Collection Mod Others Sims 4 Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

simpai

Jul 14, 2019
I was wondering, since there are a lot of sl swatches on hair (plus dark root versions) should i get all colors both dark roots and no roots? or would you guys prefer narrowed down versions? and i'm not sure how many swatches are ideal for sims so you guys can determine how many swatches i save

Nooh76251

Apr 18, 2019
I wouldn't really worry about it. Unlike some of the very petty creators in our community, SL creators aren't really trolling places looking for us. I would like to think they don't mind as we're not claiming anything as our own or reselling them.
I think so too!
But my friends tell me not to use this hair for screenshots, because by doing so I will offend the original creator of this gorgeous hair... And so I look at this hair in CAS and cry. Because this hair is just one of the best hair I have ever seen! My sims are so pretty in them and I would love to share these screenshots. And so I decided to ask here maybe someone knows the real attitude of Doux to this.
But I think I have no choice anyway, because I don't want my friends to think I’m a bad person, even if I myself think that there is nothing wrong with it...
I just will cry on :cry:

And thanks to everyone who makes these conversions, because it really is the best Sim hair I've ever had! (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: vallserina
D

Deleted member 909046

I think so too!
But my friends tell me not to use this hair for screenshots, because by doing so I will offend the original creator of this gorgeous hair... And so I look at this hair in CAS and cry. Because this hair is just one of the best hair I have ever seen! My sims are so pretty in them and I would love to share these screenshots. And so I decided to ask here maybe someone knows the real attitude of Doux to this.
But I think I have no choice anyway, because I don't want my friends to think I’m a bad person, even if I myself think that there is nothing wrong with it...

And thanks to everyone who makes these conversions, because it really is the best Sim hair I've ever had! (y)
He probably doesnt like that we mess with his creations but feel free to use the hair on screenshots its not you who converted the hair you can say that if someone calls you out for them, ive seen some screenshots on tumblr with the hair ive converted so i guess u wont be the only one having screenshots posted

SimsHair

Jan 28, 2021
In blender 2.79 my hair looks "perfect" when saved and I take it to blender 2.70 it looks like this, bald.
I'm 2 days trying to make a single conversion, but everything seems so difficult, I'm almost crying.

1611926353905.png
1611926372389.png

StHunters

Jan 18, 2021
I think so too!

Better yet, take a look at the Simstogram - there are all posts with hair from SL)) You will be surprised - but people do not hesitate to upload photos with converted hair)

SimsHair

Jan 28, 2021
First of all idk if you made a mistake or the hair is like this but right now they are 2 million poly they wont be imported to s4studio
I think I'm going to give up, I bought some SL hair to convert but I couldn't apply any in the blender, I feel frustrated and stupid at the same time, thank you for your help and for the conversions.

D

Deleted member 909046

I think I'm going to give up, I bought some SL hair to convert but I couldn't apply any in the blender, I feel frustrated and stupid at the same time, thank you for your help and for the conversions.
i cant tell what you did wrong just by looking at an image but i guess many things if you want your problems solved upload blend files with the images but not this one, im not opening a 2million poly on my pc cause it will explode

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
In blender 2.79 my hair looks "perfect" when saved and I take it to blender 2.70 it looks like this, bald.
I'm 2 days trying to make a single conversion, but everything seems so difficult, I'm almost crying.

View attachment 1009454
View attachment 1009455
This is a problem with the way Blender shows transparency. It will not look that way in game, trust me. Also, I'm assuming all those polys are from subdividing the reference mesh? If not, you need to really decimate that hair down but that might destroy it.

D

Deleted member 3137218

Maybe we can organize something like a small fund to acquire the content we want - I don't know how to organize it better, but this is the beginning of the idea...we have a shelter where we can discuss the details - well, I don’t know, it’s just somehow wrong that only a few people share. I can’t convert - but I can contribute to the fund to acquire the things/hair/clother
if it's something that can't be demo'd or isn't rez'd, then do that. most items on the grid are both so i wouldn't worry. the only thing that usually isn't is gacha but you can also buy from the marketplace and send to users here as gifts.

if you're looking for items to convert, if you go to the copybot forum, there's sections where people have shared content. you can pull from there.
(goonsquad.co)

I'd suggest using Darkstorm for now. So when you save the mesh as an dae format and open it up in Blender - it will show the parts of the mesh separately and not just one prim. It saves you quite a lot of time.
word of caution: darkstorm may or may not be a backdoor. entire reason why hydrastorm came about and we have two forums (king goon vs goonsquad) for two different viewers is because darkstorm was left unsupported with no explanation. it leaves a nasty opportunity for other bad actors to do something shitty on the grid. there's been stories of people having their inventories hijacked and their accounts depleted which is why i don't really use darkstorm anymore. i don't think that happens as much NOW but i do remember years ago it was a huge issue. also, i don't even think it works with windows 10 properly. it's why i stopped using it. hydra is continually supported (gingko is one of the foudners) and they're all solid people (who hate legacy body lol. which i get bc the amount of real life info you have to put to get a dev kit to make THEM money is unnerving)

revelator is another option but it's an older viewer and also left unsupported. it is laggy compared to hydra (which piggybacks off firestorm) but if you keep your inventory low and stay out of crowded events, you should be fine.

D

Deleted member 3137218

this was a reminder (or a cry for help) for me to purge the 15,000+ items in my inventory. i buy a lot on the marketplace and from gacha machines. one thing about this is that you will eventually spend money in this game. pirates do spend money on content. they just like to have the option whether or not to do so.

EmWberRXYAAzqOY.jpg

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
this was a reminder (or a cry for help) for me to purge the 15,000+ items in my inventory. i buy a lot on the marketplace and from gacha machines. one thing about this is that you will eventually spend money in this game. pirates do spend money on content. they just like to have the option whether or not to do so.

View attachment 1010211
Honestly same. I've been playing second life on and off for a while. Last I stopped was when I realized I was just using it as a shopping simulator except with real money. At-least now it'll go towards something somewhat useful, lol.

larsxlana

Nov 10, 2019
Could one of you angels convert any of these hairs <3

pretty please with a cherry on top :D

Reactions: emilye swan
D

Deleted member 3270429

The quick way is using the decimate modifier, but you don't have control over which vertexes it removes. If you want have control over what gets removed to make it look better you'll have to merge things manually, but it's very time consuming. You can also try other programs that have retopology tools
Can you recommend me some retopology tools? I'm a noob who just had the courage to learn basic blender, I've tried to convert this SL bed to sims 4, it looks ok but the polygon is really high (about 56k polygons)

after I removed doubles and decimated the mesh, now it has 8642 polygons but the mesh look "deformed" :cry: :cry: :cry: with an ugly dark cast all over the surface of the mesh and a few small texture holes. I can tell that some visible parts (like the bed's headboard) are distorted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.