Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
After talking to the neighboor at day 3, check the closet in Kira's room, she gets new clothes and then check the door again.
What really confuses me is the shark-thing near the pool. You can interact with it, but it looks like the scene doesn't triggers ? Searched all around the house, but to no avail :/

Also yeah, if Auril start adding choices, then we need a save system. Speedruning through the game to see what happens if you say no took me 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back lmao

pajamapanda

May 10, 2020
Speedruning through the game to see what happens if you say no took me 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back lmao
I thought that was an option trick, maybe it is in the future editions. Say no and Alice/Brother come for you or the Rabbit and Alice come for you later on. Say yes and whatever happens happens at Alice's house (haven't played through that option yet). Lot of complaints in earlier comments but this is Auril's best work to date in my opinion I love how much of a thriller this game is the first time playing it.

pajamapanda

May 10, 2020
Auril is absolutely knocking this effort out of the PARK. I have a few thoughts if she wants them:

Ideas for the Dev:
1) I agree with others that being able to skip from day to day would be a good feature if there is no save system, especially for this game where the linearity of the story is set in stone
2) It would take more hours than is probably worth it to the developer but a simulator/gallery/pick-your-person sex thing between Kira and the other characters would be really cool. Even if as a side-release (because it would be "easier" to construct that way)
3) Story branching is a nightmare to program because you're essentially making two, three, multiple different games at once in terms of the scene structure but with the thriller nature of this game it would lend itself well. Example: choosing whether or not to get the pizza card, a consequence if you DON'T feed the green-eyed cat, little things like that. Nightmare to do, I understand.
4) Outfit change. Kira is super hot, 'character customization' seems like an unnecessary time investment but different outfits would be a nice touch (5-10 different looks)
5) This is more realism focused: a bigger reaction from Kira to the world around her. Why are the dog's eyes glowing red, when did it suddenly become stormy, the awful dream of people breaking in is treated as an afterthought, a bigger reaction to being stuck in a window, to being stuck in a window and the rabbit groping her, to being fucked by the rabbit while stuck in a window and with no control over what's going on. She shrugs it off almost and that situation breaks the realism of things because one, for a window to slam on the lower back with enough weight to be unable to get out of it, that would seriously hurt. (Idea, maybe have the window slam down then pan over and the rabbit is holding the top of the window?) Have Kira notice that the pizza driver's eyes look different than they usually do, that Justin's cousin has the same eyes as the pizza driver. Little stuff
6) You've never done this in your games and I don't expect you to do it, but it would be cool if we could control the sex animations a bit, speed of the animation would be the easiest to implement. Control over the animations themselves would break the role of the animations in the story itself so that's out of the question.

Overall: Outstanding work Auril. Easily your best to date. Great narrative structure, thrilling and exciting moments where the player doesn't know what's going to happen next, what is real or what is not. And you've written it so well that every little step is beautifully suggested yet hidden in the events and Kira's acknowledgement of different things so the game is easy to follow with all of those clues while not spoon-feeding the player. Really well done. Looking forward to the rest of the story!

orly

Feb 15, 2018
So I'm stuck. I went up the attic after I answered the door on day 3. Now I don't have the option to change.

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
Nothing happens on Day Three for me, I really don't want to go through it over and over either, is it a choice problem?

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
I have the same issue with day three, after talking with the neighbour, then clicking on the inflatable orca at the pool, which didn't trigger anything, I could not find anything else to do, except using the exercise machine, look at myself in the mirror, and go up and down the attic ladder.

and when day 3 started, I couldn't move with the WASD keys, until I pressed the ESc key and click continue.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Gotta agree with others. Although I love the game, im also at the point where its just plain tedious to replay every update. Although considering its Auril im kinda used to it. However something about this game is even worse to replay then the Warcraft ones. I think it has to be a combination of the small house, bad camera, and wonkey ass moving mechanics. Gallery cant come soon enough.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I don't know why they haven't added a save system to any of their games
I'm gonna say it's incompetence. Their games essentially boil down to walking around and pressing the E key for some basic interactions in order to get from scene to scene. Every Auril game that I've played has been like that. So the groundwork for that has been in place for a long time. When their games did have a save feature, it was implemented by someone else. Since that person quit the games have not had a save system.

Just the ability to pick a day to start at would work.
Agreed. But if I recall correctly there was at least one build that changed some things that were already in earlier builds. So in cases like that starting off at the point where you left off means missing out on some stuff.

(haven't played through that option yet)
Changelog says the no option is not yet implemented.

It would take more hours than is probably worth it to the developer but a simulator/gallery/pick-your-person sex thing between Kira and the other characters would be really cool.
Auril's games have had a gallery for some time now. It wouldn't surprise me if this game got one as well. Although I don't think the galleries always had all the scenes available in the game in them.

for a window to slam on the lower back with enough weight to be unable to get out of it, that would seriously hurt.
You know, we're basically dealing with a 'stepbrother, I'm stuck' situation. So I don't really think realism is of much concern. And the whole setting of the game doesn't exactly give me a realistic feeling anyway.

How change the keyboard key ?
If you want to be able to use WASD but are using an alternate keyboard layout like Azerty, then change the keyboard layout in Windows. If you want further control, then third party software like AutoHotKey is an option.

Jstain

Pubic Hair Enthusiast
Donor
Jun 27, 2018
Is there still not a save feature or anything? Having to replay the entire thing each release is pretty annoying.

Edit: Nevermind, I really should read the thread first.

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
The idea behind the new scene is ok, but hell it's short, just a scene added really. Choice option came from no where and with the replay horrors here you tend to jump through dialogue without a care sadly.

Reactions: Jstain

Jstain

Pubic Hair Enthusiast
Donor
Jun 27, 2018
The idea behind the new scene is ok, but hell it's short, just a scene added really. Choice option came from no where and with the replay horrors here you tend to jump through dialogue without a care sadly.
I was clicking through the dialogue options too fast and hit no on accident... it took what seemed like an hour to get to the new content and now I'm pretty annoyed that I have to replay the whole thing. Knowing it's a short scene though I'm not going to even bother until the next update.

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
I was clicking through the dialogue options too fast and hit no on accident... it took what seemed like an hour to get to the new content and now I'm pretty annoyed that I have to replay the whole thing. Knowing it's a short scene though I'm not going to even bother until the next update.
I had one scene, wasn't too very long, also it cut me away to it.

Veniat

Aug 15, 2017
I'm gonna say it's incompetence. Their games essentially boil down to walking around and pressing the E key for some basic interactions in order to get from scene to scene.
I did a quick google to check how save games are usually implemented in UE, it'd take me about 5-10 mins work coding to implement a save feature, another 30-60 to implement a gallery system in the main menu directly depending on how they coded scenes.

So yeah, it's probably incompetence; though if it's coded real bad you'd have to add an extra day for refactoring, more for testing.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
it'd take me about 5-10 mins work coding to implement a save feature, another 30-60 to implement a gallery system in the main menu directly depending on how they coded scenes
Interesting that a save system would take less time than a gallery, considering a Auril has implemented galleries in their games lately. Does make me wonder if there could be another reason behind it.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes