• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Collection Mod Others Sims 4 Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

clx

Feb 1, 2021
We don't have much choice tbh. The thing is, we don't own these meshes. They belong to the SL creators. It was (arguably) fine until someone try to make profit off it
Shouldn´t it still be (arguably) fine for the people who don´t abuse it then? Its not like you have control over people stealing others - or your own work, its pretty much inevitable.

Reactions: Wavy_22
D

Deleted member 3167038

To the ppl doing the SL conversions:
If you would like to continue to share your conversions without them being leaked, I have a safe spot for you if any of you are interested. I have a discord you guys are more than welcome to join. You will be greatly compensated for your time, trust and believe.

Please considering dm'ing me and we can chat in private. xx
Can you dm me the link as well?

D

Deleted member 3137218

How would I bake it onto a new UV map ?

& I'm not sure how the creator got away with this. They have multiple bags that have the LV pattern on them.

these videos explain it but you basically add a new uv map (name it whatever) for each prim (luckily you only have one).
select that, then go to uveditor, create a new map. select all pieces go to uv and 'pack islands' (it rearranges pieces on the uv map so it fits one 1024x1024 map). go to node editor, add the new map you created below, bake to that one map.

the video above explains it better than i can but it's a way of getting multiple textured items onto one map easily. if it's not working, toss the files my way and i can convert for you.

I've joined two cc "chats" the last 24h, and both are being shot down. I 100% get why something have to be done, and our feelings isnt your problem at all but please consider it before you take this away from us regular people. We just need people to look up to, learn from and help elevate our game, and all this secrecy and chats for only "the trusted ones" that's being created all over the community is killing it. I´ll happily prove that im not a russian sims spy (which shouldn't be hard since im not russian) and im sure others will as well. Don´t let the money hungry bastards take away all the good things.
Im sorry but its hard to stand by and be silent while the positive things this community create is being destroyed. You guys are doing something truely amazing helping others out, and no one should take that away from you.
the entire reason why patreon creators have a hold on this community is because people are too reliant on others for content. they know this and take advantage of that. sever that toxic relationship and let's all try to learn how to do stuff for ourselves.

HHHeaven provided a resource here for you to learn this on your own. the tools are here to learn to make your own cc. the more you learn, the less reliant you are on others to elevate your game. you all have the potential and it's hard at first but keep at it and you won't need others when you can do it yourself.

if you have questions, i can provide info the best way i can but almost everything with regards to sims 4cc is stuff i've learned via the s4s forums (a huge resource), cc creator discords, tutorial blogs on tumblr, and just being curious and asking questions. and i'm normally a shy person but my desire to learn trumps that shyness. gingko has been mentioned here but she's a vital resource with regards to content creation that most simmers could use. plus, her discord is open and she's extremely helpful and kind.

feloosha

Dec 24, 2020
Okay well... I guess I could set up a less exclusive Discord for now. I completely understand only letting the people who were posting conversions here in, but those of us who hadn't gotten to it yet/still have questions still want an outlet to share creations.

But if I see anything pop up on SG I will find you.

:)

canrysims

Jul 13, 2019
Yes, but we never know what is in this private group. In comments people ask about content from creators whose content was shared on this forum. And I don't really think they will buy it on patreon and not steal here on forum and resell this in VK. And it is very suspicious that after someone left a link to this forum in their group, they immediately decided to create a private group for donators.

This is like... wtf isgoing oooon! I was off a few days cuz i felt sick and now those guys stealed your conversions.

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE SOMETHING CUTE AND FREE?! I was so so sooooo happy I found out this thread and now is all gone. I just want to cry, I was hopping to still see you and learn how to convert too. Why God, whyyyyy

Reactions: carmena and Hanlbal

DakotaSan

Nov 27, 2020
Божечки, меня сразу заблокировали в той группе, кажется правда ударила в глаза и они решили подстраховаться, крысы надутые. Удивляет еще то, что на DWP они не вкладывались и нагло брали платный контент, а тут: "хочешь эксклюзивный модик? Плати". Хочу чтобы у них завелся чел, который будет выкладывать купленное ими же на этот сайт. Я бы глянула на реакции тех, кто платил, лол. А про прически из sl отдельная тема, возможно успели урвать все, что было выложено здесь, и уже во всю торгуют. Ни грамма совести и уважения.

canrysims

Jul 13, 2019
This is sooo sad! ç.ç
Guys, it might be good to delete the tutorials too. Otherwise, we will create another "l30s1ms and s1mpl1c1aty" and they will sell the conversions in that group too. :(

I'm waiting for my new laptop to arrived to start converting, can I have at least one tutorial so I can see it at that time?

