Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Just curious, Is that Beta MC fucked his 3 "non-daugters" (I meant... did they fucked him*) in the current version?

• Haha
Reactions: Jstforme

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Just curious, Is that Beta MC fucked his 3 "non-daugters" (I meant... did they fucked him*) in the current version?
I mean if we try to stay realistic, it's not far fetched to think one would have reservations to fuck their daughter... even if not blood related. But we're getting there

Reactions: MS686

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I mean if we try to stay realistic, it's not far fetched to think one would have reservations to fuck their daughter... even if not blood related. But we're getting there
no it isn't but still there are "some" who say that they should have 4-5somes by now.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Any normal person would have serious reservations over messing around with their daughter or step.
you are saying that those hillbillies living in some south states of god blessed yankeeland aren't normal?

• Haha
Reactions: NinKing

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
you are saying that those hillbillies living in some south states of god blessed yankeeland aren't normal?
Appalachia is entirely abnormal. West Virginia and Southern PA is full of truly disturbed folks. A friend of mine that went to WVU said there's this spot (a little town/village, maybe series of trailer parks) that you can see from the highway driving from WV into PA where pretty much everyone is a first or second order blood relation. Might have been the inspiration for Doc5252's games. Slight exaggeration, but not too far off.

Then there's always European royalty if you really want to get inbred.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx and Elhemeer

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Actually the worst example arguably is Tristan da Cunha, an island smack down in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, the inhabited place furthest from the next (which is St. Helena, also an island in the Atlantic Ocean, well known because of being Napoleon's final home).

It has about 250 inhabitants, until quite recently no way to leave except for a supply ship every six month - and thus there are 7 familes, which actually are by now one family. There's not much choice when you're looking for a partner your age ...

And there was of course Pitcairn, another island, this time in the Pacific. Famous for being where the crew of the HMS Bounty settled. Not even 100 inhabitants, but these days there is more traffic and more opportunities to move to a neighboring island (for a certain degree of "neighbor", of course, still 1000km/600mi or so).

But Tristan da Cunha is where doctors find quite a few hallmarks of inbreeding.

Reactions: Elhemeer

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Francis' incessant inter monologue is irritating to us because we know what kind of game we're playing and we are absolutely sure of the outcome. All it does is make him a man of weak convictions. A person who is dishonest with those around him and with himself. It assassinates his character more than it builds it.

1668271324021.png

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Francis' incessant inter monologue is irritating to us because we know what kind of game we're playing and we are absolutely sure of the outcome. All it does is make him a man of weak convictions. A person who is dishonest with those around him and with himself. It assassinates his character more than it builds it.

View attachment 2164316
To me, what it makes him, is a conflicted person, who doesn't magically get over that conflict instantaneously. There's a world view that what he's feeling is wrong, which he has accepted for most of his life as true. There's the fact that for much of his life he has devoted himself to protecting these girls from people who wanted to do very similar things to what he's doing with them right now. Is it different because it's what the girls want? Absolutely, yes, but that doesn't magically make the guilt go away, or the sense of hypocrisy.

Is this a fantasy game, and is it valid to write it in a way where he doesn't have this conflict? Absolutely it is, and there are tons of fun and good games that do things that way. However, *not* doing things that way gives this game unique aspects which I, and several other people do enjoy. I enjoy that it feels like Becca and the others are corrupting Frank, and that's not possible without the inner conflict that you dislike. I feel like it's more true to a situation where someone's daughters suddenly decided to try to seduce them than what we normally see in these types of games, and while that's not necessary, I find it refreshingly different personally.

This is not to say that your viewpoint isn't valid. You're free to dislike it, and to state that dislike in this public forum. I only respond, because it's important for people like the developer to see that there are those with an equally valid viewpoint on the side of how they are currently writing the story so that they can make an informed decision about whether to continue writing it that way.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
This is not to say that your viewpoint isn't valid. You're free to dislike it, and to state that dislike in this public forum.
But that's what I don't get. When I don't like something I stopped watching/playing this. It seems like these people don't like MC and then play a new update and are surprised that they still don't like MC. What's the point?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
But that's what I don't get. When I don't like something I stopped watching/playing this. It seems like these people don't like MC and then play a new update and are surprised that they still don't like MC. What's the point?
that's a million dollar question.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
They're like food or art critics: they live to bitch and moan and can't get it enough of it. They also tend to be talentless and incapable of doing the thing they critique; in this case, the thing they're incapable of doing is understanding the rational(ish) thoughts of someone with a moral and ethical conflict. This is a frequent trait of attorneys, politicians, marketing execs and used car salesmen.

• Angry
Reactions: turgsh01
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes