Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
It's not just you, and no, text speed has nothing to do with it.

The problem is that the dev, for some reason saw it fit to set the history size to 100.000 lines, instead of a more sensible 250 or so like most other games. As the history fills up it gets slower and slower.

You can fix this by editing
./game/gui.rpy line 337

define config.history_length = 99999 > define config.history_length = 250

You will have to start a new game and fast forward to you current point though, as that setting, as well as the 100k history is stored with your savegame.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It's sufficient to apply the fix, load a savegame before the end and progress a few lines. The history shrinks itself then and it should run smoothly from that point on.

EDIT2: For anyone who doesn't feel comfortable doing the edit himself, here's the fixed file.
this post should be linked in the OP

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
youre projecting a bit much here buddy. plus, that rando fucker deserves to be shot down, he was just a horny college kid that wanted all the fun and none of the work, and iirc he aint even on the birth certificate. so no, that fucker has absolutely no rights to drop bombs after 18 years of no-show. same goes for the parents of dead mom. also, the situation gets resolved, just go on playin
Yes i guess the MC will not have any other choice than tell the truth, but it's a real big problem that he has to be forced to do it. It shows much about him, ready to juge people to scold them but not even beeing able to have a child of his own and beeing a kind of cuck all his life. Marrying his first wife who was pregnant from someone else, marrying a second one who had two girls and not having any child with her and getting cucked in the end.
My god that guy is a looser with all that prude crap, the fact that he feels he could loose control with his girls, the fact that he was almost raping his wife to get to fuck her. I guess she got tired of his crap and found a good lover who would not scold her because she is showing some skin and who can fullfil her needs without having to simulate a rape.
Yes that guy is dangerous, he seems so kind and protective but it seems that he could loose control and make a big mistake.

I liked that story and the writing but there was something weird with that guy that was making me uneasy.
When i saw the scene with Becca in the sauna, i was laughing because she seemed so much more mature that that supposed step father. It's weird, he speaks like a responsible adult and behaves like a teenager.

Reactions: doe50818

Akifai

May 8, 2017
It's not just you, and no, text speed has nothing to do with it.

The problem is that the dev, for some reason saw it fit to set the history size to 100.000 lines, instead of a more sensible 250 or so like most other games. As the history fills up it gets slower and slower.

You can fix this by editing
./game/gui.rpy line 337

define config.history_length = 99999 > define config.history_length = 250

You will have to start a new game and fast forward to you current point though, as that setting, as well as the 100k history is stored with your savegame.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It's sufficient to apply the fix, load a savegame before the end and progress a few lines. The history shrinks itself then and it should run smoothly from that point on.

EDIT2: For anyone who doesn't feel comfortable doing the edit himself, here's the fixed file.

Man, you are awesome!!! (y) That annoying rollback shit pissed me off for so long. This here fixes all of that crap. Whomever has the authority needs to pin this to the OP.

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
mods are usually the cause of a bug :rolleyes:
i run all my games without them and hardly ever have issues :)
This has nothing to do with any mods, because no mod needs to touch image and video content, walkthrough mods especially entirely ignore 99% of the script and only change the choice menus. The developer made a typo here.

Reactions: LightmanP

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
This has nothing to do with any mods, because no mod needs to touch image and video content, walkthrough mods especially entirely ignore 99% of the script and only change the choice menus. The developer made a typo here.
right ... thats b.s. .... i have to much experience with mods :rolleyes:

Reactions: doe50818

Rayza12

Jun 22, 2018
On Windows, game savedata are placed in two locations (for this game);
SingleAgain-0.13-pc\game\saves (the first part being where you unzipped the game)
%APPDATA%\RenPy\SingleAgain-Save

The system variable %APPDATA% usually resolves to something like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\

Also, for savedata and persistent data, only the last modified version will be used/overwritten. The %APPDATA% one is what allows you to continue the game of a newer version without having to copy over the saves folder from the previous version.
thank you very much

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
My god that guy is a looser with all that prude crap, the fact that he feels he could loose control with his girls, the fact that he was almost raping his wife to get to fuck her. I guess she got tired of his crap and found a good lover who would not scold her because she is showing some skin and who can fullfil her needs without having to simulate a rape.
Yes that guy is dangerous, he seems so kind and protective but it seems that he could loose control and make a big mistake.

I liked that story and the writing but there was something weird with that guy that was making me uneasy.
When i saw the scene with Becca in the sauna, i was laughing because she seemed so much more mature that that supposed step father. It's weird, he speaks like a responsible adult and behaves like a teenager.
Agreed. I like this MC less and less every update. I'm actively rooting for Becca to say, "well fuck it then, you won't step up, I'll find someone else that will", pick a BBC or w/e and rub the "new daddy" in the MC's face at every opportunity. I know this Dev will never do that, but in any fathomable reality, Becca would have given up and done just that long ago already.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Agreed. I like this MC less and less every update. I'm actively rooting for Becca to say, "well fuck it then, you won't step up, I'll find someone else that will", pick a BBC or w/e and rub the "new daddy" in the MC's face at every opportunity. I know this Dev will never do that, but in any fathomable reality, Becca would have given up and done just that long ago already.
My biggest issue with the MC is that he is constantly ogling at his daughters and scolding them if they get flirty. That's the typical pervert behavior who tries to convince himself he is a good person and then accuse the women to have been teasing him if something bad happens.
But apart from this the story is quite good, it becomes repetitive with that arguying between him and his daughters about nudity and sex but as the rest is good it's not so annoying.
After the divorce i'm still more convinced that the MC is such a naive idiot, my god, marrying such a bitch and beeing so blind and a cuck during all the time i guess.
I just had the scene with to two crazy lesbians who buy the loft, seriously what's that crap ?? They come and the blonde just tell you right away that she wants to fuck you and her "wife" set the rules!!!o_O
After all that teasing with the daughters, the slow pacing, suddently the game tells you "Ok, now you can fuck the crazy neighbour !"
Is this a way for the dev to calm down his customers who are getting blue balls and cry desperately for some action?:ROFLMAO:
I just told them to fuck off, fuck off is really the good expression i guess!:ROFLMAO:
Is the MC in a so desperate sexual situation that he is ready to fuck anybody, anywhere, anytime ?

That game is getting funny, i like it, especially when i can tell such a bitch to get fucked elsewhere, at least i have that option thank you dev!;)

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
It would be nice if the MC didn't over analyze his thoughts and scold the girls, but at the same time. It it feels like that's part of the pacing of the game. Without a GOOD alternative to fill that space in the narrative the sexy stuff would be too much too fast. I don't dig NTR but I wonder if the space MC's prude ranting fills is where other males would go. You can have more dudes in a game without them fucking your girls man...they don't even need to all be gay...

Besides this, the game is pretty cool. My only other gripe is that it feels like too much of the game takes place in that apartment. There's a game named after an apartment that spends less time in the apartment...

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
I don't exactly hate the MC, but there is a bit too much internal monologue. We get it, internal conflict with fucking his "daughters" but you'd think after Lilith, he'd be way over it, but hes still on about Abby. I think it'd be much better if Abigail was the one having the conflict, while the MC try to read her to gauge if he should go for it while not trying to push her into a decision she may regret.

That said, I kinda prefer this over the "well, why not? lets fuck the daughters, the sisters, the mothers, no internal conflict whatsoever, as if incest is just normal" (unless it is).

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
I really loved the update, the Becca scene was incredible. I think Frank is progressing in his acceptance of the situation, he was even a bit controlling with Becca if you chose to reassure her. However I fully expect we will see Frank in denial mode once Abby starts to become more aggressive in pursuing him.

3.90 star(s) 194 Votes