nimus

rushmen9

Aug 9, 2018
Fix crash issue

1.Installation
2.Paste missing files dxvk-1.10.3.rar open it ->C:Main folder\OST_Game\Binaries\Win64 &
must be copied here as well ---> \OST_Game\Binaries\Win64\D3D12
3.After that, just enjoy it

manmydeath

Jul 23, 2022
When i try to run the exe I get "The following components are required to run this program: Microsoft Visual C++ runtime" but I have c++ runtime installed already. How do i fix this?

manmydeath

Jul 23, 2022
Fix crash issue

1.Installation
2.Paste missing files dxvk-1.10.3.rar open it ->C:Main folder\OST_Game\Binaries\Win64 &
must be copied here as well ---> \OST_Game\Binaries\Win64\D3D12
3.After that, just enjoy it
I copied and pasted them as you said but still get the error

Deleted member 361485

Jan 4, 2018
If you get weird graphical bugs delete the stuff (your save files are in here too so make a copy elsewhere) in this folder C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\OST_Game. Then relaunching the game should create new files there.

I think some older version's settings might conflict with the new game and create a bit of a mess.
This fixed some of the visual issues for me.

HOWEVER the mystery deepens as I was getting like 30fps, yet...my system wasn't running hot??

So I checked the usage in task manager and wow, my Nvidia GPU was only using like 4-6%

Any tech bros have ideas? Never encountered that with a game before.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes