Ruykiru

Developing: Sinful Summer
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Reading the reviews of this exquisite incest proposition, only to discover there's apparently a haters club who all like each others bad reviews :KEK:

View attachment 3985411
It's not like I'm not warning them in the post. From my perspective, many people just have brain rot from all the mindless harem 'incest' novels through the years. I get it. I'm trying to fix all the damage the landladies have caused :ROFLMAO:

For context:
xd.jpg

Last edited:

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
Sorry, I don't know why that happened because I don't have much code that could break things in my novel. I'm trying to find the cause with some user's saves. I hope it's not a big deal though. If you don't want to replay it, or wait for the text skip to get to the current update, here's a save from 2.3 end.
looks like there were lots of changes at the beginning of script.rpy file (2.3 vs. 2.4)
key("<" in 2.3 not in 2.4, ">" in 2.4 not in 2.3)
Code:
> default fantasize_button_clicked = False
21c22
<     what_outlines = [(3.25, "#000000", 1.25, 1.25)],
---
>     what_outlines = [(4.0, "#000000", 1.0, 1.0)],
151a153,176
> screen fantasize_button(button_xalign, button_yalign):
>     modal False
>
>     imagebutton:
>         idle "images/phone/button_fantasize.png"
>         hover "images/phone/button_fantasize_hover.png"
>         hover_sound "audio/sfx/button-hover.mp3"
>         align (button_xalign, button_yalign)
>         action [
>             SetVariable("button_clicked", True),
>             Play("sound", "audio/sfx/button-fantasize.mp3"),
>             Hide("fantasize_button"),
>             Return()
>         ]
>         at transform:
>
>             alpha 0.0
>             easein 0.5 alpha 1.0
>             on hover:
>                 ease 0.2 zoom 1.1
>             on idle:
>                 ease 0.2 zoom 1.0
>
>
167c192
< centered "{font=font_narration}1. This is a {color=#12f7fc}kinetic novel{/color} with NO choices that affect the story. Think of it as a nice book with pictures, videos and sounds :P \n\n The focus is on character development and making the taboo relationships actually mean something more than just a label, so bear that in mind."
---
> centered "{font=font_narration}1. This is a {color=#12f7fc}kinetic novel{/color} with NO choices that affect the story. Think of it as a dynamic book with pictures, videos and sounds :P \n\n The focus is on character development and making the taboo relationships actually mean something more than just a label, so bear that in mind."
172c197
< stop music fadeout 4.0
---
> stop music fadeout 5.0
239c264
< n "Erik watched her with an empathetic expression as she kept stretching, and he decided to do her yet another favor."
---
> n "Erik watched her with an empathetic expression as she kept stretching, and he decided to do her yet another favour."
291c316
< stop music fadeout 4.0
---
> stop music fadeout 5.0
344c369
< play channel_sfx1 "audio/sfx/woman-gasp-louder.mp3" volume 1.25
---
> play channel_sfx1 "audio/sfx/woman-gasp3.mp3" volume 1.25
394c419
< play channel_sfx1 "audio/sfx/woman-laugh-young-1.mp3"
---
> play channel_sfx1 "audio/sfx/woman-laugh1.mp3"
430c455
< stop music fadeout 4.0
---
> stop music fadeout 5.0
since script.rpy is the main file, these changes will affect (break) any saves made after these lines.
if the save is not close to a "label" then they will get the error: "Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?"
usually it's best not to "update" the same file (script.rpy) but to break them in releases/chapters/scenes i.e. script1.rpy, script2.rpy, script3.rpy & etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruykiru

Ruykiru

Developing: Sinful Summer
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
looks like there were lots of changes at the beginning of script.rpy file (2.3 vs. 2.4)
key("<" in 2.3 not in 2.4, ">" in 2.4 not in 2.3)
Code:
> default fantasize_button_clicked = False
21c22
<     what_outlines = [(3.25, "#000000", 1.25, 1.25)],
---
>     what_outlines = [(4.0, "#000000", 1.0, 1.0)],
151a153,176
> screen fantasize_button(button_xalign, button_yalign):
>     modal False
>
>     imagebutton:
>         idle "images/phone/button_fantasize.png"
>         hover "images/phone/button_fantasize_hover.png"
>         hover_sound "audio/sfx/button-hover.mp3"
>         align (button_xalign, button_yalign)
>         action [
>             SetVariable("button_clicked", True),
>             Play("sound", "audio/sfx/button-fantasize.mp3"),
>             Hide("fantasize_button"),
>             Return()
>         ]
>         at transform:
>
>             alpha 0.0
>             easein 0.5 alpha 1.0
>             on hover:
>                 ease 0.2 zoom 1.1
>             on idle:
>                 ease 0.2 zoom 1.0
>
>
167c192
< centered "{font=font_narration}1. This is a {color=#12f7fc}kinetic novel{/color} with NO choices that affect the story. Think of it as a nice book with pictures, videos and sounds :P \n\n The focus is on character development and making the taboo relationships actually mean something more than just a label, so bear that in mind."
---
> centered "{font=font_narration}1. This is a {color=#12f7fc}kinetic novel{/color} with NO choices that affect the story. Think of it as a dynamic book with pictures, videos and sounds :P \n\n The focus is on character development and making the taboo relationships actually mean something more than just a label, so bear that in mind."
172c197
< stop music fadeout 4.0
---
> stop music fadeout 5.0
239c264
< n "Erik watched her with an empathetic expression as she kept stretching, and he decided to do her yet another favor."
---
> n "Erik watched her with an empathetic expression as she kept stretching, and he decided to do her yet another favour."
291c316
< stop music fadeout 4.0
---
> stop music fadeout 5.0
344c369
< play channel_sfx1 "audio/sfx/woman-gasp-louder.mp3" volume 1.25
---
> play channel_sfx1 "audio/sfx/woman-gasp3.mp3" volume 1.25
394c419
< play channel_sfx1 "audio/sfx/woman-laugh-young-1.mp3"
---
> play channel_sfx1 "audio/sfx/woman-laugh1.mp3"
430c455
< stop music fadeout 4.0
---
> stop music fadeout 5.0
since script.rpy is the main file, these changes will affect (break) any saves made after these lines.
if the save is not close to a "label" then they will get the error: "Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?"
usually it's best not to "update" the same file (script.rpy) but to break them in releases/chapters/scenes i.e. script1.rpy, script2.rpy, script3.rpy & etc.
Hmm, I did add that new button yes. Idk what the logic behind it not being able to find a label because I have many. I'll just add the choice to skip to recent updates and then try to not edit the olds parts of the script anymore.

4.30 star(s) 37 Votes