• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

Collection Mod Others Sims 4 Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3137218

Can you recommend me some retopology tools? I'm a noob who just had the courage to learn basic blender, I've tried to convert this SL bed to sims 4, it looks ok but the polygon is really high (about 56k polygons)

after I removed doubles and decimated the mesh, now it has 8642 polygons but the mesh look "deformed" :cry: :cry: :cry: with an ugly dark cast all over the surface of the mesh and a few small texture holes. I can tell that some visible parts (like the bed's headboard) are distorted.

retopo unfortunately is...time consuming and requires an intermediate amount of blender knowledge. retopo usually means just...remeshing the item altogether. if you are a blender noob, this is not going to be an option for you.

you can do it manually with the polygon build tool, instant meshes, blender's remesh modifier or zbrush zremesher (the best one). i don't think either are an option for SL meshes because they're already triangulated (ie brought into game and the quads are transformed into triangles or tris). you might get weird results.

if you want to reduce poly here, 3 options. use all three to get the result that you are comfortable with.

1) decimate tool (already using).

2) clean up geometry (good in moderation)
1611973539126.png

3) limited dissolve
tab to enter edit mode
press delete key on your keyboard
look for limited dissolve
1611973615697.png

in your shading tab, make sure uv is selected. this method removes some unnecessary geometry on the uvmap and helps reduce tris count a bit).
1611973648025.png

a lot of people on second life know how to mesh but they do not know how to make anything of reasonable poly (dust bunny is the worst of all of them). the quality can be all over the place and it's why i stick to a handful of creators.

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Can you recommend me some retopology tools? I'm a noob who just had the courage to learn basic blender, I've tried to convert this SL bed to sims 4, it looks ok but the polygon is really high (about 56k polygons)

after I removed doubles and decimated the mesh, now it has 8642 polygons but the mesh look "deformed" :cry: :cry: :cry: with an ugly dark cast all over the surface of the mesh and a few small texture holes. I can tell that some visible parts (like the bed's headboard) are distorted.

I also wanted to add that ZBrush has it's own retopology tools and another tool called Decimation master that tries (and does a pretty good job) to keep as much detail as possible while decimating. I use it for the accessories on my meshes sometimes but both options would require you to unwrap and remake the UV map which also mean having to reorganize the textures or make new ones.

Like xxsanaxx said, it would take a lot of time. On top of that, ZBrush costs a pretty penny and can be difficult to learn/get around.

D

Deleted member 3137218

Depends on what it is and how large the poly count is. I wouldn't mind doing it if someone supplied the files for it though.
this is a recent item. almost all of her items are like this. you really want the grey hairs?

1611985595513.png

StHunters

Jan 18, 2021
HHHeaven I have a couple v-day and wana try conversion - I'm watching your lesson for the fifth time - I have a fully working blender and a s4studio - but I don't have Photoshop - I can't do the conversion without it? I'm still getting ready - but it's hard to fuck - I'm using 2 programs 2 translators...

D

Deleted member 3137218

that is a rather large polycount but i am more skilled in build item cc and objects. I sorta suck in the hair department.
her items are mostly deco but i just find a creator who has done something similar (vespertine, half deer, nutmeg or ionic usually have the same style) or i just remesh it myself. nutmeg's meshes are also high poly and i've suspected that dusty bunny and nutmeg share the same person who textures for both of them. the styles are too similar (the painterly style that works good with SL lighting)

i have these (my daes aren't scrubbed so obj files it is)

HHHeaven I have a couple v-day and wana try conversion - I'm watching your lesson for the fifth time - I have a fully working blender and a s4studio - but I don't have Photoshop - I can't do the conversion without it? I'm still getting ready - but it's hard to fuck - I'm using 2 programs 2 translators...
you can use GIMP as well.

D

Deleted member 3137218

This school stuff in sims 4 would be so amazing If someone had the files would it i'd be all for converting it.
pocci already has a school set like this

the set is nice but most of the pieces already exist in sims 4.
amitomo and haikei make "nice" sets but it's all very basic when you take it out of the pink vaporwave environment

D

Deleted member 3270429

retopo unfortunately is...time consuming and requires an intermediate amount of blender knowledge. retopo usually means just...remeshing the item altogether. if you are a blender noob, this is not going to be an option for you.

you can do it manually with the polygon build tool, instant meshes, blender's remesh modifier or zbrush zremesher (the best one). i don't think either are an option for SL meshes because they're already triangulated (ie brought into game and the quads are transformed into triangles or tris). you might get weird results.

if you want to reduce poly here, 3 options. use all three to get the result that you are comfortable with.

1) decimate tool (already using).

2) clean up geometry (good in moderation)
View attachment 1010686

3) limited dissolve
tab to enter edit mode
press delete key on your keyboard
look for limited dissolve
View attachment 1010693

in your shading tab, make sure uv is selected. this method removes some unnecessary geometry on the uvmap and helps reduce tris count a bit).
View attachment 1010695

a lot of people on second life know how to mesh but they do not know how to make anything of reasonable poly (dust bunny is the worst of all of them). the quality can be all over the place and it's why i stick to a handful of creators.

Thank you, work like a charm, I've only used limited dissolve + decimate geometry and it reduces half the of the polygon.

But I think the decimate polygon tool will deform the mesh no matter what. So I guess, after I use limited dissolve + decimate geometry, there is no choice left for me but to butcher the mesh in Leosims' style by splitting some parts of the mesh into multi objects and use bb.moveobjects to place all the parts together when I play the game.

D

Deleted member 3137218

DB macaroons and roses. polycount: 31k (lowest i could get it without distorting the mesh)
Get
thank you! her poly count is always a nightmare. is there any creator's meshes you'd like? you put in the work and i feel i need to return the favor.

Reactions: simpai

simpai

Jul 14, 2019
DB skincare tray. polycount 21k. DB makeup palette. polycount:19k
Zip of both
EDIT: PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE NEW MAKEUP CASE, I REMOVED THE GLASS BECAUSE IT KEPT MESSING UP IN GAME AND I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. REPLACE OR DELETE THE OLD FILE PLEASE DL:
Happy simming fam!

Last edited:

simpai

Jul 14, 2019
thank you! her poly count is always a nightmare. is there any creator's meshes you'd like? you put in the work and i feel i need to return the favor.
You're def welcome and it definitely is the macarons one was 100k originally i believe lol oh that's generous hm there was a random matter set i really liked i'll attach the pic below but i'm really just glad to help make sims a more beautiful game for everyone .

Status
Not open for further replies.