Others Simbro ResErection [Development Thread]

TheGentleViking

Simbro ResErection Developer
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
Will it be possible to add mods (skins) in a simple way?
We definitely plan to add the capability of modding in skins in the future. To be honest though, the amount of skins you can have loaded at one time will most likely be limited, due to how the characters are made and animated in-game.

• Hey there
Reactions: NavantiaF110

vvvoy

Mar 25, 2022
you should add females clients and adding different class like vip rich etc (more money) normal (the default) and thug (less money rough and possible a fight) also make the clients to have a threesome option would be cool and having 2x money of one if they like it and also gonna a bit interesting the same client would come back and paid a bit more for the same girl a simp mechanic

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
you should add females clients and adding different class like vip rich etc (more money) normal (the default) and thug (less money rough and possible a fight) also make the clients to have a threesome option would be cool and having 2x money of one if they like it and also gonna a bit interesting the same client would come back and paid a bit more for the same girl a simp mechanic
I believe the original did have a client class system. Either way, we do plan to incorporate that. The higher rep you have the better clients you'll receive.

Female clients are also something we wanted to add. We figure female clients will come when your security is high enough and you have a good rep.

Honestly, didn't think about adding threesomes. We might do something like that in the future.

Returning clients, although doable, isn't something we will likely add. This is mostly due to having to save that client's information and designing a mechanic around that "simp mechanic". It's not off the table, it's just not something we're planning to do at this stage.

Reactions: khumak

foible

Aug 29, 2017
speaking of gender... what gender options are planned for the main character? is the artist comfortable with girls having a thick throbbing cock? :unsure:

thanks to you, and your team for taking on this project. (y)
An interesting idea. If memory serves, the original game was meant to have a futa option eventually. But not right from the start. It was going to be something involved with the portal quests in the basement for a female MC. TheGentleViking prolly didn't know about that, and I can't to speak to his intentions. The base intent for this game is to nearly clone the story and most of the mechanics that already existed in the original. From that point on, who knows what they'll come up with.

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
speaking of gender... what gender options are planned for the main character? is the artist comfortable with girls having a thick throbbing cock? :unsure:

thanks to you, and your team for taking on this project. (y)
Yes, Futa is planned as an optional feature of the game. You want chicks with dicks? Just toggle the option on. We are still unsure when this will be incorporated, but it's planned.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Looking forward to trying it. Simbro was always kind of a cheesy game but I liked it. I would definitely really focus on Alice's story though, IMO she was a huge part of the appeal for most people. She should definitely be fuckable, but I definitely think she should blueball the MC for awhile. I also think it makes a lot of sense for her to have somewhat of a voyeur side as well as being somewhat corruptible by her girlfriend who's name I can't remember anymore (Julia?).

I think there's also plenty of options for additional plotlines via the portal to the goblin world as well as things like police raids and maybe some conflicts with some boss level or more organized thugs. Maybe sometimes they kidnap a girl if a thug is a customer. Maybe they have a competing brothell that they try to steal some of your girls to use for. I could definitely see some of the police being corrupt. I could definitely see some loan shark type scenarios that could lead to some naughty content, etc.

Reactions: TheGentleViking

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Yes, Futa is planned as an optional feature of the game. You want chicks with dicks? Just toggle the option on. We are still unsure when this will be incorporated, but it's planned.
I like this each time I hear it.

I have no bias though.

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
This looks so good! I was such a huge fan of the original back on the LoK forum and was really bummed that it died. I have a special place in my heart for the Playshapes art, but yours looks great in its own way. I really hope you succeed!

I know you said you largely wouldn't be changing the game, but does that mean we'll still get all the different recruiting missions like the bank girl and characters like Zelda and Tracer? I could understand avoiding those for copyright reasons but it was a fun way to break up the normal gameplay.

Also, will the same audio be used? I don't even know where you'd find those old moans, etc. but I still love hearing those even in works today. (probably more of my nostalgia boner showing up)

anonnom

Jul 7, 2017
Also, will the same audio be used? I don't even know where you'd find those old moans, etc. but I still love hearing those even in works today. (probably more of my nostalgia boner showing up)
extracting audio from flash is easy enough now with decompilers like JPEXS. lol nostalgia boner. i have those xD

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
This looks so good! I was such a huge fan of the original back on the LoK forum and was really bummed that it died. I have a special place in my heart for the Playshapes art, but yours looks great in its own way. I really hope you succeed!

I know you said you largely wouldn't be changing the game, but does that mean we'll still get all the different recruiting missions like the bank girl and characters like Zelda and Tracer? I could understand avoiding those for copyright reasons but it was a fun way to break up the normal gameplay.

Thank you for the kind words!

Yes, we will keep the recruiting missions. Those characters will be covered under parody so we aren't too worried. However, we may change the recruiting missions a bit. This is mostly due to the number of one time assets needed for each mission, but the characters will stay the same.

We will be using diffrent sounds for the remake. This is largely due to the unknown copyright of those assets. Also, we don't think the old music and moans will mesh well with all the new assets.

foible

Aug 29, 2017

Pretty much everything about the original story/quests will remain the same. Just updates to clean up the dialogue. No copyright issues to use a character that resembles Zelda and has a different name. Parody has a fair bit of leeway when it comes to copyrights/trademarks.

foible

Aug 29, 2017
Thank you for the kind words!

Yes, we will keep the recruiting missions. Those characters will be covered under parody so we aren't too worried. However, we may change the recruiting missions a bit. This is mostly due to the number of one time assets needed for each mission, but the characters will stay the same.

We will be using diffrent sounds for the remake. This is largely due to the unknown copyright of those assets. Also, we don't think the old music and moans will mesh well with all the new assets.
Ha! We answered simultaneously.

• Haha

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I tried a couple of different versions of the original Simbro again yesterday just for nostalgia sake since it's been so long since I played it. Now I remember why I gave up on it. Both of the versions I tried (2.7 something and 2.5 something) have repeatable freezes that end your game on the morning of the Christmas event. I definitely have played through that successfully before but I have no idea what the last version that was somewhat stable was. Maybe 2.3ish? In any case I guess I'll just have to wait for this new take on it.

vvvoy

Mar 25, 2022
y really like to finally reduce alice 35 dignity to 30 when she give you her virginity to complete her route to add more events with her and even if you add new game plus feature to carry her dignity stat to change the early events when she was "pure" it would be a dream come true for many

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
y really like to finally reduce alice 35 dignity to 30 when she give you her virginity to complete her route to add more events with her and even if you add new game plus feature to carry her dignity stat to change the early events when she was "pure" it would be a dream come true for many
Alice is bugged in some versions to where she can get lower dignity that others. She's also bugged in some version to willingly fuck any of your employees (but not you) at the brothell regardless what her dignity is (you call one of them in and ask them what's up and they say something about thinking Alice is hot, at which point you can call her in and she'll fuck them even at max dignity). Some versions she's also fuckable during combat regardless what her dignity is if you lose a fight or a thug grabs her.

I can't remember if her dignity ever gets low enough to work a regular brothell room without bugs but she does get low enough to work a glory hole.

I can't remember what the last somewhat stable version was. I do know that whatever it is I don't have it. Shame.