lapdragon

Sep 28, 2017
Happy Summer. is a story-free, character-devoid, all-grind life suck of a game with more details to worry about than real life and fewer rewards, strung together with a couple of all-promise/no-delivery graphics.

Quick responses + great game = new patron. Thanks!
That was kinda my point - he was complaining that Single Again was slow, so I pointed him to a TRULY slow game (albeit one I do actually like, slowness aside). Single Again is one of those that's going to the top of my update lists, and I too joined the patreon. :)

lapdragon

Sep 28, 2017
So - as I tend to do with games that I actually like, I've done a grammar/punctuation/bugfix pass on v.06 here - I realize that this is going to be outdated by the time v.06.1 makes it's way to us, but I figure I'd drop it in everybody's lap anyways.

• I changed all of the airquoted "thinking" text to use italics instead of the airquotes, and deleted the leading ellipses.
  • I tweaked the dialog textbox to be about 1 line taller, as I noticed that some of the longer lines would clip outside of the bottom of the original textbox.
  • The capitalization is just truly bizarre by default, so I decapitalized all text, and then selectively re-capitalized the words that were supposed to be capitalized (Dad/Daddy/Mom, I/I'm/I'll, proper names, days/months, etc).
  • I corrected all of the obvious typos.
  • I standardized all of the existing punctuation and ellipses, and reduced the coded doublespaces to singlespaces, as Ren'py doesn't display doublespaces anyways.
  • I started correcting the commas, but honestly there's just an asston of text and I wanted to actually play the game instead of just reading all the game in code-mode. If Tazaaron wants me to keep going on the commas, I will, but if it's just going to all get flushed for v.07, then it's not worth it to re-fix it again and then again for v.08.
  • I fixed a lot of instances of names that were hardcoded when they should be variables - mostly for the daughters. If you'd changed their names, you'd have still run into a few "Lilith" and "Becca" lines because they'd been hardcoded.
  • This one is a bit different than my normal "typo-fix" mods, as I made a few minor code changes, but it's enough to break saves (I renamed all the decision variables so that they were descriptive and could be tracked in the code easier). If you play the mod, you WILL NEED TO START A NEW GAME.
If v06.1 shows up soonish here, I'll update my mod to include his name permanence fixes - I nearly did it myself, but like I said, I just wanted to get the mod out while people could enjoy it.

tazaaron - if you want to reach out to me about possibly integrating my text updates and continuing the comma correction crusade, please either ping me here via PM, or on your Patreon - I'm also on Discord, but I'm not going to leave my discord link out in the open here. If you're interested, I can supply references from other reasonably successful Ren'py devs who I've worked with, who can attest that I'm trustworthy and don't destroy their narratives and codebases. :)

May 13, 2018
That was kinda my point - he was complaining that Single Again was slow, so I pointed him to a TRULY slow game (albeit one I do actually like, slowness aside). Single Again is one of those that's going to the top of my update lists, and I too joined the patreon. :)
I see that now.

I've got a hardon for HS that started with the game, but grew exponentially owing to a non-game issue.
Suffice to say that " " would be a more appropriate name IMHO.

I should have done more than a cursory scan. My bad.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
KoGa3 would you consider making one of your music mods for this game?
Had some time and had a look at it - the game looks promising so far. I'll probably continue with my mod on occasion.
While checking I've done a first version, but it's only the game beginning (I would guess ~10% of the full v0.6 so far).

Download Mod v0.1 (~33MB):
MixDrop - FilesUpload
(removed the outdated links/KoGa3)

SingleAgain_01.jpg SingleAgain_02.jpg SingleAgain_03.jpg

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I've been adding variables to every choice since 0.05, weather I plan to do anything with them or not. I just went back and added them to the choices from 0.01-0.04.
Does these mean we need to start over?

I don't mind, this is a work in progress game and these things happen. I just want to know so that the next release I do start over instead of continuing from my current saves.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I like the game so far, I just hope I have a say in who I will love/smash and nost just being pushed to a harem. :unsure:
Ditto, in fact I don't want a harem of the daughters. Just give me Meiko and I'm good. If I am required to have at least one of the daughters I choose Becca. Lilith and Abby can go "full lesbian" and stop bugging my MC.

• Haha
Reactions: Chrisdarock19

AlphaBit

Apr 7, 2020
Ditto, in fact I don't want a harem of the daughters. Just give me Meiko and I'm good. If I am required to have at least one of the daughters I choose Becca. Lilith and Abby can go "full lesbian" and stop bugging my MC.
But becca is already in MCs arms wheres the fun in it. And by her plans i doubt when you will have your way with her she will stop. shes going to force you to have a harem.or may be not.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019

I don't mind, this is a work in progress game and these things happen. I just want to know so that the next release I do start over instead of continuing from my current saves.

There is a Discord now if your a Patron but yes with 6.1 you will have to start over. Hopefully last time since saves and name carrying over should be fixed as of 6.1

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
There is a Discord now if your a Patron but yes with 6.1 you will have to start over. Hopefully last time since saves and name carrying over should be fixed as of 6.1
Unfortunately I am not a patreon :( . I would love to support it if I could, although there would be a few other projects first. I am already supporting three games and one of those it will only be for some time, once I think the total support I did was enough I plan to start supporting something else. I might eventually drop a few bucks here in the rotation, if my economy allows it in the future.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
But becca is already in MCs arms wheres the fun in it. And by her plans i doubt when you will have your way with her she will stop. shes going to force you to have a harem.or may be not.
Or, if we can say no to Becca, I can focus on Meiko and not worry about the whole harem idea. Hopefully the developer doesn't force us to have sex with anyone. The fact we weren't forced to fuck Beth sets a promising precedent. I'm cautiously optimistic since the game is tagged for romance.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017

From a technical perspective, no, you don't have to start over as long as the variables are initialized properly in variables.py file.

What gets you is when those new variables are used in previous chapters. For example lets say a new variable is introduced in the Chapter 7 code, but then referenced in the chapter 6 gameplay (after the fact) which you have a save after that point (end of chapter 6) save. That is game breaking.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Digging this one quite a bit, although the "anime-eyes" sort of weird me out at times (from a huge anime fan).

And let me just acknowledge what is probably one of the greatest moments in gaming / H-gaming history right here :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know, a bigger fantasy scene than all Harry Potter books combined, but so good to see the bitch suffer. I don't have children and still love the scene so fucking much!! Will forever be remembered as one of the greatest moment in the story of gaming. Damn I love justice!!

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I know, a bigger fantasy scene than all Harry Potter books combined, but so good to see the bitch suffer. I don't have children and still love the scene so fucking much!! Will forever be remembered as one of the greatest moment in the story of gaming. Damn I love justice!!
I will never forget my ex's parents suing for custody (not visitation, they wanted to be 50%, with me being primary guardian/custodian) after her death. The judge said since the state didn't want to take the kids away from their father, and grandparents wanted full rights, that also meant child support to me since they didn't want full guardianship and full custody. They dropped the case :)

May 26, 2018
Decided to do a walkthrough MOD for this one. Enjoy!

Edit: Updated to v0.06

Install: Extract to "game" folder, overwrite when prompted.

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:
I actually liked the Mod with only one real exception: The damned green text was too light to even see against the button box. If the text color can be made darker, or a different, more visible color, I would rate the mod at 5 stars alone. :)

3.90 star(s) 193 Votes