Ren'Py Simple Beginnings [Ep. 5 v1.5.0 BETA] [Barbiecued]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Aug 3, 2023
I wonder if this game will have complex ending, if it's abandon before that like so many create games here...

But first I'm gone download and watch this one...

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Barbiecued

Curious Observation :

When Jenny was climbing the steps to the cinema, she was wearing different footwear, then when she first went to the mall/old shops section .

Did she also get new footwear ?
( That wasn't shown, :() She'd also need a, new pair of heels, to go with that DRESS :love: )
or,
Was that a "continuity error" between renders ?

PS - Do you plan to have a Discord (it's a good place to discuss the game, get feed-back, do 'Poll's', post 'bugs', errors, etc.) ?
(also, it's "ankles" . . . not "ancles" . . . :))

Ep2 - Lol, I had to read this twice, Ethan says, "I forgot that part, hug ? " . . . after not seeing the next image to be expected . . . Ethan fighting off all the girls trying to "Hug" him . . . :oops:, :ROFLMAO: .

I think you actually meant Ethan to say this . . . "I forgot that part, huh ? " ;)

Also, . . . the "Music" slider in Episode 2, stopped working . . . only the "Sound" slider had any effect on changing the music loudness .

EDIT #1 :
Correction . . . It seems the "Music Slider", is now controlling the "Sounds", other than Music , and the "Sound Slider" is controlling the "Music Volume" :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Barbiecued

Barbiecued

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2019
Barbiecued

Curious Observation :

When Jenny was climbing the steps to the cinema, she was wearing different footwear, then when she first went to the mall/old shops section .

Did she also get new footwear ?
( That wasn't shown, :() She'd also need a, new pair of heels, to go with that DRESS :love: )
or,
Was that a "continuity error" between renders ?

PS - Do you plan to have a Discord (it's a good place to discuss the game, get feed-back, do 'Poll's', post 'bugs', errors, etc.) ?
(also, it's "ankles" . . . not "ancles" . . . :))

Ep2 - Lol, I had to read this twice, Ethan says, "I forgot that part, hug ? " . . . after not seeing the next image to be expected . . . Ethan fighting off all the girls trying to "Hug" him . . . :oops:, :ROFLMAO: .

I think you actually meant Ethan to say this . . . "I forgot that part, huh ? " ;)

Also, . . . the "Music" slider in Episode 2, stopped working . . . only the "Sound" slider had any effect on changing the music loudness .

EDIT #1 :
Correction
. . . It seems the "Music Slider", is now controlling the "Sounds", other than Music , and the "Sound Slider" is controlling the "Music Volume" :oops:
I'll make corrections and fixes for these issues for episode 3, thanks!

I do have a discord channel made, but I've put it on ice because of work, social life and this as a project of mine takes precedence at the moment. Right now, while the following is small, I'd rather communicate here on f95 or Patreon until episode 3 or 4 at least. But I do see the necessity for that later on.

I had some plans to make polls for art/commissions/promos/music etc a Patron privilege. But we'll see how it goes. Right now I'm just releasing promoshoots with characters for Patron members and planning on early access with episode 3 or 4.

EDIT: I tried to make my thoughts a bit more clear

Last edited:

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
I am a bit confused (pretty much a natural state for me anyway tho)...It says in the Changelog that it is Episode 2. It also says that " No changes made to previous episode."

I already played the demo earlier. Does it mean I shouldn't bother playing it again then? Just curious. Really like the start of this and look forward to future updates as you find time to work on it. Thanks!

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
I am a bit confused (pretty much a natural state for me anyway tho)...It says in the Changelog that it is Episode 2. It also says that " No changes made to previous episode."

I already played the demo earlier. Does it mean I shouldn't bother playing it again then? Just curious. Really like the start of this and look forward to future updates as you find time to work on it. Thanks!
Episode 2, starts directly following Episode 1 .
So, you can most likely skip-through Episode 1 , (having played it already ?) .

I had missed the Demo, (was that available/posted, elsewhere ?) and Episode 1 previously .
So I was glad, to be able to play Episode 1, and continue with Episode 2, right after . :giggle:

Now, just waiting for Episode 3 . . . and beyond :love: !

