Collection Mod Others Sims 4 Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

simpai

Jul 14, 2019
Do I need to buy hair in SL to convert?
No you can use demos and or take it right off someone elses avatar but only downside to taking it off a avi is you dont get all hair colors you only get the one theyre wearing. (and if they catch you copybotting) so best option is demos or buying,but both work.

D

Deleted member 909046

View attachment 993244
This one works with hats, i cloned the package from a simpliciaty hairstyle you can clone this one for hairs like these it has a second mesh group for each hat version so they clay part works on the hat versions too
Credit for the hair and textures goes to Doux from second life
I updated the link to this one. i noticed it looked flat on the top of the head so i fixed it a little if you want download again and replace the old one

SimsHair

Jan 28, 2021
No you can use demos and or take it right off someone elses avatar but only downside to taking it off a avi is you dont get all hair colors you only get the one theyre wearing. (and if they catch you copybotting) so best option is demos or buying,but both work.
1611836116979.png I don't understand SL, I took some DEMO hair but I can't export it in DAE as shown in the video

throatbaby

Jan 27, 2021
hey everyone! not sure if this has been mentioned before, but in the video tutorial i saw that each hair already had a texture immediately assigned to it, but mine doesn't, and i'm not sure how to fix that problem.

Moonny

May 12, 2018
Is there any way to reduce the polygon count in Blender without destroying the mesh? :eek:

And How many amounts of polygons would be suitable to run in sims 4? I've tried to convert some SL objects but even tho the original meshes look beautiful, all of them have really high polygons (20k~ 30k polygons, some even have over 40k). I don't want to fry everyone's VGA
The quick way is using the decimate modifier, but you don't have control over which vertexes it removes. If you want have control over what gets removed to make it look better you'll have to merge things manually, but it's very time consuming. You can also try other programs that have retopology tools

SimsHair

Jan 28, 2021
1611848952510.png
When the hair comes with several layers what do I do to leave just two?

1611849071552.png

1611849148409.png

some layers are on the bottom of the hair and I don't know if I delete them too, the end result is the one in the photo above.

Reactions: Sayah.Santth

Nooh76251

Apr 18, 2019
Hey! Thanks for your work!
I want to ask if it would be okay to take screenshots of characters with these hairstyles and post them somewhere? As far as I know, many authors of sl are against converting their hairstyles to other games and I am afraid of a negative reaction

Reactions: Cove Holden
D

Deleted member 3137218

Converted a few more objects
  • blueberry pie (1.8k poly):
  • apple pie (1.8k poly):
  • recipe book (2k poly):
the food models in SL always look so appetizing! thank you for this!

CanariaRose

Apr 9, 2020
Hello Everyone! Could someone help me? I don't really understand what could be wrong, I want to transform hair called Stealthic Intrepid into sims, but at the last point such an error comes up. Though I checked it all has copies of the same uv maps. Thank you all! if you might need the blender file, what I could be wrong. I would be happy to send you :giggle:
helpme.png help.png

Reactions: Sayah.Santth
D

Deleted member 909046

Hello Everyone! Could someone help me? I don't really understand what could be wrong, I want to transform hair called Stealthic Intrepid into sims, but at the last point such an error comes up. Though I checked it all has copies of the same uv maps. Thank you all! if you might need the blender file, what I could be wrong. I would be happy to send you :giggle:
View attachment 1008498 View attachment 1008499
Create a new uv map from uv_0 and one from uv_1 then delete uv_0 and uv_1 and rename the new uvmaps uv_0 and uv_1

D

Deleted member 2147972

View attachment 1008498 View attachment 1008499
I had same error when I deleted all faces in s4studio_mesh_3 and s4studio_mesh_4. Send me blend file if you want I will check

boomshow

Dec 11, 2020
Can someone tell me what's the difference between getting a low poly or high poly version of some of the converted hairs that are being shared which I really appreciate by the way thanks to everyone who has shared them:giggle:

simpai

Jul 14, 2019
Can someone tell me what's the difference between getting a low poly or high poly version of some of the converted hairs that are being shared which I really appreciate by the way thanks to everyone who has shared them:giggle:
High poly meshes can slow down a weaker computer while it can be perfectly fine for a high power gaming computer. so usually laptop users and weaker graphic and processor users opt for the low poly version so their game wont crash from not being able to handle the high polycount.

Reactions: boomshow
Status
Not open for further replies.