quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Rebecca is a manipulator. But at no time has she coerced the MC. And I don't believe it's in her nature to coerce him. She's playing a game to get him to open up to what he obviously wants but won't admit.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Nope disagree, manipulator would mean she is being selfish and only she gains from it, but plan while sure is underhanded in approach (assuming it works) is going to make her, Lily, Abbey and the MC happy.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I see the word "manipulate" as having more nuanced meaning than that. Sure, it can be selfish. But I see it here in the meaning of skilfully steering people where she wants them to go, for their mutual benefit.

Could be there's a better word.

Reactions: KnightOwlSC

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I see the word "manipulate" as having more nuanced meaning than that. Sure, it can be selfish. But I see it here in the meaning of skilfully steering people where she wants them to go, for their mutual benefit.

The word with a nicer feeling about it is motivating. :p

Reactions: Settum

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

"Manipulate" is the right word. It's a neutral word that has negative connotations because many people manipulate out of selfishness. However, one often has to "manipulate" their kindergartner to put on pants to go to school by offering a treat, or their spouse to put their clothes in the hamper or do the dishes. These things aren't selfish, but do make life work more smoothly for everyone involved.

steelmonkey76

Feb 4, 2021
Sorry, but I have to say this to get it out my system, your game is quite enjoyable but the way you make the MC's thoughts such a huge part of the game, it is just spoiling your game it's to long winded and it takes away a lot of enjoyment from the game and you make the MC to much of a sissy with all the hesitation towards pretty much every thing. I use the example of Lily and him having fun but you portray his thoughts way to much also how many times is to much in saying no, stop, it's bad blah, blah, blah. If you eased up on having his thought process such big part of the game it would so much better, we don't want to read so much of his thoughts because honestly with the amount you write about that part it just spoils the game the same goes for having the MC say no or shouldn't or just portraying a wimp in denial, If you just reduce those two things the game would just flow a lot better and maintain enjoyment instead of being long winded that takes a lot of the enjoyment away. Anyway sorry but I just needed to say that, your game has a great story having emotion, love, lose, family and a true progressive story line but with the reduction of those two factors would create a fantastic flowing story line instead of a great story line but it's long winded.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Sorry, but I have to say this to get it out my system, your game is quite enjoyable but the way you make the MC's thoughts such a huge part of the game, it is just spoiling your game it's to long winded and it takes away a lot of enjoyment from the game and you make the MC to much of a sissy with all the hesitation towards pretty much every thing. I use the example of Lily and him having fun but you portray his thoughts way to much also how many times is to much in saying no, stop, it's bad blah, blah, blah. If you eased up on having his thought process such big part of the game it would so much better, we don't want to read so much of his thoughts because honestly with the amount you write about that part it just spoils the game the same goes for having the MC say no or shouldn't or just portraying a wimp in denial, If you just reduce those two things the game would just flow a lot better and maintain enjoyment instead of being long winded that takes a lot of the enjoyment away. Anyway sorry but I just needed to say that, your game has a great story having emotion, love, lose, family and a true progressive story line but with the reduction of those two factors would create a fantastic flowing story line instead of a great story line but it's long winded.
Oof. I feel like I just read one of this game's MC's thoughts.

*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019

I have to agree. I love the game and how much work is put into character developement. I am also mostly fine with the MC's thoughts, but sometimes things get incredible repetitive.This goes for his thoughts as well as some dialogues with the girls. The talk in the sauna with Becky for example was just torture. This makes it actually hard to believe that the girls actually like him in that way.

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
Thanks for the share... I say as I quickly re-download 0.13 just in case the compiled chapter is broken in some way.

Deckard81

Oct 23, 2017
Old saves and preferences not working with 1.0 is that a intended or a bug?

Edit: Chapter 1 creates a new save folder, just copied the save files from the old folder to the new one and they seem to be working, for anyone wondering.

(Copy save files from %APPDATA%/RenPy/SingleAgain-Save to %APPDATA%/RenPy/SingleAgainCHP1-Save)

Last edited:
Reactions: ftsgr and Dongus420
3.90 star(s) 201 Votes