Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Hi. I translated the game into Russian.

There are many lines in the game (about a thousand) that need to be encapsulated in _() in order for them to be translated. These are the names of all the children, car brands from the car dealership, statistics of the main character, information about the girls, information in the PC, days of the week, inputs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sometimes double underscores are required.

Since mcInventoryList is a list, and the .append() method is used to add a value to the dictionary, Renpy does not identify such strings as those that need to be translated, so you first need to find untranslated words in the game, then find them in the scripts, then update the translation.

Since many strings are duplicated, such strings need to be processed in all places.
Probably the game will be translated by other people, so this problem is relevant to all potential translators.

Since the author of the game uses English, he may simply not know which strings need to be encapsulated in _() immediately, because he is not confronted with untranslated words.

But with each new game update, the situation probably will not change, and each time you have to handle all the old strings + new ones. There are 1k now. In a year it will be 2k.

Reactions: CircaAD

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Has anyone encountered a bug where the day doesn't change and you always have Wednesday, no matter what you do?

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
You can get Ema knocked up in Chapter 1 and have sex with her again in Chapter 2 but no second pregnancy

Elena you can't steal but you can knock her up (once) and have her as a side piece.
As a matter of fact, one of the new features in v0.17 is that the protagonist can bonk Ema at night in the new house (Ema must have a child before, and also the encounter at the club must've happened as well).
From the dev's Patreon:
17. Ema - move in new bedroom -75% completed
17.1 Ema sex at night (only if she has child and you had sex in the club) - 40% completed

• Love
Reactions: timpo and CircaAD

jamiehmcw91

May 28, 2021
As a matter of fact, one of the new features in v0.17 is that the protagonist can bonk Ema at night in the new house (Ema must have a child before, and also the encounter at the club must've happened as well).
From the dev's Patreon:
17. Ema - move in new bedroom -75% completed
17.1 Ema sex at night (only if she has child and you had sex in the club) - 40% completed
Why would u want Elena as a side peiece fuck James take her off him.

May 18, 2019
Why would u want Elena as a side peiece fuck James take her off him.
Thats just the way the game has been written so far. MegaLono hasn't had made it where we can steal either Elena or Ema from James...yet. Not sure if he will but the best you can do in the current build is have sex with Ema at the beginning and impregnate her followed by banging her at the night club.

jamiehmcw91

May 28, 2021
Thats just the way the game has been written so far. MegaLono hasn't had made it where we can steal either Elena or Ema from James...yet. Not sure if he will but the best you can do in the current build is have sex with Ema at the beginning and impregnate her followed by banging her at the night club.
Is Ema drunk when you fuck her in the club

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Any new content for the main story progression since last I've played Jan 11, 2023?
well 16 came jan 18 which was mostly just invites in to new house which will happen in next update and was 1 mission in regard to story progress toward ch3

i do see one thing now that will make lots of ppl happy beeing added to changelog
1681130572576.png

and apparently there is info about when will be ready too
1681130754385.png

loqex

Aug 5, 2016
MC is busy nation building I see. 5 kids per female companion/spouse..

I foresee nepotism at it's finest! Or fractured chaos.

Simple Days will eventually become Game of Throne days.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Stareagle lord

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
MC is busy nation building I see. 5 kids per female companion/spouse..

I foresee nepotism at it's finest! Or fractured chaos.

Simple Days will eventually become Game of Throne days.
Do you believe the protagonist's offspring might be able to overtake the island one day? He might be able to, depending on certain choices made. ;)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Stareagle lord

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
I'm writing some script, so I'm using the folder with the translation files from Simple days for the test
And I accidentally found some errors:

Code:
        text _("{size=-6}{color=ff0066}Love:{/color} [AnnaAttr] {/size}"):
            xpos 100 yalign 0.29
        text _("{size=-6}With you {/size}"):
            xpos 100 yalign 0.32
        if ((AnnaPregn == True and (AnnaPregnAnonce == 15 or AnnaPregnAnonce == 0)) or (AnnaSperm == True and AnnaPregn == False)):
            text _("{size=-6}{color=ff00cc}Pregnant??{/color}{/size}"):
                xpos 100 yalign 0.35
        elif AnnaPregn == True:
            text _("{size=-6}{color=ff00cc}Pregnant {/color}{/size}"):
                xpos 100 yalign 0.35
        elif AnnaOvulKnow == False and AnnaPregn == False:
            text _("{size=-6}{color=ff00cc}Ovulated ???{/color}{/size}"):
                xpos 100 yalign 0.35
        elif AnnaOvulKnow == True and AnnaPregn == False:
            text _("{size=-6}{color=ff00cc}Ovul. on [AnnaOvul]{/color}{/size}"):
                xpos 100 yalign 0.35
        elif OvulDayAnnaTemp >= 0 and OvulDayAnnaTemp < 4 and AnnaPregn == False:
            text _("{size=-6}{color=ff00cc}Ovulated {/color}{/size}"):
                xpos 100 yalign 0.35
This is only a fraction of the lines with # between = and color
It is only a part of such lines for example, not all of them

Here are the tags with the error.On the right is the number of mentions in all the files
{color=9966ff} -- Mentions: 64
{color=ff0066} -- Mentions: 22
{color=ff00cc} -- Mentions: 55
{color=ffcccc} -- Mentions: 35

megalono

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2020
I'm writing some script, so I'm using the folder with the translation files from Simple days for the test
And I accidentally found some errors:

Code:
        text _("{size=-6}{color=ff0066}Love:{/color} [AnnaAttr] {/size}"):
            xpos 100 yalign 0.29
        text _("{size=-6}With you {/size}"):
            xpos 100 yalign 0.32
        if ((AnnaPregn == True and (AnnaPregnAnonce == 15 or AnnaPregnAnonce == 0)) or (AnnaSperm == True and AnnaPregn == False)):
            text _("{size=-6}{color=ff00cc}Pregnant??{/color}{/size}"):
                xpos 100 yalign 0.35
        elif AnnaPregn == True:
            text _("{size=-6}{color=ff00cc}Pregnant {/color}{/size}"):
                xpos 100 yalign 0.35
        elif AnnaOvulKnow == False and AnnaPregn == False:
            text _("{size=-6}{color=ff00cc}Ovulated ???{/color}{/size}"):
                xpos 100 yalign 0.35
        elif AnnaOvulKnow == True and AnnaPregn == False:
            text _("{size=-6}{color=ff00cc}Ovul. on [AnnaOvul]{/color}{/size}"):
                xpos 100 yalign 0.35
        elif OvulDayAnnaTemp >= 0 and OvulDayAnnaTemp < 4 and AnnaPregn == False:
            text _("{size=-6}{color=ff00cc}Ovulated {/color}{/size}"):
                xpos 100 yalign 0.35
This is only a fraction of the lines with # between = and color
It is only a part of such lines for example, not all of them

Here are the tags with the error.On the right is the number of mentions in all the files
{color=9966ff} -- Mentions: 64
{color=ff0066} -- Mentions: 22
{color=ff00cc} -- Mentions: 55
{color=ffcccc} -- Mentions: 35
What is the error exactly? I just can't see any problem. Maybe I don't know something about Ren'Py. Thank you.

3.90 star(s) 94 Votes