Budgy75

Jan 11, 2021
I for one am really enjoying this VN, i actually find the way the dev has written MC's hesitation and nerves refreshing as i feel its more accurately representing how someone in his position would feel. Having a VN where the MC doesn't cave in easily and jump his family members (irrelevant if they aren't actually blood related) makes a nice change.

What i cant fathom is why so many people who clearly are annoyed by the vn and seem to have been since early on in its development don't just stop playing and move on, i have come across many games on this site that i just dont like, so i stopped playing them.

Anyway, @ the dev, keep up the great work, this was an excellent update, looking forward to the next one. Thank you

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
Is this super slow for anyone else or just me? When loading and quickly going through dialogue it's painfuly slow, and especially with rollback.
It's not just you, and no, text speed has nothing to do with it.

The problem is that the dev, for some reason saw it fit to set the history size to 100.000 lines, instead of a more sensible 250 or so like most other games. As the history fills up it gets slower and slower.

You can fix this by editing
./game/gui.rpy line 337

define config.history_length = 99999 > define config.history_length = 250

You will have to start a new game and fast forward to you current point though, as that setting, as well as the 100k history is stored with your savegame.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It's sufficient to apply the fix, load a savegame before the end and progress a few lines. The history shrinks itself then and it should run smoothly from that point on.

EDIT2: For anyone who doesn't feel comfortable doing the edit himself, here's the fixed file.

Last edited:

Akifai

May 8, 2017
Funnily enough, I already had this topic here about a year ago. I even made a short demo for it - but it wasn't really downloaded. So I stopped it again.

Unfortunately, in the meantime the game has progressed way too far, a fully integrated audio Mod like I had in mind back then would take too much time now.

But what I could do "easily" would be a kind of jukebox function to play the tracks yourself. I've done that (I call it "QuickMusic") already for a few other games (WVM, A Wife and Mother,..). Let me know if that would be an option for you.

I really like what you did in "Rebirth" with the integrated music, and sound effects. I would love to have that experience here too. Since "Single Again" is quite popular now, I would bet that there is a lot more interest for the type of music mod that you do, especially the fully integrated ones.

For me, having music, and sound effects add a lot more to my enjoyment of a visual novel/game. With that said, I completely understand why you would be hesitant to fully add this feature.

You know how they say, "beggars can't be choosers" right? Well, screw that, I DEMAND that you MAN UP, and implement a fully integrated audio mod with music, and effects. :devilish:

No? Fine. Whatever. I guess I'll just have to settle for your "QuickMusic" then. ;)

Although, I still want you to MAN UP, and do what must be done. Follow your destiny young one. Bring light to this dark empty world. :p

Reactions: Bloodguard

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Finally tried this out against after skipping a couple updates. Have to admit that the two step-daughter sex scenes (three if you count the choice) were great.
I'm really looking forward for Abby to finally start taking a hands on approach. She hasn't even tried to grab it while the mc sleeps or anything, yet :(

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I started to play that game yesterday and i liked it even if the MC is a kind of prude hypocritical guy. Always so concerned about any kind of nudity but also having fantasy about his daughters.
That wonderfull father so protective and his girls were quite amusing to follow until the moment when the biological father of Aby called on the phone and the MC hang up, without even telling anything to Aby and at that moment for me the MC became a total asshole.
I know he maybe wanted to protect Aby but it was also motivated by some jalousy and fear that Aby would want to know him.
Even if that guy was an asshole 18 years ago, probably a young immature guy, the MC has absolutely no right to behave like this.
And now i'm sitting in from of my pc and i just don't want to play with that MC, it reminds me of my own experience when i discovered at the age of 45 that i had a brother and that both my mother and father hid this from me because they thaught it was better for me to ignore all about him!
There is nothing worse than hiding such things even with good intention, the way to hell is paved with good intentions !

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
the game is really laggy now, and if you try to go back to a previous decision the mouse buffer is way too large resulting in you going back dozens of steps

Reactions: Macgamer
Jul 18, 2019
I started to play that game yesterday and i liked it even if the MC is a kind of prude hypocritical guy. Always so concerned about any kind of nudity but also having fantasy about his daughters.
That wonderfull father so protective and his girls were quite amusing to follow until the moment when the biological father of Aby called on the phone and the MC hang up, without even telling anything to Aby and at that moment for me the MC became a total asshole.
I know he maybe wanted to protect Aby but it was also motivated by some jalousy and fear that Aby would want to know him.
Even if that guy was an asshole 18 years ago, probably a young immature guy, the MC has absolutely no right to behave like this.
And now i'm sitting in from of my pc and i just don't want to play with that MC, it reminds me of my own experience when i discovered at the age of 45 that i had a brother and that both my mother and father hid this from me because they thaught it was better for me to ignore all about him!
There is nothing worse than hiding such things even with good intention, the way to hell is paved with good intentions !
youre projecting a bit much here buddy. plus, that rando fucker deserves to be shot down, he was just a horny college kid that wanted all the fun and none of the work, and iirc he aint even on the birth certificate. so no, that fucker has absolutely no rights to drop bombs after 18 years of no-show. same goes for the parents of dead mom. also, the situation gets resolved, just go on playin

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
It's not just you, and no, text speed has nothing to do with it.

The problem is that the dev, for some reason saw it fit to set the history size to 100.000 lines, instead of a more sensible 250 or so like most other games. As the history fills up it gets slower and slower.

You can fix this by editing
./game/gui.rpy line 337

define config.history_length = 99999 > define config.history_length = 250

You will have to start a new game and fast forward to you current point though, as that setting, as well as the 100k history is stored with your savegame.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It's sufficient to apply the fix, load a savegame before the end and progress a few lines. The history shrinks itself then and it should run smoothly from that point on.

EDIT2: For anyone who doesn't feel comfortable doing the edit himself, here's the fixed file.
Thank you for this! It kept going back further and further that I had to just force quit the game.

3.90 star(s) 194 Votes