Others Java Simbro Reloaded Dev Journal [PC only]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
about hair colors, let me explain a bit how the colored custom works.

I dont use multiples variants of the same image, i go by a tricky way, i change it via code at runtime.

so if the original color use light color tones then the color change is better noticeable, but if the original tone is dark, there will hardly be any variations.

for example just replacing the black punk haircut with blue one should work.

I also have no problem adding artificial colors, if you have any color in mind, tell me in rgba or rgba8888 format, like
TEAL = (0, 0.5f, 0.5f, 1);
or
GREEN = (0x00ff00ff);

xdlmao99

May 17, 2019
I do agree with you that there's nothing like it and it's a real shame it was never finished. I really really hope your project reaches completion no matter how long it takes.

Reactions: quarzo

( o )( o )

May 12, 2019
And I have a short question: later in Simbro you are able to visit princess Zelda in some kind of a jungle forest. A carriage will appear. Do you need that carriage as a background or are you going to use it as an object and need it separately as a png image with invisible parts around? And it's possible too to zoom in that carriage. Do you need that zoomed in version too then or are you able to do that by yourself with your program? Here the pictures because maybe that helps better answering my question:

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
You cant take the old version of game and continue the work ? :/
In my personal case, continuing from the original was not an option, since the language that was written has a difficult learning curve and is currently practically obsolete, so I preferred to invest my time making this game from scratch in a language that has more years of life in the future and let me a base to develop more games.
Although the bad thing is, that being something that I am learning on the fly, trial and error, of course, this slows down the creation progress, but it will allow me to cover new projects more quickly in the future.

Reactions: Destriss

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
And I have a short question: later in Simbro you are able to visit princess Zelda in some kind of a jungle forest. A carriage will appear. Do you need that carriage as a background or are you going to use it as an object and need it separately as a png image with invisible parts around? And it's possible too to zoom in that carriage. Do you need that zoomed in version too then or are you able to do that by yourself with your program? Here the pictures because maybe that helps better answering my question:
This is a difficult question, the best thing would be to wait for the time to program that screen, but if I had to answer, I would prefer to use the carriage as an independent object to be able to adapt it more easily to the characters. about zoom, right now I wouldn't know how to do a dynamicall zoom.

The solution with the knowledge that I have right now would be to enlarge the characters (for this reason it also suits me that the carriage is another independent object) at runtime

delta00

Jun 30, 2017
Do you plan to include weapons like the original game?

To edit them if you give me a template or design new weapons

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
Do you plan to include weapons like the original game?

To edit them if you give me a template or design new weapons
Maybe at the end of development I will consider it, for now let's say there will be no weapons

about the punk hair cuts, i love the earings version.

Also tell you a small problem with Zelda's ears, these should go separately to be colored with the character's skin color, otherwise I have no way to control the color of it and it would be affected by the color code of the hair

however I will include it in the game to test the result. give me 15 min

delta00

Jun 30, 2017
Also tell you a small problem with Zelda's ears, these should go separately to be colored with the character's skin color, otherwise I have no way to control the color of it and it would be affected by the color code of the hair
No problems thanks to advice from mister breasts.
Now I save the layers separately and it is easier to edit them

New:the skin color is ok?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ( o )( o )
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes