Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I tried but couldn't get into this one. I barely made it through the first few minutes but my initial thought are:

1. The game is technically sound and polished. The framing/cinematography is well done.
  2. The character designs are too bland and similar to each other. I get that they are related but they still need to be more distinct. I'm not a fan of the straw-colored hair. In general they just need more color overall. Add some blush or makeup or a tan or highlights or something
  3. This one is really nitpicky but the word ''abroad'' is doing too much lifting in the beginning in trying to explain where the characters have been and what they've been doing. Saying two people have been abroad doesn't properly convey that they were not together while abroad. Usually, you would assume the opposite without knowing anything else.
  4. I'm having a hard time articulating what rubbed me the wrong way about this one. I think it's the style of narration. I felt it was doing too much saying and not enough showing. I would rather have the characters (through their thoughts/actions/conversations) expressing/describing their own growing feelings of attraction for each other than some detached narrator doing it.
While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, it's almost entirely one that is subjective and abstract. By your own words, you freely admitted to nitpicking and seizing the most vague reasons for why it did not appeal to you. I would never say to keep playing something you don't like, but it sounds to me like maybe you just weren't in the right head-space/mood to play this and instead came up with vague generalizations for why you dropped it.

Long story short, if you didn't like or it didn't immediately grab you, fair enough, but I don't think you left what could be described as actual constructive criticism.

LinkBox88

Feb 22, 2020
While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, it's almost entirely one that is subjective and abstract. By your own words, you freely admitted to nitpicking and seizing the most vague reasons for why it did not appeal to you. I would never say to keep playing something you don't like, but it sounds to me like maybe you just weren't in the right head-space/mood to play this and instead came up with vague generalizations for why you dropped it.

Long story short, if you didn't like or it didn't immediately grab you, fair enough, but I don't think you left what could be described as actual constructive criticism.
Agree to disagree bro. An opinion by its very nature is subjective. While some of it was abstract/vague, it was still about specific elements. I can't necessarily tell a chef what's wrong with his sauce but he might be able to glean something out of ''there was something off about this''. Your standard for what qualifies as constructive criticism is your own and it's not the one I hold myself to. Besides, you're the one nitpicking the parts the parts of my critique that were the most abstract. I offered specific remedies with regards to character design in there too.

raynarnab

Dec 16, 2021
Agree to disagree bro. An opinion by its very nature is subjective. While some of it was abstract/vague, it was still about specific elements. I can't necessarily tell a chef what's wrong with his sauce but he might be able to glean something out of ''there was something off about this''. Your standard for what qualifies as constructive criticism is your own and it's not the one I hold myself to. Besides, you're the one nitpicking the parts the parts of my critique that were the most abstract. I offered specific remedies with regards to character design in there too.
My only curiosity is you have provided your perspective and based on the Author's response, you have gotten your answer about the direction of the story and how it will play out narrative. But I sense you are responding to inquiries in a tit for tat manner, do you really need to? I don't believe you need to do any more follow ups.

LinkBox88

Feb 22, 2020
I could say the same to you! I've only replied at questions being asked to me that are quoting my own words. If you want me to shut up so bad, you can let me have the last word about my own comments.

raynarnab

Dec 16, 2021
I could say the same to you! I've only replied at questions being asked to me that are quoting my own words. If you want me to shut up so bad, you can let me have the last word about my own comments.
I am not convinced all them had questions to which you had to respond to. Neither did I imply anywhere in my post that you need to shut up so bad. I inquired with openness as to understand your thought process. Its not for me to decide how you choose to spend your time, but engage you to think about what really matters to you.

Ruykiru

Developing: Sinful Summer
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Damn, look at this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That example was probably from one of the ugliest scenes, but still. I wish I had infinite time to remake all chapter 1 renders with the current ch2 quality :cry:

For now I've just done most of day 1 and that ugly ass morning scene from day 2 because I was getting mad every time I looked at the intro haha. I might do some more in the future but I'm busy with 1.3 content... ch2_2366.jpg

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 26 Votes