Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Sigh* 8th he said...almost past 20 days...such a shame...the only game that had an environment explored not like the other games where everything happens inside the goddamn House.
Episode 2 was first set to release on December 15, then it was finally released 40 days later on January 26.

Immunity

Jul 8, 2017
Pulling ~$300 a month (after the gestapo's cut) on Patreon and rendering on a GPU from 2015 or even worse a GTX 730? Seriously? Plop down $300 and grab yourself a 1660Ti - it's almost impossible to locate any sort of decent benchmarks on that M60 performance - but he'd almost certainly be better off. I don't understand how all of these adult game developers are running and rendering on systems that are so antiquated. It's not like you need Pixar's server farm to render some 1080p images.

Reactions: fuckyouassholes

fuckyouassholes

Nov 27, 2018
Pulling ~$300 a month (after the gestapo's cut) on Patreon and rendering on a GPU from 2015 or even worse a GTX 730? Seriously? Plop down $300 and grab yourself a 1660Ti - it's almost impossible to locate any sort of decent benchmarks on that M60 performance - but he'd almost certainly be better off. I don't understand how all of these adult game developers are running and rendering on systems that are so antiquated. It's not like you need Pixar's server farm to render some 1080p images.
or he could get an AMD card for much cheaper !

maybe an RX 580 ?

or even a VEGA 56, since they're going for quite low now !

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
I'm not sure on the CPU that the dev uses but it's kinda pointless even to get a 1660Ti if the CPU's not feeding it enough information to run anyway. Not saying you don't have a point just that it's not an effective spend without the increased CPU power.

Also, most decent devs aren't rendering 1080p renders but probably 4k and up so with huge scenes it'll still struggle. The GPU/CPU choice is always a painful choice for dev's because it's whether you want to invest for the future or get card/s that'll make an impact now.

or he could get an AMD card for much cheaper !

maybe an RX 580 ?

or even a VEGA 56, since they're going for quite low now !
AMD cards don't have rendering support. Plus they overheat like nothing so on sustained full loads most AMD cards wouldn't handle a simple rendering schedule. The Vega 56 is a huge culprit of this. There's a huge chance you'd melt a Vega 56 just from gaming let alone rendering....

fuckyouassholes

Nov 27, 2018
AMD cards don't have rendering support. Plus they overheat like nothing so on sustained full loads most AMD cards wouldn't handle a simple rendering schedule. The Vega 56 is a huge culprit of this. There's a huge chance you'd melt a Vega 56 just from gaming let alone rendering....
i'm in a quite warm country and my RX 580 idles at around 48-50 on a warm day and around 37-40 on the coldest day

i don't think gaming will melt the GPU and AMD is just being stereotyped for making hotter GPUs... but whatever

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
i'm in a quite warm country and my RX 580 idles at around 48-50 on a warm day and around 37-40 on the coldest day

i don't think gaming will melt the GPU and AMD is just being stereotyped for making hotter GPUs... but whatever
From a heat perspective, the RX 580 isn't nearly as bad a Vega 56/64 where their idle temps mask how screwed they are on load so my comments are specific to the Vega's. Sure AMD cards are known to run hot but nothing nearly as hot as the Vega's.

Besides the point, as @EvilUser said and what I was saying myself, AMD isn't supported by the main rendering software packages (Iray Daz and Octane).

EDIT: Thanks @EvilUser for picking that up. My eyes must've been barely open lol.

EvilUser

Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
Besides the point, as @EvilUser said and what I was saying myself, AMD isn't supported by the main rendering software packages (Iray and Octane).
Daz Studio and OctaneRender. IRAY is a rendering technology developed by NVidia, software like Daz Studio and OctaneRender supports IRAY.
I've heard that AMD are working on something to compete with IRAY but nothing in particular.

Reactions: Walg and Piyush3362

jigaboo

May 27, 2018
This game is likely pseudo-"dead/abandoned", the dev hasn't posted a peep on his patreon since the last progress update. It sucks cause this game had some great potential. Maybe we will get lucky 1-2 months from now and he will post something on his patreon about what has been going on, I am hoping so cause I'd really like to see Ep 3 and more.

Reactions: fishbrain

Chris91ck

Sep 21, 2018

Unlocked

Hi everyone, Episode 3 is released now. Please download the game from the links below. I don't know how to even begin to apologize for the massive delay. No excuse I can give will ever justify this... So I'm not even going to try and explain why it took so long. If anyone wants an explanation, I'll certainly provide it.. But please know that it wasn't for lack of effort. I have been to hell and back in the last few months, that's all I'm going to say. I somehow managed to finish this episode. If you have lost all trust in me, I completely understand. I deserve that.. If you have, please go ahead and delete your pledge.. For as long as I make these games, I will send you every single episode for free. That is the only way I can make it up to you guys. So sorry.
Here are the download links:

2.40 star(s) 83 Votes