Aug 22, 2017
I don't exactly hate the MC, but there is a bit too much internal monologue. We get it, internal conflict with fucking his "daughters" but you'd think after Lilith, he'd be way over it, but hes still on about Abby. I think it'd be much better if Abigail was the one having the conflict, while the MC try to read her to gauge if he should go for it while not trying to push her into a decision she may regret.

That said, I kinda prefer this over the "well, why not? lets fuck the daughters, the sisters, the mothers, no internal conflict whatsoever, as if incest is just normal" (unless it is).
It is a nice change of pace from other games in this vein, and I think that's why so many people are annoyed by the MC. The change of pace is refreshing until it becomes tedious. And that's were the people seem to confuse the criticism. Most of us aren't upset that the MC is conflicted and slow to move. It's that his conflict grows beyond internal conflict and becomes a very drawn out process that almost feels like the dev is just milking people to drag it out. .13 was a really good patch, and I hope this is the change of pace we've all been waiting for. But there were still some signs that he's going to continue dragging his feet. So as I've said before if .14 continues to pick up momentum and the MC actually starts to take action, then it's all good. But if he goes back to dragging his feet, I think a lot of people (myself included) are just going to give up on this game.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
the game is really laggy now, and if you try to go back to a previous decision the mouse buffer is way too large resulting in you going back dozens of steps
I thought that was just me. I noted that especially in this release. Maybe it's time to create a Part II and start from a fresh game? I realize some people hate that, but it may help with the bad lagging, as I saw it too.

EDIT: Since people are still responding to this, I thought I would update this post. I found a post here that explained why the lag is happening and how to fix it (too large of a text memory buffer). So there is no need to direct me to that post as I already read and applied it. Thanks for the good thought, though.

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I really like what you did in "Rebirth" with the integrated music, and sound effects. I would love to have that experience here too. Since "Single Again" is quite popular now, I would bet that there is a lot more interest for the type of music mod that you do, especially the fully integrated ones.

For me, having music, and sound effects add a lot more to my enjoyment of a visual novel/game. With that said, I completely understand why you would be hesitant to fully add this feature.

You know how they say, "beggars can't be choosers" right? Well, screw that, I DEMAND that you MAN UP, and implement a fully integrated audio mod with music, and effects. :devilish:

No? Fine. Whatever. I guess I'll just have to settle for your "QuickMusic" then. ;)

Although, I still want you to MAN UP, and do what must be done. Follow your destiny young one. Bring light to this dark empty world. :p
Well, I'll drop it now. Just a quick comparison: for a Rebirth update with about 2000 script lines I need ~3-4 hours for updating my Mod. This game has now 13 updates with an average of 4000 lines per update -> that would be 80-100 hours :oops:

Sorry, I'd really want to "MAN UP", but that would need me to have balls like big, VERY big pumpkins for doing that....

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I haven't played the latest yet, been hooked on Road 96. Not a VN, it's a Steam game. Ahaha Anyway, I have to agree with a few people that the MC is a weak person. Too damn nice. But, it fits the story. I only hope that he does at some point, 'grow a pair' and takes a bit more control. But, I get it. I enjoy incest/stepcest games, but, in reality, I think I'd be real hesitant about it. I'm not a weak person, but, yeah, it would be a hard pill to swallow.

Anyway, keep up the good work and once I'm done with Road 96, I'll jump into this new update.

bobdickgus

Apr 9, 2020
I will say I am happy about the update and the previous update in terms of progression with Becca and Lily and the game as a whole.

I am just gonna jump on the hate pile about the ridiculous over bearing internal monologues.
It is fine to be conflicted but only a max of three times for every one line of actual speaking dialog please!
Not fucking twenty!
Also when I am thinking I can still hear when people are talking to me, even though I may not comprehend the words the first time they speak I will still hear something and divert my attention appropriately, I assume I am not some weird outlier and this is actually a common human trait.

judgenot93

Feb 9, 2019
why is there an incest tag? admittedly i'm skipping about half of the text because MC is annoying af, but MC isn't related to anyone from what i can tell. is there a patch?

bobdickgus

Apr 9, 2020
Oh one thing with this update, the lawyer talk of watching over MC and Abby, this inference of helping sales for MC who is perpetually broke. Would he be a total homeless loser without the help.... seriously? non breeding horse cock can't catch a break in this game!

yorishi

Sep 14, 2017
Hm... something was wrong with characters chemistry for me and i couldn't get what. Simplest answer would be - MC is spineless ass, who is submissive closet pervert. But it looks like this only if we decide that MC is proactive decisions maker. But in this story we have more active character - Becky. And here is a problem. Have you seen Disney's Artemis Fowl ? Main character is genius who can do anything and know everything. Why? Because. We don t see anything clever in his actions, we know that he is clever only because everyone around him tell us that he is genius. Same thing with Becky. Author tell us that she is brilliant manipulator. But she never done anything manipulative, good script is hard to came up with. It s not so simple to make clever plot. That s why our MC MUST agree with her plan. Any logical decisions from male character will destroy whole "everything under Becky's control" premise. If you can t make strong and clever female character you just have to make dumb and weak male character.

Reactions: Bloodguard

Akifai

May 8, 2017
Well, I'll drop it now. Just a quick comparison: for a Rebirth update with about 2000 script lines I need ~3-4 hours for updating my Mod. This game has now 13 updates with an average of 4000 lines per update -> that would be 80-100 hours :oops:

Sorry, I'd really want to "MAN UP", but that would need me to have balls like big, VERY big pumpkins for doing that....

Hey, it's all cool, I was just being facetious with the "MAN UP" thing, no need to express any sorrow about it. I appreciate your work either way. I mean, after all, you don't really have to do any of this stuff, but you still do it. (y)

This might be a case of lost in translation since I'm not too keen on what the cool kids say these days, but when you say that you'll "drop it now," does that mean that you'll do the "QuickMusic" mod, and post it later? Or is it more of a, "screw you, I ain't MANNIG UP for shit, you ain't demanding nothin from me bitch." :devilish:

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Hey, it's all cool, I was just being facetious with the "MAN UP" thing, no need to express any sorrow about it. I appreciate your work either way. I mean, after all, you don't really have to do any of this stuff, but you still do it. (y)

This might be a case of lost in translation since I'm not too keen on what the cool kids say these days, but when you say that you'll "drop it now," does that mean that you'll do the "QuickMusic" mod, and post it later? Or is it more of a, "screw you, I ain't MANNIG UP for shit, you ain't demanding nothin from me bitch." :devilish:
Oops, wrote that a bit clumsy. Yes, QuickMusic is cuming coming, it will just take some more time. And I'm also way past the age of the cool kids' language also.

Edit:
I finished the Mod version with "Quickmusic", can be also found in my Mod post here

Last edited:

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
I really like the game, but the MC is a real self-righteous ass. A true Bata-Cuck. And if I talked to myself that much, I would check myself into a mental hospital.....
not really Self Righteous IMO, more like trying to absolve his responsibility by forcing others to make decisions for him. This way when it goes wrong he can blame others because he convinced himself mentally that he isn't wrong. A shit thing to do, especially to your daughters though. As a man and a father you need to accept their choices and take responsibility for theirs as though they are your own.

I think this is the crux of why so many find the MC annoying and/or jarring. He goes against our general principles of personal accountability and responsibility. He doesn't own up to anything in his life whatsoever. Blaming others for your own thoughts. It's all Becca's fault right? Just like Lillith for wanting to have sex with him. Just like Abby making her rules. I mean he even opened that door knowing what would happen.

I imagine this is why so many other games/authors choose an absentee father. It's much easier to write from a perspective of someone who never made those decisions for the character in reguards to their daughter(s).

Reactions: KnuckleDragger79

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Saves broken in .13? Every save i load throws exceptions
anyone have a working save for 0-12 or before? like 0-10, 0-11, for some reasons old saves don't work anymore
Like I said before, newer Ren'Py executable solves the problem. You can download RenPy SDK from here:

Unpack it and then either

(Method 1) replace the game's folders "renpy" and "lib", and put "renpy.py" and the executable in the game's folder (named something like SingleAgain). Run that renpy executable to run the game.

(Method 2) Or start RenPy executable directly from your unpacked SDK folder. Click "preferences" and then the name of the projects folder. Choose the folder inside which the game is located as the projects folder. E.g. choose "Games" if the game is in "Games/SingleAgain".

These methods work for PC (Windows/Linux). I have no idea about Mac or Android, but I think they should work there too, especially the second method.

Also tell the developers to correct that shit.

3.90 star(s) 195 Votes