D

Deleted member 2147972

Божечки, меня сразу заблокировали в той группе, кажется правда ударила в глаза и они решили подстраховаться, крысы надутые. Удивляет еще то, что на DWP они не вкладывались и нагло брали платный контент, а тут: "хочешь эксклюзивный модик? Плати". Хочу чтобы у них завелся чел, который будет выкладывать купленное ими же на этот сайт. Я бы глянула на реакции тех, кто платил, лол. А про прически из sl отдельная тема, возможно успели урвать все, что было выложено здесь, и уже во всю торгуют. Ни грамма совести и уважения.
Дак уже торгуют, вон я выше скрин кидала с их платной группы :D

DakotaSan

Nov 27, 2020
Дак уже торгуют, вон я выше скрин кидала с их платной группы :D
Да, я видела, правда всегда выйдет наружу. До последнего не хотела, чтобы это место нашли, честно боялась, и тут на тебе. Ничего, воздастся им ещё. Прикинь DWP вернут и все, что они купили, уже имеется там. Интересно, как же галакси будет деньги возвращать?)))

feloosha

Dec 24, 2020
All the resources are still on the first page; this thread could still be used for questions and help, theoretically.

Reactions: canrysims

feloosha

Dec 24, 2020
Okay well... I guess I could set up a less exclusive Discord for now. I completely understand only letting the people who were posting conversions here in, but those of us who hadn't gotten to it yet/still have questions still want an outlet to share creations.

But if I see anything pop up on SG I will find you.

:)
Sorry y'all, gonna have to rescind this; I think someone like OP who can actually convert and has the know-how would be the right person to admin a group like that.

dunkxcrazy

Apr 7, 2019
I completely understand the situation but at the same time i feel like this was inevitable and it now turns our nice open discussion into another one of the hush hush groups where it’s insiders only, where ppl only share exclusive cc amongst themselves not sharing their knowledge or wisdom and you have to beg to be invited in it’s really sad. Honestly the real joke is on them bc first of why pay for stuf that’s being shared for free and second whatever that’s gets posted in there from patreon will undoubtedly get shared on here anyway. I feel like the best option will be to continue still having this open space ppl will figure out that she is charging for openly available cc especially if your already privy to this forum. I feel like the harder you make it to get the files it gives her a reason to charge to access, it will for sure create more russian moles ( the fact that i’m referring to russian moles concerning the sims is baffling lol) but that’s just my two cents. I haven’t shared conversions yet but I trying to work some kinks out but i appreciate all the help i’ve gotten here and everyone else who has shared their work!!! it’s sad it maybe has to end like this

feloosha

Dec 24, 2020
I completely understand the situation but at the same time i feel like this was inevitable and it now turns our nice open discussion into another one of the hush hush groups where it’s insiders only, where ppl only share exclusive cc amongst themselves not sharing their knowledge or wisdom and you have to beg to be invited in it’s really sad. Honestly the real joke is on them bc first of why pay for stuf that’s being shared for free and second whatever that’s gets posted in there from patreon will undoubtedly get shared on here anyway. I feel like the best option will be to continue still having this open space ppl will figure out that she is charging for openly available cc especially if your already privy to this forum. I feel like the harder you make it to get the files it gives her a reason to charge to access, it will for sure create more russian moles ( the fact that i’m referring to russian moles concerning the sims is baffling lol) but that’s just my two cents. I haven’t shared conversions yet but I trying to work some kinks out but i appreciate all the help i’ve gotten here and everyone else who has shared their work!!! it’s sad it maybe has to end like this
Right, I think shit should just continue to be shared here and if they try to paywall it, point out where it's free. But that's totally up to the individual converter and their feelings on it, I respect that.

NewRandomNoob

Aug 24, 2018
To the ppl doing the SL conversions:
If you would like to continue to share your conversions without them being leaked, I have a safe spot for you if any of you are interested. I have a discord you guys are more than welcome to join. You will be greatly compensated for your time, trust and believe.

Please considering dm'ing me and we can chat in private. xx

I sent you a message.

Reactions: carmena

mesavah

Jan 29, 2021
144380893_700085804209226_3540193649673719999_n.png
Hey guys, I'm trying to convert this hair do TS4 but it doesn't move with the sims head. Someone is able to help me?

simmer79

Mar 22, 2019
Right, I think shit should just continue to be shared here and if they try to paywall it, point out where it's free. But that's totally up to the individual converter and their feelings on it, I respect that.
That's my thought, precisely. It's already out there. If anything, we can help those who are being duped to pay to realize that they can just get it for free and not have to go through subterfuge. All of this secrecy and cliquishness is just as nauseating as what they are doing, as well as that of idea of CC being put behind paywalls. This is reminiscent of the cliques that were around during the olden days of Sims, where only a chosen few were "blessed" with "gifts" from people who converted meshes created by other people, and everyone else had to "donate" or pay outright.

DarkDream34

Jan 12, 2020
How annoying and frustrating. Weren't they apart of the group that was giving out Patreon content for free? Does this not contradict all of this? I made this thread with the intent of sharing not profiting even if it is just a 'reward for donors' and as much as I like to think the best of people, perhaps I gave far too much leeway. Just the fact that they have to argue and defend it seems very suspicious.

Until this mess can be sorted out (if ever), I'm removing the links on the front page.
I am so sad about this. I don't post in this thread because I don't do conversions, but I have loved the hairs that have been shared. Why does someone always have to go and ruin something :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.