zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
Update v1.23
I did a quick translation to Portuguese, it is not a professional translation, and a simply amateur translation.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------
Atualização v1.23
Fiz uma tradução para o português, não e uma Tradução profissional, e uma tradução simplesmente amadora.

Tradução com pouca revisão para a versão :v1.23

PS : a Tradução aceita o Walkthrough MOD

SingleAgain V1.23 Mega
portuguese translation update to version 1.23
-------------------------------
atualização da tradução por português para versão 1.23

Jul 16, 2018
Zoey Raven
I changed the name of the MC, but after a while I only see the name 'Frank'. The mod is correctly installed, because I still get the 'green' good choices. Also, when I go to the mod menu it says the MC's name is my chosen name rather than Frank.

It just now started happening when Mei is coming home with Becca after they went shopping. Mei is showing off clothes while MC and Becca are on the couch.

The game's version is v1.23 and the mod I downloaded is also v1.23.
Is this a known problem? Do I need to change something?

Iluvatar_SVK

Jun 14, 2019
Zoey Raven
I changed the name of the MC, but after a while I only see the name 'Frank'. The mod is correctly installed, because I still get the 'green' good choices. Also, when I go to the mod menu it says the MC's name is my chosen name rather than Frank.

It just now started happening when Mei is coming home with Becca after they went shopping. Mei is showing off clothes while MC and Becca are on the couch.

That's not a problem with the mods. This is a problem with the game files. Apparently the author did not fix it and we reported the problem to him.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Zoey Raven

You are the first person who's ever I said anything about that to me. Plus, I always update everything that developer updates at the beginning of the script file. So something changing halfway in between that would not have to do with the mod at all.

Iluvatar_SVK

Jun 14, 2019
Sorry folks, I have to correct myself. It's not the author's problem (he already fixed it), but it's the modder's problem - he didn't fix it.
Zoey Raven try to fix it in these files in your mod:
Code:
script 1.15 : lines 2045, 3292, 3103, 3202
script 1.17 : line 6556
script 1.20 : line 1250
script 1.22 : line 8937

Mar 29, 2023
Zoey Raven

In the beginning of the game, when you can change names, the dev warns that if you do that, there will be some faults in the script. Especially with the whole call name, nickname, given name thing. It happens only a couple times so it's not that bad though, just imagine the name you put in when you see "frank".

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
In the beginning of the game, when you can change names, the dev warns that if you do that, there will be some faults in the script. Especially with the whole call name, nickname, given name thing. It happens only a couple times so it's not that bad though, just imagine the name you put in when you see "frank".
yeah 3 different custom names for 4 characters, what could go wrong?

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
I imagine not that much more than with just one custom name - confusing name with variable should be just as easy, no?
right because someone who can throw 1 dagger at you is just a likely to hit you as someone who can throw 12 no?!

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
right because someone who can throw 1 dagger at you is just a likely to hit you as someone who can throw 12 no?!
Well, there may be additional confusion with mixing up the variables. But "Frank" appearing in game seems to me just using full text instead of the intended variable, and that seems just as likely no matter how many variables you could possibly pick. Again, I may be mistaken, haven't seriously coded in ages, but to me it seems to be the same brainfart "forgot to put a variable in".

3.90 star(s) 194 Votes