Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
Episode 11 of Chapter 1 also has NTR, when Justin cheats on Lilly.
As neither Justin nor the girl (can't remember her name) are main characters and only mentioned in the original story but shown in the side story, this doesn't constitute as NTR. Also, again, NTR has more elements involved than simple cheating but apparently F95 allows simple cheating to qualify for NTR so whatever. Again, in the original story of Single Again, there is no NTR.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I could have sworn this had the completed tag as it is the only games I download. Got to the point where it recommends playing Lilith's Longing and came here to download it, to find this doesn't have the completed tag.
lilith's sidestory isn't must to play, it just shows what happened to her before she embraced frank.

HunkyDunx

Dec 19, 2018
Love this game so far but sometimes there can be a lot of waffle and repetitiveness of the MC battling his conscience, this could be reduced a considerable amount and still portray his feelings on the matter.
The one thing I can't understand with dev's now is when they don't offer the option to change the opacity of the textbox in the Preferences menu. It gets really annoying having to hide the textbox the whole time to see the total image especially as parts you want to see are normally behind the box. It would also be prudent to offer a font size and colour change.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Episode 11 of Chapter 1 also has NTR, when Justin cheats on Lilly.
As neither Justin nor the girl (can't remember her name) are main characters and only mentioned in the original story but shown in the side story, this doesn't constitute as NTR. Also, again, NTR has more elements involved than simple cheating but apparently F95 allows simple cheating to qualify for NTR so whatever. Again, in the original story of Single Again, there is no NTR.
F95's rules stipulate for the tag that (a) a romantic interest of MC must be (b) involved with somebody else than MC with (c) the intent (by the game/dev) to cause jealousy.

Since Lil is not the MC and neither Justin nor the girl are Love Interests of the MC, in terms of tags this does not apply.

All discussions about how this deviates from NTR definitions in other places have been had.

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
F95's rules stipulate for the tag that (a) a romantic interest of MC must be (b) involved with somebody else than MC with (c) the intent (by the game/dev) to cause jealousy.

Since Lil is not the MC and neither Justin nor the girl are Love Interests of the MC, in terms of tags this does not apply.

All discussions about how this deviates from NTR definitions in other places have been had.
Thank you. Unfortunately, too many people think that simple cheating equates to NTR but "jealousy" is a very good factor.

Outside of F95, the true meaning behind NTR is "the intentional emotional impact a writer causes to a main character whose significant love interest causes such as betrayal". This usually is in the form of cheating but even if the MC was cheated on but doesn't suffer emotionally from it, it's not truly NTR.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
You've got to be careful going down the NTR rabbit hole just because a work has some cheating to stir up the pot. The Illiad? NTR! King Arthur? NTR! Anna Karenina? NTR! The Postman Always Rings Twice? NTR! Every show on ABC? NTR! You will start to see NTR floating in your alphabet soup.

Reactions: joshrip

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
lilly isn't ntr she was just a young girl looking for someone to love, becca says once you are in with her she is loyal to a fault its her choice of guys sucks each one cheated on her. So once she sees what MC is to her, loyal to her even when she was mean to him, always doing his best for her and also filling her daddy fetish there is little doubt that she will be faithful to him will not try to cause pain (any more) so I don't see her past as ntr. more of what she needed to grow into her current role.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
The one thing I can't understand with dev's now is when they don't offer the option to change the opacity of the textbox in the Preferences menu. It gets really annoying having to hide the textbox the whole time to see the total image especially as parts you want to see are normally behind the box. It would also be prudent to offer a font size and colour change.
https://f95zone.to/threads/single-again-ch-1-v1-15-clever-name-games.46941/page-231#post-6449045

animekid99

Jul 19, 2019
the only problems i have with this game is why is the mc so god damned uptight christ he's reluctantcy is pissing me off and lilith damn she gets on my nerves

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
the only problems i have with this game is why is the mc so god damned uptight christ he's reluctantcy is pissing me off and lilith damn she gets on my nerves
So you would prefer that he is a heartless ass and does not care about the long-term consequences of what he is doing to the three young women that he has raised as daughters. Niiiiiiiice.

As far as Lilith, she has been seriously damaged by being abandoned by her father. That is Psych 101. Of course, she would be damaged, and of course, it would be hard for her to trust another man. You have to remember, you know a lot of things that she does not. It is not until she finds out that her father is an ass who could care less for her (definitively) that she realizes that the MC really was her father all along and did genuinely care for her. You are expecting a child to act like an adult. What we know about brain development tells us that a child's brain is not fully developed until 25 years of age or later. Expecting someone younger to be able to behave fully as an "adult" is unreasonable.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
So you would prefer that he is a heartless ass and does not care about the long-term consequences of what he is doing to the three young women that he has raised as daughters. Niiiiiiiice.
There's enough people on these forums who think like that because it is "alpha" and they themselves are "alphas" (in their own minds), so they must play like this.