Last edited:

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Just finished Episode 2. Very nicely done once again. The writing is very good and the renders are fantastic. Look forward to the next update.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
It was well done but well following the simple life of two average teenagers with the usual boring everyday stuff was not really entertaining.
More for now the tags are just for future stuff and missleading unfortunately.
So the story was well written but the content was not really interesting, maybe if you are a teenager with the same problems you could find something in this but for me i'm too old to get into it.
It was just the start of course but that story really need some more entertaining events.
It's always rhe same your life may seem important to you but other people don't give a shit, you have to keep this in mind when you write a story.

Barbiecued

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2019
Update:

Hey everyone!

I'm releasing Episode 3 titled "Shadows" this coming week on early access on Patreon! And then, depending on how much work the lovely mods on f95zone have, it will be released the following week here on the forums.

The first two episodes I've spent most of the time introducing the players to the main characters, and some of the side-characters, to build some depth to their personalities and motivations.

In this episode we slowly start stirring the plot(pot) and unraveling the motives of some of the relationships around Jenny's life.

As for the structure of the episode, we will continue following Jenny on a day-to-day basis from third person point of view and expand from there and widen it in season 2 to include a more loose and flowing story-telling (like a novel).

As planned there will be three more episodes of season 1 and the aim is to be done with the Beta of season 1 early in january. Once it is completed I will focus on adding voice acting and depending on the season's success, buy licensing for music and change the placeholders already in the game.

The release of the full season 1 will be on Steam and Itch. Any member of Patreon / Subscribestar will receive a free copy of the game on release.

I'm thinking about adding a gallery with unlockable scenes (mostly solo with characters, photoshoots etc) in the game. Let me know if you guys want something like that.

On a last note, I have added a Subscribestar(Barbiecued) page(currently under review) and I have created a X(Twitter) page @ThePrancingPoro and will be adding a Discord channel soon.

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Update:

Hey everyone!

I'm releasing Episode 3 titled "Shadows" this coming week on early access on Patreon! And then, depending on how much work the lovely mods on f95zone have, it will be released the following week here on the forums.

The first two episodes I've spent most of the time introducing the players to the main characters, and some of the side-characters, to build some depth to their personalities and motivations.

In this episode we slowly start stirring the plot(pot) and unraveling the motives of some of the relationships around Jenny's life.

As for the structure of the episode, we will continue following Jenny on a day-to-day basis from third person point of view and expand from there and widen it in season 2 to include a more loose and flowing story-telling (like a novel).

As planned there will be three more episodes of season 1 and the aim is to be done with the Beta of season 1 early in january. Once it is completed I will focus on adding voice acting and depending on the season's success, buy licensing for music and change the placeholders already in the game.

The release of the full season 1 will be on Steam and Itch. Any member of Patreon / Subscribestar will receive a free copy of the game on release.

I'm thinking about adding a gallery with unlockable scenes (mostly solo with characters, photoshoots etc) in the game. Let me know if you guys want something like that.

On a last note, I have added a Subscribestar(Barbiecued) page(currently under review) and I have created a X(Twitter) page @ThePrancingPoro and will be adding a Discord channel soon.
In that Image supplied . . . The long-haired Blonde, to the extreme left, looks like an, Amazon Woman :oops::love:, compared to the, Pony-tailed, Blonde, to her left . (aka, "our" right . . . :sneaky:)

Last edited:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SimpleBeginnings-EP2v1.2Beta
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, this was a nice surprise, actually can pick a lesbian path in this update. Considering that yours truly is a lesbian, I most certainly picked that one of the 3. ;) Thank you for this game, really been enjoying it, and looking forward for more.

Barbiecued

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2019
I'm getting an 'uncaught exception' on this one which crashes my game. Looking for a fix?
You're going to have to give me a bit more information so I can help you. But the one thing that comes to mind is; Did you use an old save from episode 2? In the latest release you have to start a new game because of some changes made to the previous episode. If you start an old save some variables will be missing for the new gameplay to work properly.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes