Collection Mod Others Sims 4 Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimsHair

Jan 28, 2021
I have a big question, the hair comes with several layers, I don't know which ones to leave and which to delete in the video shows only two layers, alpha and clay base.

1611878282944.png

boomshow

Dec 11, 2020
High poly meshes can slow down a weaker computer while it can be perfectly fine for a high power gaming computer. so usually laptop users and weaker graphic and processor users opt for the low poly version so their game wont crash from not being able to handle the high polycount.
thanks for explaining :)I have a acer nitro 5 laptop do you think it's fine if I download the high poly versions of the converted hairs

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Hey! Thanks for your work!
I want to ask if it would be okay to take screenshots of characters with these hairstyles and post them somewhere? As far as I know, many authors of sl are against converting their hairstyles to other games and I am afraid of a negative reaction
I wouldn't really worry about it. Unlike some of the very petty creators in our community, SL creators aren't really trolling places looking for us. I would like to think they don't mind as we're not claiming anything as our own or reselling them.

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
View attachment 1008217
When the hair comes with several layers what do I do to leave just two?

View attachment 1008219

View attachment 1008221

some layers are on the bottom of the hair and I don't know if I delete them too, the end result is the one in the photo above.
I have a big question, the hair comes with several layers, I don't know which ones to leave and which to delete in the video shows only two layers, alpha and clay base.

View attachment 1008935
Depending on the hair or creator, they sometimes make different styles. It's a little bit tedious but you should be able to tell what goes with what depending on if it follows the style correctly. Looking at your Avatar wearing the hair in SL does help.

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
hey everyone! not sure if this has been mentioned before, but in the video tutorial i saw that each hair already had a texture immediately assigned to it, but mine doesn't, and i'm not sure how to fix that problem.
The textures should already be in the blend file if you exported the mesh as a .dae file. Did you select the UVs then switch to the image that the mesh was assigned to in the Material tab?

primtext.PNG

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
and if I do it in an older version, for example 2.76, it will not affect in any way? just with 2.79 I had difficulties, the basic hairstyle from sims 4 does not want to be imported into the blender program, shows an empty space..
That's because technically 2.70 was the last version of Blender that S4S supported. You'll need 2.70 installed no matter what version you're using.

Make sure you have the Blender path set to where 2.70 is installed. After that, you shouldn't have an issue with blank .blend files being imported.
inst.PNG

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Maybe we can organize something like a small fund to acquire the content we want - I don't know how to organize it better, but this is the beginning of the idea...we have a shelter where we can discuss the details - well, I don’t know, it’s just somehow wrong that only a few people share. I can’t convert - but I can contribute to the fund to acquire the things/hair/clother
That's a very sweet idea in theory but in practice, it could be a mess since I myself have no idea how to organize a fund like that and more issues that could happen such as someone else with ill intentions setting up a dummy fund to take in money and run off with it or something. It would be a heap of problems that I want all of us to avoid but thank you for the thought!

However, I'd be more willing to have people donate files they've pulled from SL. Even if they don't know how to convert themselves, it helps!

Reactions: simpai

StHunters

Jan 18, 2021
That's a very sweet idea in theory but in practice, it could be a mess since I myself have no idea how to organize a fund like that and more issues that could happen such as someone else with ill intentions setting up a dummy fund to take in money and run off with it or something. It would be a heap of problems that I want all of us to avoid but thank you for the thought!

However, I'd be more willing to have people donate files they've pulled from SL. Even if they don't know how to convert themselves, it helps!
Yes, you are definitely right - it's better to share files with SL - otherwise there will be chaos with the fund

Reactions: simpai

SimsHair

Jan 28, 2021
You don't have to but I like to pay them their dues since they took the time to create the meshes and textures.
I can't fit my hair, I don't think I know how to do the UV process, it is becoming transparent, but at the front it's ok, I've tried to move the layers and fit the video in the same way, I always go bald.
1611883340607.png
1611883443115.png

SimsHair

Jan 28, 2021
What is making me "bald" are my layers that are transparent (alpha), as the hair I chose had several layers, I left the least amount possible and had to put two textures in transparent mode, is that it?

1611884294197.png

ShadowRim

Oct 8, 2019

coughs Yiff Party coughs

• Haha
Reactions: Cove Holden
D

Deleted member 909046

What is making me "bald" are my layers that are transparent (alpha), as the hair I chose had several layers, I left the least amount possible and had to put two textures in transparent mode, is that it?

View attachment 1009020
if the hair was seperated in parts and you joined them thats what caused the ''balding'' which is a transparency issue. for the least transparency issues if your hair is seperated you must select the prims from bottom to top then merge them. also this hair will most likely end up having transparency issues in sims cause of the way they are made unless they have a clay part

Reactions: Cove Holden

simpai

Jul 14, 2019
I love the idea of sharing files that way since i often hoard many sl things, i myself will probably never get around to converting. so here is another folder of sl hairs for you guys. (first one is earlier in post)

ShadowRim

Oct 8, 2019
I love the idea of sharing files that way since i often hoard many sl things, i myself will probably never get around to converting. so here is another folder of sl hairs for you guys. (first one is earlier in post)
Oh yes somebody get them done asap. Especially Cassie. IT would be greatly appreciated and thank you simpai for sharing what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.