riichidesu

Sep 25, 2021
..What drives me batty is how the MC constantly treats her. It's very hypocritical. MC is constantly telling her she doesn't need to be embarrassed around them, say what she wants, etc etc. Then when she says what she wants, he's like "nah, that's too much. You don't really want that yet. You're just a scared little kitten who doesn't know anything. No way you want that."
Then he gets mad at Becca and Lilly because of some of the things they say or do with Meiko, like they're corrupting the poor girl, not believing that Meiko is the one with some of these naughty ideas. I mean, damn dude, she's 24 with the guy she's wanted to marry since she was a young teen. She knows what sex is, obviously she wants it.

Basically, just not a huge fan of how MC wants her to gain experience safely (which is fine), but on the other hand, continuously treats her like a child who has little agency of her own.

100% agree, I understand making sure the girl is comfortable with an action but asking 5~6 times if "she is sure" every fucking time the girl want to do something is as cringy as it get and worse is that is not only with Meiko but with all the LI.

Reactions: Infidel

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
I wish players would just stop complaining about how the Dev writes his/her game.
this translates to
omg! someone else their opinion doesn't align whit mine :oops:
they should stop saying it

visual novels fall into the artwork section for me,so its value is purely based on opinions
which will have some negative ones it comes whit the territory
its up to dev to decide if said "complaint" is something he finds value in or not and to act on it or not

people in the thread just have a issue whit frank being some paragon off beta-male
and they are allowed to voice said opinion thats what the thread is all about

if you personally dislike the current discussed topic you have options like:
-unwatch the thread
-mute users who disagree whit your personal views
-learn to accept that not everyone agrees whit each other and this can (and will) lead to discussions that can be back and forth or just people outright insulting each other for what ever reason

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
The more Frank talks and thinks the more I understand why Shannon did what she did. Francis. Francis never changes. I'm still going to play the game, though, because if I didn't play any game on this site that had a schlub for a protagonist then I would just be stuck playing City of Broken Dreamers and Depraved Awakening over and over again.

Reactions: adj2010

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
visual novels fall into the artwork section for me,so its value is purely based on opinions
its up to dev to decide if said "complaint" is something he finds value in or not and to act on it or not

people in the thread just have a issue whit frank being some paragon off beta-male

-unwatch the thread
-learn to accept that not everyone agrees whit each other and this can (and will) lead to discussions that can be back and forth or just people outright insulting each other for what ever reason
You are of course correct with the first part. However, the second part would come for at least some of the complainers as a valid solution as well. While there are some who like the game in general but have a quibble here and there (e. g. Frank's inner monologues), quite a few read like it completely ruins the game for them. And while that is okay to voice, coming back and complaining again does serve no additional purpose anymore. If the dev takes feedback into account (which I think they don't, since they don't visit here), repeating the same feedback by the same people is of no use.

Also I would argue that there is in general a lack of discussion - though that may be an instance of a whole world phenomenon not limited to this thread. People state their opinions in whatever direction and then accept no other opinion but just tell others to shut up because I have a right to voice my opinion. However, people just voicing their opinion without engaging others and their points do not hold a discussion.

Certainly some here do and a discussion comes to be. However, and this post will be just one example of many, this discussion is nothing new. Especially about the issue of Frank's reluctance to engage with the girls it's been ages since somebody shed a new light on something. You could just copy page X of the thread instead of writing the same stuff again. So in the end, intentional or not, it comes just off to me as ranting instead of discussing.

Reactions: Maviarab and HiHaHo

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
this translates to

-unwatch the thread
Its one thing to complain once but its a whole something else to keep complaining about the same thing.

Just review the game and be done with it, no one wants to read every other post about complaining.
Its just stupid.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
You are of course correct with the first part. However, the second part would come for at least some of the complainers as a valid solution as well. While there are some who like the game in general but have a quibble here and there (e. g. Frank's inner monologues), quite a few read like it completely ruins the game for them. And while that is okay to voice, coming back and complaining again does serve no additional purpose anymore. If the dev takes feedback into account (which I think they don't, since they don't visit here), repeating the same feedback by the same people is of no use.

Also I would argue that there is in general a lack of discussion - though that may be an instance of a whole world phenomenon not limited to this thread. People state their opinions in whatever direction and then accept no other opinion but just tell others to shut up because I have a right to voice my opinion. However, people just voicing their opinion without engaging others and their points do not hold a discussion.

Certainly some here do and a discussion comes to be. However, and this post will be just one example of many, this discussion is nothing new. Especially about the issue of Frank's reluctance to engage with the girls it's been ages since somebody shed a new light on something. You could just copy page X of the thread instead of writing the same stuff again. So in the end, intentional or not, it comes just off to me as ranting instead of discussing.
Its one thing to complain once but its a whole something else to keep complaining about the same thing.

Just review the game and be done with it, no one wants to read every other post about complaining.
Its just stupid.
you're both right in saying that it is a repeating thing for this thread but im pretty sure the reason for it that "new" players that have just played it probably don't wanna read the entire thread to see what has been said already,we'd be lucky if some has read the most recent few let alone the whole thread from 1st to most recent

it will remain a recurring thing for the thread because its just how the avn is written so:
1714189634300.gif

HomicidalHulk

May 31, 2023
I hope the dev is reading all our comments. We all seem to be on the exact same page... the MC needs an overhall.. into being something other than a hypocritical bipolar confused douchebag and over all dumpster of crap person.

TL ; DR: DIE IN A GREASE FIRE OF ACID AND HERPES FRANK!

adj2010

Dec 26, 2018
100% agree, I understand making sure the girl is comfortable with an action but asking 5~6 times if "she is sure" every fucking time the girl want to do something is as cringy as it get and worse is that is not only with Meiko but with all the LI.
Every female character that has also been written to be super horny and willing: I want to be with you, I feel safe and comfortable with you

MC: no you don't, you don't know what you want or how you feel but I do and since I have so much respect for you I'm going to constantly string you along until I think you are safe and comfortable enough to fuck me cause only I know what's best for you

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
this translates to

as i have said many times can't make a game which pleases every1.

Reactions: Green83rry
May 25, 2022
as i have said many times can't make a game which pleases every1.
True for all aspects of life, be it entertainment, food, art, politics and anything else under the sun.

If you try to please all the people, all the time you'll end up pleasing none of the people any of the time.

I'm sure thats a quote from someone but I'm not certain who.

Last edited:
Reactions: Green83rry

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Its just stupid.
I'd say of all people, those who keep playing this game are very used to reading constant complains about the same thing. :whistle:

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
I have watched the game for like 10 minutes and kept ending it cause I wasn't interested in the whole daughter father thing. but today finally decided to play wow it is good you feel sad and pissed. Us divorced people understand the legal stuff then you have man who loved a child who wasnt his then loved 2 more that wasnt his while trying to divorce a hoe. touching.

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
The Mc behaves like the most beta male of all males and only shows traits of being an adult male when it is convenient for the plot. He has an interesting concept of a story, but the dev doesn't know how to balance the speed of developement in the main arc while offering content to keep the >game< interest high.
Every time Mc sleeps with Abby there is a whole world of posibilities, and it can still be like a paralel world that nobody speaks about, it doesn't have to be explicit, there are some things there already but it would help much more to the build up working a little more on those, and it would be done without showing everyone naked 1000 times. It would also have the Mc really struggling with conflicting feelings over something "real", even if it is something that doesnt affect anyting.

Reactions: hawk784563

AdmiralSpock

Jan 17, 2022
I'm one of those few that don't mind Frank's attitude, because as an older person, I understand his thought process. And I like the game a lot. But being up there with LoF? That's a major stretch imo
Like I said, Frank can be a little over the top. I generally am ok with him, though. As for the story, I found myself immersed in the story, laughing in parts and sad in others (especially the grave scene). Not many of these games move me like that. LoF was the first to do that for me, and it so far is my favorite, but this one is close in my opinion. Maybe I haven't tried enough. If you know of other good stories, feel free to share your opinion.

3.90 star(s) 194 Votes