Of course it is still possible to just not want to delve too deep into these consequences or that, while it is a legit story element in principle, it is overdone here. And that is absolutely okay. But some people really push their "everything must revolve around me/MC, and me/MC alone!" a bit far. My favorite was probably the guy who considered Frank weak because he adopted children.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019

As far as Lilith, she has been seriously damaged by being abandoned by her father. That is Psych 101. Of course, she would be damaged, and of course, it would be hard for her to trust another man. You have to remember, you know a lot of things that she does not. It is not until she finds out that her father is an ass who could care less for her (definitively) that she realizes that the MC really was her father all along and did genuinely care for her. You are expecting a child to act like an adult. What we know about brain development tells us that a child's brain is not fully developed until 25 years of age or later. Expecting someone younger to be able to behave fully as an "adult" is unreasonable.

As far as Lilith, she has been seriously damaged by being abandoned by her father. That is Psych 101. Of course, she would be damaged, and of course, it would be hard for her to trust another man.

Nothing that a few Psychotropic Drugs and a stiffy wouldn't cure.

Reactions: animekid99

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Nothing that a few Psychotropic Drugs and a stiffy wouldn't cure.
I've not responded to most of the comments on my post because I was (not too gently) corrected that Lilly is not the MC, thus NTR does not apply ... however ... in this case, I will make an exception.

Lilly does not need the psychotropic drugs ... just the stiffy. Dickhead Justin was just the trigger to get her to ask the right question to find out about her sperm donor and finally "get" who her real father was. That, and lover.

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
I've not responded to most of the comments on my post because I was (not too gently) corrected that Lilly is not the MC, thus NTR does not apply ... however ... in this case, I will make an exception.

Lilly does not need the psychotropic drugs ... just the stiffy. Dickhead Justin was just the trigger to get her to ask the right question to find out about her sperm donor and finally "get" who her real father was. That, and lover.
I agree. It's sad how many people don't understand how normal Lilly's behavior actually is.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I agree. It's sad how many people don't understand how normal Lilly's behavior actually is.
During the 320+ pages of this discussion, many have accused the MC of being a milquetoast at best. My view on this has always been that he has feelings for his daughters, but his first concern has always been their welfare and what a relationship would do to them. This means that Becca has had to drag him kicking and screaming in some cases, but if someone who views himself as a Father is too concerned about hurting his daughters, I don't see how that ever is a bad thing.

You are absolutely right about Lilly's behavior. She has been hurt, badly, by the one man she trusted, and she is holding out, hoping that he will come back someday. When she asks the "right" question and realizes that the man in front of her has been 100x more of a father than her loser sperm donor, her rapid transition in the other direction is not unexpected. That, and I think on some level she has always cared for him but didn't feel safe to let him (or anyone else) know. His breaking the news about her sad-sack sperm donor kicked down that last door.

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
During the 320+ pages of this discussion, many have accused the MC of being a milquetoast at best. My view on this has always been that he has feelings for his daughters, but his first concern has always been their welfare and what a relationship would do to them. This means that Becca has had to drag him kicking and screaming in some cases, but if someone who views himself as a Father is too concerned about hurting his daughters, I don't see how that ever is a bad thing.

You are absolutely right about Lilly's behavior. She has been hurt, badly, by the one man she trusted, and she is holding out, hoping that he will come back someday. When she asks the "right" question and realizes that the man in front of her has been 100x more of a father than her loser sperm donor, her rapid transition in the other direction is not unexpected. That, and I think on some level she has always cared for him but didn't feel safe to let him (or anyone else) know. His breaking the news about her sad-sack sperm donor kicked down that last door.
Lmao I think mquetoast was very much an understatement based on the way I have heard him described here and in other forums. You are very much right though. Here is a man who took on the role of father of some other man's child as his own and loved her mother with everything he had. Then he took on another woman's children and wanted to be the father for them as well despite how one of them treated him. He loved those girls so much and wanted to be there for them and he was. However, he discovers that the one daughter he has known all her life seems interested in him and knowing what he knows caused conflict in him. Then he finds out that not only one, but both of the other people who always viewed as his daughters are also wanting to love him more than just a father and his mind is in constant turmoil. Many "guys" have been on here talking that he is weak or spinless and he whines but I guarantee that if they were faced with a similar, life changing situation, they too would think long and hard (pun intended) about how to proceed. I knew a guy who had a friend's mother flirt and try to seduce him and I had to constantly hear out his thoughts and conflicted viewing of the situation. He thought he would be betraying his friend if he entertained her. He worried it would ruin things between his friend and his mother. He worried about how the rest of us friend's would view him. This woman was attractive and she had her son at a very early age (she was a minor at the time) and so she was a very young mother comparatively. He didn't realize until months of agony within his own mind that the friend found out and actually had no issues with the situation. Yet he still fought it and hated himself for even considering it. The MC here has a much tougher situation and the roles involved have much higher stakes for him.

Give him the credit for holding out as long as he did lol

3.90 star(s) 201 Votes