MrHoly

Aug 16, 2017
It's a .swf (flash) file, so you'll need a flash player for it. I am using the standalone flashplayer (v31) and it works fine for me. Idk how to help further.
nvm I found the problem. I was using a old version of flashplayer. Srry for wasting ya time.

ZoneX95

Mar 28, 2019
I didn't really like this one, even Strumpets is better. There's just nothing to do really and the art style is annoying to the eye.

WolfieKnot

Aug 2, 2017
I tried updating my flash player to the latest version, but the game still flickers at the beginning and won't let me do anything. the other SWF files I have worked fine, this game is labeled as "uncompressed" if that helps. the other I have are labeled as compressed

Apr 30, 2017
Well I guess the 2.7a should be modded, by modding the 2.7B the code won't let Alice dignity drop below 45. But still, I guess if you were the one developing this game, it would be much better than the original SIMBRO team.

I don't think there's any kind of copyright in it and just to save some trouble, you could change the name of the game and some elements as well. I think if you asked Corta permission to use its layout, you could make a big change to all the game fans and make some money too (just an idea)

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Well I guess the 2.7a should be modded, by modding the 2.7B the code won't let Alice dignity drop below 45. But still, I guess if you were the one developing this game, it would be much better than the original SIMBRO team.

I don't think there's any kind of copyright in it and just to save some trouble, you could change the name of the game and some elements as well. I think if you asked Corta permission to use its layout, you could make a big change to all the game fans and make some money too (just an idea)
But there still has to be an active developer involved, in this case tcast just modded the game using his free time to stabilize some parts of the game, but without the intention of doing it for too long. Well, "active" might be the wrong word, at least there should be some progress possible, for now it's just modding, but the are more roots that are splitting into more problems at the moment so I doubt that small modifications will suffice.

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
This is the demo, at the moment it's not a big deal.
Thank you for link.

Repeating: the Patreon has no content. One paragraph without links does not count as content.

If the person (spacedog) who linked is that Patreon's host they really should've gotten stuff up before sharing links to it; if the person who linked was a friend you really did your creator friend a disservice, linking to their stuff before they had set up the basic minimum for a site post for public consumption.
Either way it looks bad and does not encourage support. The original Simbro has the issue of people having abandoned it and receiving money without any work done - this new project won't get any support if people think it's going to be the same.

Onto the demo (humid) linked:
I really like the changes to the character creator. Just with names it makes things 10x easier and better. Numbers don't work for hairstyles, eye colors and the like, especially when there are going to be dozens of them or if they've been ripped from an existing character so that's a plus from me.

Exploration map is interesting, a new twist for me for this type of game.

Combat is ok. Took a bit to realize it was menu commands and object targeting. It's not intuitive but for now it works.

Searching after getting enough berries for two led to bug where I get found by goblins. I have no hp and no options pops up so dead screen (although i can return to menu).
Text cannot be sped through.
Appearances and progress cannot be saved.

Demo is tedious and time consuming to play through at the moment but it's not a bad start.
Starting over and playing through. It's a pain but going to be fair.

ADDED Nvm, go through it all, just one more piece of text after where I got to. They have a long way to go before they catch up to even the first build of Simbro but if they're serious about it then I wish them well.

Nebulous

Aug 11, 2017
Followed this from the beginning, sad to see it abandoned but nvm. Still wonder why remove abandoned projects. (I mean I know why, but it's sleazy). That's a lot of people paying for a whole lot of nothing for almost a year now.

kaizerlith

Jul 22, 2017
I have to wonder if some of those paying don't realize it. Or what do the people still paying think is going to happen? They just pop back up with about $16,330s worth of an update.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
If you compare number of money earned with the number of patrons, you will release that most of them just give $1.

At this point, attrition rate is so slow due to game having so many patrons and people don't caring for $1.

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
it's 1,000 patrons doing 1,600 a month. Likely it's a bunch of people with 1 or 2 bucks recurring who forgot about it and never took it off their cc. They may even have left patreon and webgaming without cancelling and never realized they were still being charged. Or they could even be dead CC accounts that simply fail to collect funds every month but still appear as backers.
At this point it's hard to know (and easy to speculate) why there is such inertia.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
The more time i spend on this mod, the more I realize that I cant do much about how broken this game is. I dont know if i'll continue to work on this in future, but now i'm stopping at current stage.

Here's a version 0.02 of my mod.

- Repair of deadlocks in NY event start. you can now skip all character selection
- After you set roles, NY event just passes by to stage 2 (complete) and no longer blocks other events from happening. As i found out, theres some code missing and NY event cant be fired anyway.
- Deadlock on hero bedroom fixed. you can now use it freely.
- You can now enter gloryhole room, but just like with NY event, due to broken code i cant do anything more
- Proper character editing cant be restored.
- GH gym animations removed (replaced with other)
- Bar girls appear with better chance
- Theres some cheat tweaks in bar dialogs for you to find
- In cabinet cheat menu you can now drop dignity of last summoned person (using one of alice events code)

+ all the things i wrote above after v 0.01

link:

P.S. saves from 2.7b and modded 2.7b work with this version
Well done, I'm enjoying playing again even if I can't use SPONGEBOB to completely customize the girls I hire. No crying from me about that. I'm not sure what you mean by NY events, but if you ever feel up to it, can you dig into the thug shakedown event at the front desk? I just had it trigger, Eva got double-teamed at the reception desk and I fucked the thug leader who left her unique hammer weapon, but interacting with my front desk girl (Eva) threw me into a loop where none of the dialogue choices ends the event. Have to close and start the day over, which risks triggering the event again.

3.50 star(s) 15 Votes