Others Java Simbro Reloaded Dev Journal [PC only]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
Sin título.png

Well, I dont know if because is friday or what, but looking how Julia event work
I felt very, very bored reading the dialogues and the different paths that this event takes. So I decide to cut it roughly.
I personally find so much dialogue unnecessary.

If you still believe that it is unfair, I upload the text file for whoever wants to complete it. But for now I will work on this shortened version since I am interested in focusing more on the other mechanics that I must program (like the logic of recruiting and managing the party)

you need use yarn editor:

here is the file (zip)

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
as you find in the last hotfix we can now enter to the bar. for the next update i going to add the original interactions and some bonus.

Although I take the opportunity to say ... I feel more tempted to exploit the possibilities for female prota here than male prota.

( o )( o )

May 12, 2019
Well... personally I was never much into the whole Simbro dialogues. Some things were even completely strange, like Julia's decision to leave and you have to tell her that you love her for staying in the brothel (wtf?!?). Therefore my opinion is: story is less important than the gameplay. But I've read that one user here really loved the relationship between Alice and the main hero, therefore I wouldn't change the Alice dialogue. And yes I can feel with you about the female protagonist: you can do so much more naughty things with a female hero. Would be great of you therefore to offer some big differences for the male one too. I mean the male one even got the big problem of workers who try to fuck him for raising their earnings.

And sorry for showing those typo mistakes (especially because my English isn't perfect like you are all aware of for sure) but maybe you do appreciate my commentaries:

1. I want to hear her out firts. <-- first

Alice quicly left the cabinet leavint you with the shy girl. <--- quickly + leaving

Ok.I want to hire you by 60 per day. now you can put your pants <--- (I am not sure but is there an "on" missing?)

Reactions: quarzo

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
dont worrie, precisely any correction and opinion is what I am looking for when I ask these questions, I will correct the typing errors Asap.

the " now you can put your pants " is if you use the "fuck her" path,

It is also a result of how tiring I was doing the event to read the original dialogues >.<

About Julia is one of the characters that can have a good future, could try to make a love triangle between the protagonist, Alice and her.

Or even if at first she was a shy girl, by corrupting herself so quickly, she also attracted the dark side to Alice in some event.

more work done today: --added to the female skeleton slots for long hair and glasses
added bargirl haircut + glases and julia haircut

( o )( o )

May 12, 2019
dont worrie, precisely any correction and opinion is what I am looking for when I ask these questions, I will correct the typing errors Asap.

the " now you can put your pants " is if you use the "fuck her" path,

It is also a result of how tiring I was doing the event to read the original dialogues >.<

About Julia is one of the characters that can have a good future, could try to make a love triangle between the protagonist, Alice and her.

Or even if at first she was a shy girl, by corrupting herself so quickly, she also attracted the dark side to Alice in some event.

more work done today: --added to the female skeleton slots for long hair and glasses
added bargirl haircut + glases and julia haircut
I just know that Julia is for sure my type. X) But I don't have any idea which purpose you could give for the dating events... just know that Julia get a special dress if you go out with her. A Chinese looking, very classy one. Guess the simple goal for dating Alice is simply getting into her pants and corrupting her so she could do some more "work" for you too. Anyways, I do know that topic is completely different but you've mentioned the possibility to make own dresses for your game version. Would it be possible to do the same with hairs?

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
I do know that topic is completely different but you've mentioned the possibility to make own dresses for your game version. Would it be possible to do the same with hairs?
yes, you can.
since i have now the slots for the hair skeleton here is the template with some examples.

I must clarify that being a compiled code it is not something that you could add directly to the game yourself. you must pass me the png that you want to appear in the game. just follow a couple of simple rules

bassically the rules are: keep the baselayer size and dont move the face position. create or adapt the new hair on these reference.

if you make a long hair cut i need it is split in two part like the examples: the main hair and the back hair. it is for draw order and for apply a little movement animation.

when you have the haircut, just hide the face layer and export the png file format and make sure uncheck convert to sRGB.

you can use photoshop or any other app for do this, the important is keep the image size (base layer).

(template reupload at firts post)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ( o )( o )

( o )( o )

May 12, 2019
yes, you can.
since i have now the slots for the hair skeleton here is the template with some examples.

I must clarify that being a compiled code it is not something that you could add directly to the game yourself. you must pass me the png that you want to appear in the game. just follow a couple of simple rules

bassically the rules are: keep the baselayer size and dont move the face position. create or adapt the new hair on these reference.

if you make a long hair cut i need it is split in two part like the examples: the main hair and the back hair. it is for draw order and for apply a little movement animation.

when you have the haircut, just hide the face layer and export the png file format and make sure uncheck convert to sRGB.

you can use photoshop or any other app for do this, the important is keep the image size (base layer).
Thanks a lot! Am I able to use that template for male hairs too? And... thanks to our artist friend here NUBESROJAS and your great afford I was inspired to offer you my help too: if you wish I could give you slightly improved backgrounds. It's not a big deal but could spare you some free time and I would really love to help you out. Will give you examples of the glory hole background (first photo is the original one but without the annoying menus) and you simply decide which one you prefer (or if you want to accept my help ofc) and then I would do the same with the other game backgrounds.

• Red Heart
Reactions: quarzo

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
Thanks a lot! Am I able to use that template for male hairs too?

A/ the male head have their own template,because the hair must match all the other heads.
I still did not decide what the final functioning of the male customization will be like, as I must also support the beards. when I've decided I'll publish it

the same goes for body templates, there are certain details that I need to change before publishing them

if you wish I could give you slightly improved backgrounds.
A/ all help in sprites and scenarios is welcome!
but if that's what I'll be talking about when I start creating those screens if you want to give me a hand when I finish doing the bar events and move on to another screen. of the examples you uploaded I like the first 2 (the original, and the dark filter/smoke)

and thank you for collaborating on the project!

( o )( o )

May 12, 2019
Well... the original background I have to make anyways. I mean it's nothing more then a ingame screenshot which gets a bit edited so... will you give the original one and the smokey ones for the future, sure. : ) And about your bartender looks: I've created her in Simbro, could give you the details how to create her in Simbro itself. Maybe that helps you for a template?

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
hi!, i uploaded the demo with the two haircuts.

I loaded them in the template and they were smaller than they should have, so I tried to accommodate it, I don't know if that would be the size you would expect. maybe that error was due to hiding the background layer when you export it

Reactions: elgatobronhas
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes