max dampf

May 25, 2017
Ok, i haven`t search the threat for it before i wrote my text, but i`m really glad that i`m not just seeing things or at least not the only one:)
And, as others have pointed out earlier this thread, MC is unlikely to be Becca's biological father, since this is obviously something Shannon would more likely have used against MC in the divorce proceedings.
I don`t really see how it would help her in the divorce, except by accusing him he raped her back then. But that would bring up the question why she married him later then.
But the theory of her cheating and leaving prengnant is also tempting, while it brings out a lot of possible ways this story can go.
Like Elhemeer mentioned, becca could came to the same conclusion but being wrong about it.

Reactions: Elhemeer

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Yes the issue with Becca's age, the mystery of who her father is and why Shannon left has been discussed at some length here.

Personally, I believe that she simply had a girls' night out with her friends at some point, they had gone off the deep end with the alcohol, she was hooked up by someone and got knocked up.

But well, I can also vividly imagine that CNG really screwed up his timeline or else he needed a reason for Shannon to be out of the picture and for Frank and Jess to become close again so that once she returned pregnant with Abby, the two would eventually and finally end up as a couple.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yes the issue with Becca's age, the mystery of who her father is and why Shannon left has been discussed at some length here.
I found this game after the current update, and I never look through forums of games I've not yet caught up on, but finding out this is an old topic doesn't surprise me.

I tend to not do the math in these things (Leap of Faith is amazing, but the timeline has to be ignored or your head will fly off thinking about it) but the idea that it's a dev oops is less believable unless CNG never comes here. So if the timeline is on purpose, considering all the hoops already in play to make sure there's no "real" incest between Frank and the girls, I'm on board with Shannon "cheating" (not that we know she considered them exclusive anyway).

That doesn't actually take away from the possibility that Becca THINKS she's Frank's real daughter, but even hinting that thought would be a HUGE issue for both Frank and Lilith, and as much as Becca likes teasing them, she might think it would be a hinderance to her plan to let that thought even surface.

However, none of this helps me with the fairies. If there is even a chance that somewhere in the deep recesses of his mind the date of Becca's conception is suspicious to him, I would have thought they'd start poking the bear, especially after the bear poked Becca. So until something changes in his dreams, I'm still going to be leaning on the side of dev oops.

Reactions: pgm_01

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
The timing of Becca points to the weekend that Shannon had a party, followed by Frank and Shannon "Doin' it and doin' it and doin' it", which was included in Franks story to Abby "Just to say that he and Shannon had a lot of sex". That was the author all but screaming that that's when Becca was first conceived, either by Frank on Saturday or Sunday, or by a drunken hookup at the party that Friday.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
I've theorized about Becca before, my full (main) posts in this thread here, here, here, and here.

Basic highlights of my theory: Shannon cheated on MC with some unknown person (which is a high possibility, given her more recent history), about two months later, her family finds out she's pregnant, and moves elsewhere to escape the "shame" (the move did seem hasty). In the process of the move, Shannon breaks up with MC, starts working at a fast food restaurant (part-time at first), where she meets and gets involved with Trevor, and possibly "lures" him into thinking its his. Either that, or Trevor technically adopts Becca as his own out of pity (the same way MC adopts Abby as his own).

In any case, as we've learned through the divorce process, Shannon lies and cheats to get what she wants, so anything is possible. And, as others have pointed out earlier this thread, MC is unlikely to be Becca's biological father, since this is obviously something Shannon would more likely have used against MC in the divorce proceedings.
Not if on the Birth Certificate Trevor was shown as the father. Shannon would hve no leverage at all through the Courts against Frank.

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
In any case, as we've learned through the divorce process, Shannon lies and cheats to get what she wants, so anything is possible. And, as others have pointed out earlier this thread, MC is unlikely to be Becca's biological father, since this is obviously something Shannon would more likely have used against MC in the divorce proceedings.
This part has never sat well with me. How exactly would she get any benefit? Becca is an adult (>19), she has a job, and pays rent, so she is not a dependent (and trying to claim she was would bring some focus on the ~4 years of rent payments that Shannon had taken from her). Frank gave up his claim to the house and the stuff within without any pressure from her, and Frank having a second child would not give her a stronger claim on the cars.

She went in planning to use the abuse strategy, got floored when it backfired, and never really recovered.

Further, letting Frank know that Becca was his would 1) Make Frank ecstatically happy, and 2) make Frank and Becca closer (which to her means losing some of her grip on Becca)

Shannon being willing to fight dirty doesn't mean that she would throw away some potentially very powerful leverage without benefit

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Not if on the Birth Certificate Trevor was shown as the father. Shannon would hve no leverage at all through the Courts against Frank.
that depends how justice system works. here father has limited time to contest fatherhood and after that time he is father in eyes of justice system even if bloodtest tells otherwise and needs to pay childsupport unless mother of child re-marries (why would she since child's real father with whom she lives now pays everything besides child support so free money for her and rest).

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
This part has never sat well with me. How exactly would she get any benefit? Becca is an adult (>19), she has a job, and pays rent, so she is not a dependent
Depending on the jurisdiction (this game is set in Canada), children may be counted as dependents well into their 20s. Especially if pursuing an education, though that doesn't seem to be the case here.

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
Depending on the jurisdiction (this game is set in Canada), children may be counted as dependents well into their 20s. Especially if pursuing an education, though that doesn't seem to be the case here.
May be counted, but requiring some particular circumstance. Being in school would count, but Becca isn't. Inability for the child to support themself due to illness or other reason could count, but again Becca is working and paying rent.

Also, Shannons preconceptions about the divorce process was 'claim abuse to get everything', and 'the woman gets alimony', it's not uncharacteristic for her to also think 'Becca is an adult, so no child support' without really looking into it (and her lawyer not suggesting it because the rent situation is probably breaking dozens of landlord-tennant laws)

Reactions: pgm_01 and Elhemeer

Iluvatar_SVK

Jun 14, 2019
This game is set in Canada... Why Canada?
I translated whole game into my language and there is no mention of any country (U.S. or Canada)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I translated whole game into my language and there is no mention of any country (U.S. or Canada)
It's where the Dev said it was set. Simple as that. I'm pretty sure you can find it if you search this thread.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
What's wrong with Canada... You somehow seem slighted by the Dev's remarks. I hope you don't start acting like this is an episode out of South Park and want to try and Bomb it.

• Haha

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
What's wrong with Canada... You somehow seem slighted by the Dev's remarks. I hope you don't start acting like this is an episode out of South Park and want to try and Bomb it.
No, but we should all shit on the grave of the guy who created Hawaiian Pizza (yes, this is a reference to another game...).

Reactions: yltohawk

Iluvatar_SVK

Jun 14, 2019
Nothing wrong with Canada. I have some good friends in Canada. Even distant part of my family lives in Vancouver. I just didn't know that the developer stated that the game takes place in Canada and it doesn't even state that anywhere in the game itself.

Last edited:

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Nothing wrong with Canada. I have some good friends in Canada. Even distant part of my family lives in Vancouver. I just didn't know that the developer stated that the game takes place in Canada and it doesn't even state that anywhere in the game itself.
I mean MC is a fan of hokey.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I mean MC is a fan of hokey.
And supporting a Canadian team, as people found out (though you can of course do that from Vietnam for all its worth). Some people also found out minor parts you wouldn't know, IIRC one phone number mentioned was distinctly Canadian. Then again you have to be careful with that, with hints like this I can point you to a game which seems to be simultaneously set in four different places - because dev didn't give a fuck.

• Haha
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes