U

User_71462

Where is the debug menu for the staff? Am I missing something or was that removed from the game? I'm not talking about the events menu, I'm strictly speaking of the debug menu that allows you to alter the staff's stats and appearance.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Where is the debug menu for the staff? Am I missing something or was that removed from the game? I'm not talking about the events menu, I'm strictly speaking of the debug menu that allows you to alter the staff's stats and appearance.
As tcast said in an earlier post, in his debugged version he had to remove it to clean up bad code. If you are playing his version the code SPONGEBOB still activates at the menu screen but the functionality is gone. You can still use some features while "peeking" at the girls while they work, but the changes won't stick. Better to edit the savegame with an editor like Minerva to get the changes you want.

Reactions: User_71462
U

User_71462

As tcast said in an earlier post, in his debugged version he had to remove it to clean up bad code. If you are playing his version the code SPONGEBOB still activates at the menu screen but the functionality is gone. You can still use some features while "peeking" at the girls while they work, but the changes won't stick. Better to edit the savegame with an editor like Minerva to get the changes you want.
I understand the reasoning, but damn that takes most of the fun out of the game.

Reactions: SenPC
U

User_71462

You can still play the game with 2.7a and 2.7b together if you want to use "spongebob". Basically one works where one fails, and you can use the same save file between them.
That's a great idea! Thank you for the info.

Reactions: gonomon

habiki

Apr 13, 2019
not "they', i'm alone at this))
I've got 2.7 (not lettered version) and did a compare of decompiled code. 2.7b is much smaller. For example hero cabinet code in 2.7b is 30k lines of code, while in 2.7 where everything works, its 31.9k lines. so theres a huge chunk of everything deleted by devs(dont know if that was a failed code cleanup attempt or done on purpose by some rage quiting dev). Same goes to other sections.
Sadly, you cant just copy and paste code from 2.7 to 2.7b, since theres thousands of function addresses that are just not same.

So far heres some more fixes i made after last update:
- Bedroom repaired. It still trigger only mfm scenes with default models when you summon someone, but there's no longer situations that dead lock game.
- I removed gym scenes from GH (and add some more appropriate scenes)
- You can now enter Gloryhole room, but it still wont let you do anything (like solo join), only peek menu work
- Some tweaks in reception scenes..
- some minor updates

That's it so far. I spent most of that small time, i dedicated to this game, on research rather then modding.

As for save switch. You can use Minerva sol editor to change version number in save file so it would run on older versions. i did that to transfer saves from 2.7b to 2.3 once
Tcast, or any other knowledgeable member,
I am familiar with using minerva to edit .sol save files that the standard game generated, but I cannot find any saves being generated from the Tcast mods (though i can load saved games, so some how they ARE being saved)
Where do they go?

95toLife

Nov 30, 2016
Tcast, or any other knowledgeable member,
I am familiar with using minerva to edit .sol save files that the standard game generated, but I cannot find any saves being generated from the Tcast mods (though i can load saved games, so some how they ARE being saved)
Where do they go?
C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\...

Abaddon0

Dec 8, 2017
Has anyone released 2.7b that works correctly? 2.7b fixed some things but broke others, like the last time I played, the Christmas event didn't work. Although the tcast mod added some cool bits, no matter who I click on for the Christmas event, it always says: 'no, [male character name] is not suitable to play Lady Santa.'

Last edited:

RJP

Aug 12, 2017
After unlock Korra, she repeats every event, cant reach the others like the princess.

foible

Aug 29, 2017
Has anyone released 2.7b that works correctly? 2.7b fixed some things but broke others, like the last time I played, the Christmas event didn't work. Although the tcast mod added some cool bits, no matter who I click on for the Christmas event, it always says: 'no, [male character name] is not suitable to play Lady Santa.'
2.7b Christmas event is completely broken. Huge chunks of code missing. If you want to play 2.7b, play until the Christmas event, open your save in 2.7a, do the event, save the game, open it back up in 2.7b. Only way around it.

Reactions: Gaboris

Velemir

Jun 26, 2019
Hello all, I recently started to play this game and really liked it. I feel sorry that this game is dead. However I see here many fans willing to help. I am a programmer with some free time. All I need is a designer and source code to work with. Anyone would like to help.

Reactions: Kuf_Drahrepus

Velemir

Jun 26, 2019
Oh I'm sorry, I thought when you were saying about the code that is mess etc. I was thinking that you have source code.
Perhaps there is a way to contact with someone from Simbro team and ask for project source code ?

tcast

May 15, 2018
Oh I'm sorry, I thought when you were saying about the code that is mess etc. I was thinking that you have source code.
Perhaps there is a way to contact with someone from Simbro team and ask for project source code ?
There are 2 things point to what i said. But i wasnt the first to dig in that and come to that conclusion.
1st an old post of developers on other forum with code screenshot and their words about how they struggling with it and beg patrons to wait. The funny thing is that screenshot also represented obfuscated code after disassembly.
2nd what you actually see when you disassemble code

based on 1st you probably wont get any help from them

Velemir

Jun 26, 2019
How about assets and animations ? I was wondering if I could re-create the game, or actually make a completely new one basing on simbro, but not using flash, rather with html/javascript. Im the full time web developer with years of experience. Also the server, database, registration system and whole backend is not a problem for me. The only thing that I don't know how to extract are assets from this game and what is most important, those animations from sex scenes. I would need them as separate sprites/gifs/png/svg whatever but possible to insert into webpage along with html and js

Abaddon0

Dec 8, 2017
At the moment, I'd settle for a functioning version of the game at 2.7b. Tcast mod is great but can't fix everything wrong with the game. Christmas doesn't work and the sol editors I've tried to download seem to get error messages when I try to open the save files.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
How about assets and animations ?
Almost everything of consequence is contained in Corta's character template, which last I checked was free to use with Corta's permission.
Nobody is going to miss the shitty backgrounds and map, might as well start over with those.

3.50 star(s) 15 Votes